Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Musical Quote of the Day
“If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC”  - Kurt Vonnegut

During a rehearsal, conductor Sir Thomas Beecham thought that his female soloist was playing less than adequately on her fine Italian cello. He stopped the orchestra and declared:

"Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!"

Another one from him

"There are two golden rules for an orchestra: start together and finish together. The public doesn't give a damn what goes on in between."
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
(06-10-2017, 12:42)Music Head Wrote: something like

If you were to re-invent rock and roll you might just call it Chuck Berry - John Lennon

and Lennon's other one  -   "before Elvis there was nothing"

(06-10-2017, 16:18)Ruby Wrote: Alrighty then ... 

"Elvis may be the king of rock n roll, but I am the queen." 

Little Richard

Lol!

and Paul McCartney on meeting Little Richard and realising he was homosexual: (beatles first US trip)

"we (beatles) met Richard back stage and because i sang his songs live i asked him how he gets that pitch so high
when he sings "Woooowwwwwwww!", Richards reply was "come back to my hotel room and ill make you go "wooowwwwww!"
Hall of Fame country songwriter Harlan Howard - Harlan Howard coined one of the best definitions ever for a country song: "Three chords and the truth."
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Speaking of three simple chords and the God's honest truth Big Grin

Tongue ......
[Image: avatar_2186.jpg]I try to be good but I get bored   

There are two means of refuge for the miseries of life: music and cats Smile
Albert Schweitzer
  Tongue ......
[Image: avatar_2186.jpg]I try to be good but I get bored   

(10-10-2017, 13:59)Jerome Wrote: During a rehearsal, conductor Sir Thomas Beecham thought that his female soloist was playing less than adequately on her fine Italian cello. He stopped the orchestra and declared:

"Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!"

Another one from him

"There are two golden rules for an orchestra: start together and finish together. The public doesn't give a damn what goes on in between."

^He had probably been playing Scrabble with Freddie Mercury, lol!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

(11-10-2017, 05:14)Lovely Linda Wrote: There are two means of refuge for the miseries of life: music and cats Smile
Albert Schweitzer

Too true!! ...
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

"My vocal style I haven’t tried to copy from anyone. It just developed until it became the girlish whine it is today." 

and

"It's crucial that I kind of keep up, without drifting into the backslapping land of cliché and lifetime achievement awards."

Robert Plant

Guess we'll know soon how that's working out! His new album is due for release in two days - Carry Fire ... 

“If it doesn’t sound right to the human ear, it’s not going to sound right to the microphone.”

Alan Parsons (from his Art & Science of Sound Recording DVD)

This clip doesn’t sound all that right to my human ear, which is weird, but it’s a cool video and I couldn’t resist! The exuberant Lenny Zakatek and Eric Woolfson giving it horns, lol!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A musical riddle bob_32_116 2 218 20-12-2016, 07:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Meat Loaf on turning Bat Out Of Hell into a musical CRAZY-HORSE 2 392 05-11-2016, 02:55
  What is you favorite Musical? Mikecowell 9 589 05-10-2016, 22:40
  Astonishing musical facts bob_32_116 9 1,109 12-07-2016, 21:17
Last Post: Ruby
  Molin's musical marble machine artsy 0 221 21-05-2016, 13:34
Last Post: artsy
  Musical Gold JimmyNeutron 9 2,545 29-07-2015, 02:30
Last Post: TheNeedleDrops
  What do think about musical promotion? Ralph N. Norton 0 296 30-01-2015, 06:43
Last Post: Ralph N. Norton
  Musical Degrees JimmyNeutron 2 349 27-07-2014, 05:16
Last Post: JimmyNeutron
  Nun shocks the musical world Amurcomusic 1 856 13-05-2014, 12:52
Last Post: SteveO
  I have specific musical anhedonia ledoyendumidi 2 672 24-04-2014, 15:50
Last Post: SteveO