Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Musical Quote of the Day
mine either

that song should sound like this

^Lol!!
Good return - well played. 
Big Grin
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

(11-10-2017, 18:07)Ruby Wrote:
(10-10-2017, 13:59)Jerome Wrote: During a rehearsal, conductor Sir Thomas Beecham thought that his female soloist was playing less than adequately on her fine Italian cello. He stopped the orchestra and declared:

"Madam, you have between your legs an instrument capable of giving pleasure to thousands, and all you can do is scratch it!"

Another one from him

"There are two golden rules for an orchestra: start together and finish together. The public doesn't give a damn what goes on in between."

^He had probably been playing Scrabble with Freddie Mercury, lol!

Very good - you might be right!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
“I’d like to thank Stevie Wonder for not doing an album this year”

Paul Simon
(on winning the Grammy for Album of the Year in 1976 for Still Crazy After All These Years. Stevie Wonder had taken the honours in both 1974 and 1975, and he promptly did so again in 1977!)

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

'If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music.'
― Albert Einstein
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
“If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.” - Charles Darwin

“Now, some guys' five minutes are worth other guys' fifty years, and while burning out in one brilliant supernova will send record sales through the roof, leave you living fast, dying young, leaving a beautiful corpse, there is something to be said for living. Personally, I like my gods old, grizzled and here.” 

Bruce Springsteen
(from his autobiography, Born to Run)

"I play guitar quite a bit, because I'm always in search of something. I don't play to jam, but because I'm fishing. I'm looking for something, that I hope you can never find. If I do find it, I'm afraid I won't have a need to do this anymore."

Robbie Robertson

“Wilderness. The word itself is music.” 
Edward Abbey  (from his first book, Desert Solitaire)

Tom Russell’s forthright tribute to the outspoken environmentalist - “The Ballad of Edward Abbey” - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8CGKosMflA

From the ambient album, Desert Solitaire by Michael Stearns, Steve Roach, and Kevin Braheny, also honouring Abbey (I would have chosen “From the Heart of Darkness” but the only clip for that track is blocked in my country, annoyingly) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHYPaALUkFk

And this, from Brian May’s Another World, and which has nothing to do with Edward Abbey other than a tenuous connection through the song title, “Wilderness” …  

“If music be the food of love; play on…”

William Shakespeare

This one was inevitable! Michael Kamen arranged the music for "Sonnet 18" which is included in his album When Love Speaks (some spoken, and some musical interpretations of the bard’s sonnets). Bryan Ferry recorded the song for the album, however, David Gilmour later sang it as well – recording it aboard his houseboat, Astoria; both renditions are lovely IMHO.

Gilmour’s - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8Osse7w9fs

And Mr Ferry’s …

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A musical riddle bob_32_116 2 234 20-12-2016, 07:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Meat Loaf on turning Bat Out Of Hell into a musical CRAZY-HORSE 2 408 05-11-2016, 02:55
  What is you favorite Musical? Mikecowell 9 611 05-10-2016, 22:40
  Astonishing musical facts bob_32_116 9 1,131 12-07-2016, 21:17
Last Post: Ruby
  Molin's musical marble machine artsy 0 233 21-05-2016, 13:34
Last Post: artsy
  Musical Gold JimmyNeutron 9 2,570 29-07-2015, 02:30
Last Post: TheNeedleDrops
  What do think about musical promotion? Ralph N. Norton 0 328 30-01-2015, 06:43
Last Post: Ralph N. Norton
  Musical Degrees JimmyNeutron 2 357 27-07-2014, 05:16
Last Post: JimmyNeutron
  Nun shocks the musical world Amurcomusic 1 864 13-05-2014, 12:52
Last Post: SteveO
  I have specific musical anhedonia ledoyendumidi 2 686 24-04-2014, 15:50
Last Post: SteveO