Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Musical Quote of the Day
Factoid from Mavis Staples...apparently during the civil rights demonstrations in the early 60s,  Bob Dylan and Mavis were quite the item...even contemplated marriage...pretty cool I'd say !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
“There is nothing more to be said or to be done tonight, so hand me over my violin and let us try to forget for half an hour the miserable weather and the still more miserable ways of our fellowmen.”

― Arthur Conan Doyle

The gorgeous “Song to the Moon” arranged for violin (as opposed to voice) – it’s an excerpt from Dvořák’s opera, Rusalka

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

"Sometimes you're the windshield; sometimes you're the bug.”

-Mark Knopfler

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

“Don’t bait your breath. That’s bad for your health.”

-David Gilmour

“I have an aversion to being mislabelled. Here's a label I'd accept: I'm an 'individual.' I'm someone who can't follow, and doesn't want to lead.”

-Joni Mitchell

Some lyrics I like from a master of evocative metaphor, Mr Less-is-more – Jeffrey Foucault

I saw you out there
In the starlight and static
Singing like the spark
On a mile of coiled wire
But you looked so lonely
Like no one was ever lonely
And I wanted to be
Lonely too

"Secretly, I wanted to look like Jimi Hendrix, but I could never quite pull it off."

-Bryan Ferry

Lol! Yeah right!!
The promotional poster for the album, Boys and Girls - featuring His Impeccable Sartorialness.

[Image: Bryan_Ferry_Boys_and_Girls_poster..jpg]

A clip from said album - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIEP8MDKe8A

When it's not always raining there'll be days like this
When there's no one complaining there'll be days like this
When everything falls into place like the flick of a switch
Well my mama told me there'll be days like this

-Van Morrison
, from "Days Like This". There could always be more of 'em!  Cool

“Music is the last true voice of the human spirit. It can go beyond language, beyond age, and beyond colour straight to the mind and heart of all people.”

-Ben Harper

Lifted from the following link - https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/a84...1b7d94293f

"While the tales of backstage excess have cast a long shadow over the reputations of 1970s rock gods like Led Zeppelin, the truth is far more prosaic these days, as Robert Plant explained to Radio 2: "I've never really been one for diva demands. We were always too busy having a good time to get hung up about anything. It's not very rock 'n' roll, but I like to look my best going on stage."

With that in mind, he has taken matters into his own hands, asking for a simple iron and ironing board, so he can flatten his creases before taking to the stage: "I find ironing helps get me in the mood before I perform.

"I've heard Keith Richards and Mick Jagger won't go on stage unless they've had a shepherd's pie. I don't go in for all that nonsense."

Who knew???

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A musical riddle bob_32_116 2 236 20-12-2016, 07:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Meat Loaf on turning Bat Out Of Hell into a musical CRAZY-HORSE 2 410 05-11-2016, 02:55
  What is you favorite Musical? Mikecowell 9 613 05-10-2016, 22:40
  Astonishing musical facts bob_32_116 9 1,132 12-07-2016, 21:17
Last Post: Ruby
  Molin's musical marble machine artsy 0 234 21-05-2016, 13:34
Last Post: artsy
  Musical Gold JimmyNeutron 9 2,571 29-07-2015, 02:30
Last Post: TheNeedleDrops
  What do think about musical promotion? Ralph N. Norton 0 329 30-01-2015, 06:43
Last Post: Ralph N. Norton
  Musical Degrees JimmyNeutron 2 360 27-07-2014, 05:16
Last Post: JimmyNeutron
  Nun shocks the musical world Amurcomusic 1 866 13-05-2014, 12:52
Last Post: SteveO
  I have specific musical anhedonia ledoyendumidi 2 687 24-04-2014, 15:50
Last Post: SteveO