Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
NEW AND NOTABLE: upcoming albums
I am using images from Antelope Canyon in Utah for the final artwork for my first project. Trying different combinations of images. A fascinating place - one I would like to visit. Storm of Hipgnosis fame said it was the one place he thought 'looked like music'.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^It looks a stunningly beautiful place, and I can see how one might relate those formations to music - so fluid, which stands to reason! And all that light and shade.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Vangelis is releasing a new album on 25 January - Nocturne.

It's 11 brand new tracks plus six reworkings of a few of his previous compositions. Solo piano pieces - he continues to be inspired by the night and the night skies, space in general ... https://www.loudersound.com/news/vangeli...hxTtw-GWI4

I wonder if the posting pics of the moon to the website in order to unlock a track is his idea or the PR company's?? Think I'll just wait patiently for the whole thing ... (after this Blush ) ... the first track ...

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Ruby, if you are into solo piano stuff have a listen to this lady's pieces - quite stunning. My favourite track is 'Journey' - can listen to this sort of stuff for hours.

http://www.natalidrosou.com/
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Ruby....

shouldn't your latest post be in a thread called "NEW & NOTABLE upcoming albums 2019" as opposed to where it is????
(feel free to slap me later LOL!)
(23-12-2018, 06:18)Jerome Wrote: Ruby, if you are into solo piano stuff have a listen to this lady's pieces - quite stunning. My favourite track is 'Journey' - can listen to this sort of stuff for hours.

http://www.natalidrosou.com/

Thanks Jerome - I'll listen.
(23-12-2018, 16:23)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: Ruby....

shouldn't your latest post be in a thread called "NEW & NOTABLE upcoming albums 2019" as opposed to where it is????
(feel free to slap me later LOL!)

You’re quite safe CH – I’m not a slapper! Lol!

And you make a good point - however, since this thread is not that heavily subscribed (and I should have thought about overlaps in the first place), I’m solving the problem by removing the year (at least I think I have). Tra la!!

Nope - didn't work. Does anyone else know how to do that??  Confused
^Never mind. Got it.  Smile
Good grief! Legendary bluesman, John Mayall, is about to release a new album, on 22 February. He’s 85 ... apparently never takes a day off, tours all the time and still insists on carting his own gear (despite a recent health scare). 

Album title is Nobody Told Me, and obviously, they didn’t!! 

A must listen to this one as John has Joe Bonamassa aboard !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BIGGEST SELLING ALBUMS OF 2018: CRAZY-HORSE 0 171 09-01-2019, 00:36
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  "best albums of 2018" lists CRAZY-HORSE 16 1,257 05-01-2019, 21:45
Last Post: Music Head
  What are some STUDIO albums that you can truthfully say that you like all the songs o SteveO 190 13,034 12-10-2018, 01:29
Last Post: sjpolyguy
  2017 "best albums" lists CRAZY-HORSE 17 1,582 04-10-2018, 08:16
  New Release albums for 2017: CRAZY-HORSE 73 8,090 12-10-2017, 16:38
  highest selling singles/albums of 2016: CRAZY-HORSE 2 535 31-12-2016, 01:34
  Best Albums Of 2016 Lists Music Head 26 1,743 24-12-2016, 03:26
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 18 2,164 04-11-2016, 17:32
Last Post: Inna Selez
  60 biggest selling albums in the UK....ever! CRAZY-HORSE 3 969 26-09-2016, 15:38
Last Post: Oceansoul
  What to do with old music albums cage 5 728 17-09-2016, 00:12
Last Post: CJ21