Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What do you play?
Please share what instruments you play or played and to what level you achieved?

I used to play the Double Bass, and achieved Grade 5 standard in the UK. I played for many youth orchestras including the London Schools Concert Orchestra.
With Regards...

Anthony :coffee:
Currently I play:
Vocals (it's an instrument!)
Guitar
Piano
Sitar
Irish Tin Whistle
Jazz Sax
Drums on Rock Band.
Any other musicians here?
With Regards...

I play a mean CD-player. Does that count ??
I use my voice as an instrument (I daren't say sing), and I also play piano and a little bass. If you consider programming electronic instruments as playing an instrument... Well, I have that too.
trbc08 Wrote:If you consider programming electronic instruments as playing an instrument... Well, I have that too.

What program you using?
With Regards...

FruityLoops. That's about all that I can afford.
I used to play the double-bass in the NZSO. I no longer play the instrument, but my interest in music keeps on growing! (I'm 64 yoa)
Greetings Baznval.

Do you no longer play due to your age (if that's not an impertinent question !!), or just had enough of playing ?

Your time in the NZSO must have been fascinating, any tales to tell ??

Non-musicians like me are always impressed by experienced creative types like yourself, and Beach (One of the founder members).
I've had enough of playing, so when practising started to become a bit of a tyranny to the extent that life balances started to be unbalanced, I retired. So the physical aspect of playing an instrument is going, but my mental interest in music is getting bigger and bigger. (An interesting transition) Even though I had 40 years in the orchestra, it was fascinating, and I loved it! And yes, I have a LOT of tales to tell! For instance...........................................................................................

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Do You Play? Nick Dilley 22 3,699 19-02-2019, 17:23
Last Post: problemsathome
  Here's Me Trying to Play and Record a Song While Drunk Fuzz 0 825 26-08-2016, 07:04
Last Post: Fuzz
  When I grow up I want to play??? ambernector 28 7,721 19-03-2015, 05:07
Last Post: jazzboCR
  First song you learnt to play? dominic_john 46 9,896 01-04-2013, 10:07
Last Post: rkumarveomit