Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ALBUM: Sting & Shaggy "44.876"
thanks for giving it a listen Ruby....
I think that once again you articulated the album perfectly....not to be taken to seriously. maybe Sting's fans are a pretentious, self absorbed bunch just like him, LOL, I don't know, I'm just guessing....

I haven't heard the Ranking Roger collaboration but I know of his work with The Beat, Special Beat and Big Audio Dynamite, a superb ska artist in his own right IMO....
debuts at #9 on the UK charts this week and a lowly #38 in Australia,

UK chart placing is what I would have expected for both countries...
(22-04-2018, 19:30)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: thanks for giving it  a listen Ruby....
I think that once again you articulated the album perfectly....not to be taken to seriously. maybe Sting's fans are a pretentious, self absorbed bunch just like him, LOL, I don't know, I'm just guessing....

I haven't heard the Ranking Roger collaboration but I know of his work with The Beat,  Special Beat and Big Audio Dynamite, a superb ska artist in his own right IMO....

I saw them doing "Bed's too Big Without You" on The White Room - probably an exaggeration to say collaboration, sorry! Not sure if they did anything else tbh.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgaG_Y9F3Jk
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
a watched the clip Ruby...that was one of my favourite Police tracks back in the day, sadly though, I wasn't impressed with the latest incarnation of it...

The White Room...I used to watch the show religiously back in the early 2000's, was almost as impressive as Jools Holland IMO
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #40

courtesy of Spotify

was not familiar with Shaggy at all
I've heard of Sting
nice album

live gig of the single
which I don't much care for

i have one of Shaggy's albums, "hot shot" from the late 1990s...

I'm sure if you heard his singles you would remember them...

try Boombastic, Angel, It Wasn't Me, Oh Carolina, youll remember them I'm sure
^ Thanks to Crazy mate and Ruby ! I love upbeat happy albums ! This will fit the bill nicely !

I still listen to the Specials album for a great good feeling listen !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Tom Morello "the atlas underground" CRAZY-HORSE 0 66 12-10-2018, 09:49
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: The Story So Far - Proper Dose Music Head 0 31 07-10-2018, 12:24
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Peter Bibby "grand champion" CRAZY-HORSE 0 91 05-10-2018, 04:44
  NEW ALBUM: Alkaline Trio - Is This Thing Cursed? Music Head 1 128 18-09-2018, 12:42
  NEW ALBUM: Tash Sultana - Flow State Music Head 2 151 17-09-2018, 08:28
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Interpol - Marauder Music Head 0 87 08-09-2018, 12:14
  NEW ALBUM: Mitski - Be The Cowboy Music Head 1 171 04-09-2018, 10:12
  NEW ALBUM: Blue October - I Hope You're Happy Music Head 1 104 02-09-2018, 12:45
  NEW ALBUM: Ninja Sex Party - Cool Patrol Music Head 0 57 01-09-2018, 11:52
  NEW ALBUM: Death Cab For Cutie - Thank You For Today Music Head 0 68 31-08-2018, 12:27