NEW ALBUM: Godsmack - When Legends Rise
enters the Billboard Top 200 Albums chart this week at #8

courtesy of Spotify

[Image: 220px-GodsmackWhenlegendsrise.jpg]

from Massachusetts
7th album
metal of the listenable kind

single

I listened to the linked track...I didn't like it, but at least the Scrowlers weren't there!
Even as a fan of Godsmack, I'm somewhat let down with this album, leaving me with an impression that a lot of it's songs are following a trend in hard rock/metal music right now that I just don't find appealing. Repetitive and predictable hooks, uncreative guitar riffs, and what I found most disappointing was that it didn't have that classic Godsmack 'feel' in the vocals, riffs, and tone that I found many of their previous albums up to The Oracle had. Their 'Godsmack', 'Faceless', and 'Oracle' albums all had sort of a dark and cryptic feel to it that just wasn't there for me in this album. Just my opinion though, still haven't fully listened to it in it's entirety.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything."  -- Plato
^ You are right on the money QMobs ! Same old boring crap with that stupid worn out vocal that several so called metal bands sound like ! I believe that metal bands are trying now to become more accessable in order to obtain commercial success.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Thumbs Up 
(14-05-2018, 03:32)SteveO Wrote: ^ You are right on the money QMobs ! Same old boring crap with that stupid worn out vocal that several so called metal bands sound like ! I believe that metal bands are trying now to become more accessable in order to obtain commercial suc
Agree completely, it's all-together a genre that's becoming far too commercial and it's sad to see that Godsmack is hopping on the that mainstream bandwagon.
"Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything."  -- Plato

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Breaking Benjamin - Ember Music Head 1 30 26-04-2018, 16:14
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Underoath - Erase Me Music Head 1 32 23-04-2018, 12:40
  NEW ALBUM: Watain "trident wolf eclipse" CRAZY-HORSE 2 141 10-04-2018, 04:13
Last Post: MythsOfMetal
  NEW ALBUM: Blessthefall - Hard Feelings Music Head 0 42 08-04-2018, 12:02
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Stone Sour - Hydrograd Music Head 2 569 04-04-2018, 08:32
  NEW ALBUM: Between The Buried And Me - Automata I Music Head 1 61 27-03-2018, 18:32
Last Post: SteveO
  NEW ALBUM: Three Days Grace - Outsider Music Head 0 74 26-03-2018, 11:52
  NEW ALBUM: Judas Priest - Firepower Music Head 1 94 23-03-2018, 20:47
  NEW ALBUM: Slaves - Beautiful Death Music Head 0 138 06-03-2018, 13:36
  NEW ALBUM: Pop Evil - Pop Evil Music Head 0 114 03-03-2018, 13:22