Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Facebook
(16-07-2018, 11:57)Jerome Wrote: Hey MH, you should turn that 'FU FB' into a T-shirt or bumper sticker. You'll make a million - good one! It's like the old days here on MD.

As for TV (regular channels) - I just don't bother anymore. I have quite a few boxset DVD's that I watch over and over - 'Frasier' being a particular favourite, along with Cheers and Allo, Allo as well. Sometimes Netflix streamed from the phone but never regular television. Endless Dr Phil crap and mindless cookery programs. And don't get me started on crap like 'Britain's Got Talent' - it might have but you sure as hell won't see it on this program! And at the bottom of the barrel there's Love Island.....self-absorbed twenty-something's only intent on getting laid and paid. It's only one step below prostitution.

I watch Netflix at the moment, lots of movies, tv series...

not sure if youll like the black humour in it or not Jerome but "the end of the f##king world" is a good series, MH recommended it to me, loved it!...

also, I generally stick to the documentary channels...and I cant get enough of David Attenborough shows.
Be careful of those wireless/bluetooth/mobile phone connections as well. Can cause havoc with your PC. Will have a look at the series you mentioned CH although I can't say when. Busy working on some new material at the moment so the head is somewhere else.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Article on the radio this morning about a documentary screened last night re Facebook. An undercover guy got into their offices in Dublin only to find that they ignored requests to remove offensive material (child abuse videos etc.). When quizzed the FB employee stated that they could not remove the material because this type of stuff generated views and therefore revenue for the company so they were instructed to leave posts up!!! As MH said - FU FB.
(18-07-2018, 08:59)Jerome Wrote: Article on the radio this morning about a documentary screened last night re Facebook. An undercover guy got into their offices in Dublin only to find that they ignored requests to remove offensive material (child abuse videos etc.). When quizzed the FB employee stated that they could not remove the material because this type of stuff generated views and therefore revenue for the company so they were instructed to leave posts up!!! As MH said - FU FB.
having trouble with this one J
sounds like some anti FB propaganda
would love to see the doc
no way this is company policy
the "instructor" would be history
FB has been under tremendous pressure here from congress 
because of all the Russia crap
government regulation is on the way
meantime I think Zuckerberg will try to fend that off with vengeance

I think Zuckerberg is in for a huge fall from grace when all our countries legislate laws to restrict FB's influence etc...
It's all over the Irish newspapers. Check out the Irish Independent or the Irish Times.

Here's a link as well https://www.msn.com/en-ie/money/technolo...spartandhp
We are blindly feeding algorithmic monsters and they’re taking on a life of their own … worth a watch if you have twenty minutes to spare (after which YouTube will decide, by means of its proprietary algorithms, what you would most like to see next! Sick ) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTWM7HV2UI
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
thanks for the link J

(20-07-2018, 09:16)Ruby Wrote: We are blindly feeding algorithmic monsters and they’re taking on a life of their own … worth a watch if you have twenty minutes to spare (after which YouTube will decide, by means of its proprietary algorithms, what you would most like to see next! Sick ) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTWM7HV2UI

only a few people in the world I would watch a 20 minute video for

thanks Ruby
very informative

I continue to believe I am not susceptible to the internet's bs

(20-07-2018, 11:47)Music Head Wrote:
(20-07-2018, 09:16)Ruby Wrote: We are blindly feeding algorithmic monsters and they’re taking on a life of their own … worth a watch if you have twenty minutes to spare (after which YouTube will decide, by means of its proprietary algorithms, what you would most like to see next! Sick ) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFTWM7HV2UI

only a few people in the world I would watch a 20 minute video for

thanks Ruby
very informative

I continue to believe I am not susceptible to the internet's bs

I found it so. You're welcome MH.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Facebook crashes CRAZY-HORSE 7 567 20-06-2014, 00:08
Last Post: ZeusMoose
  Are you a facebook user survey techman 6 871 17-03-2011, 15:19
Last Post: ken138888
  MD is now on Facebook! Thraak 8 2,034 17-03-2011, 15:18
Last Post: ken138888
  Myspace and Facebook link exchanges techman 0 1,087 25-02-2009, 12:58
Last Post: techman