Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ALBUM: Paul Weller "true meanings"
[Image: 91QSr5hEP7L._AC_UL320_.jpg]

PAUL WELLER "true meanings"

Spotify (and cd) listen:

fourteenth solo set, twenty sixth overall...
folky, pastoral, rootsy...
acoustic guitars, paino and orchestrations/strings...
a move back into familiar musical territory after several experimental albums...
songs of love, peace, contentment....
he's a satisfied man easing gracefully into his 60s....
not a classic Weller album by any means but probably the loveliest album he has ever made...
its sweet, yet edgy at the same time...
theres a couple of songs I don't like, but theres plenty of good stuff for my liking...

already posted the singles on the forum, heres my favourite track off it:

^Hope to get around to listening to this, which may just happen today since I seem to be getting a stable connection, for a change!
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^Finally managed to hear this album – I agree with you completely CH – I found it quite enchanting (which is probably not a word often associated with Paul Weller! Lol!). There’s almost an olde worlde feeling about it – for some reason it conjured up images of “A Midsummer Night’s Dream” for me – a little bit of magic and mischief. Interesting instruments – Rod Argent on Hammond on your fav. He’s so comfortable and these songs are beautifully measured. I love it. Going on the Wishlist for sure.  Smile
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
A Mid Summers Night Dream...perfect description Ruby (can always rely on you to get the right words when they fail me!)
^Lol - I'm pleased you think so. I often have serious doubts about these strange associations that pop up in my head!!
debuted at #2 on the UK charts this week
debuted at #35 in Australia this week

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Mark Knopfler "down the road wherever" CRAZY-HORSE 3 21 1 hour ago
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Andrea Bocelli - Si Music Head 2 47 08-11-2018, 14:28
  NEW ALBUM: Tom Odell "Jubilee Road" CRAZY-HORSE 1 56 31-10-2018, 17:15
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Elvis Costello & The Imposters "look now" CRAZY-HORSE 7 108 29-10-2018, 15:39
  NEW ALBUM: Aaron Parks - Aaron Parks Little Big Ruby 0 44 23-10-2018, 14:00
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Eric Clapton "happy xmas" CRAZY-HORSE 0 52 11-10-2018, 16:47
  NEW ALBUM: Josh Groban - Bridges Music Head 0 69 04-10-2018, 12:16
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Willie Nelson "my way" CRAZY-HORSE 1 104 01-10-2018, 12:39
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Tony Bennett & Diana Krall - Love Is Here To Stay Music Head 1 96 28-09-2018, 20:00
  NEW ALBUM: Lauren Daigle - Look Up Child Music Head 1 112 21-09-2018, 10:25