Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost Stories and Haunted Places
My Grandad told me about the old woman who lived across the street from him in the woods.
People said she was a witch. He went hunting over there one day. He saw a rabbit.
Looked through the scope of his rifle and saw the old woman. When he lowered the rifle to see her
she had turned back into a rabbit and hopped away. That was his story. He always stood by it.

Lovely Linda Wrote:The reason I asked is because in The Conjuring Ed said three knocks was meant to be a insult to the Trinity.
I was just wondering if that is how many knocks there were.

I didn't know that, pretty sure it was more than two times though. The house is so...active and the house makes me feel like I'm smothering and when I say that word I mean it feels like someone's hand is around my throat and I have to leave the house to get some fresh air. Not 100% sure if it could be a hostile presence, but my ex thinks it is and so do some of his family members. They all notice the stuff going on, the owner of the house said previous families were scared off because of weird noises, footsteps, objects falling, etc.

They should hire a paranormal team to investigate the house and I would recommend them to check to make sure they don't have any mold problems there too, haha.
No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela
Lovely Linda Wrote:My Grandad told me about the old woman who lived across the street from him in the woods.
People said she was a witch. He went hunting over there one day. He saw a rabbit.
Looked through the scope of his rifle and saw the old woman. When he lowered the rifle to see her
she had turned back into a rabbit and hopped away. That was his story. He always stood by it.

Interesting. So this old woman was some kind of spirit to him? And apparently, a shapeshifter? O.o
No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela
I really don't know. All I know is what he said. I have never seen anything like that.
He stood by his story which is hard to believe but I guess anything is possible.

I hope Cathy does not mind but I told her about the first Conjuring when it came on TV.
After the program she immediately called me and said Don't You Ever Tell Me To Watch A Movie Again!
She said she was seeing images in all the mirrors.
She also said she went out in her gameroom and a roll of paper towels flew off of a shelf across the room.
When I told her it was on again and I was going to watch it, she said you go right ahead.

Lovely Linda Wrote:I really don't know. All I know is what he said. I have never seen anything like that.
He stood by his story which is hard to believe but I guess anything is possible.

I hope Cathy does not mind but I told her about the first Conjuring when it came on TV.
After the program she immediately called me and said Don't You Ever Tell Me To Watch A Movie Again!
She said she was seeing images in all the mirrors.
She also said she went out in her gameroom and a roll of paper towels flew off of a shelf across the room.
When I told her it was on again and I was going to watch it, she said you go right ahead.

Yeah, I know it's just his personal experience. So, just saying it's interesting. Regarding your sister's story, wow, that's scary.
I don't know what to make of this happening but it was years ago.
I have weird dreams sometimes.
I dreamed about my grandma one night. I was at her funeral. I put my hand
on the edge of her coffin and she reached up and put a scratch on my hand.
Well, the next day I had completely forgotten about the dream. I was working
and I happened to look down at my hand and there was a small scratch exactly
where she scratched me in the dream. I then remembered my dream. Mths. it seemed before the scratch was gone
which was weird because it was so small.

Lovely Linda Wrote:I don't know what to make of this happening but it was years ago.
I have weird dreams sometimes.
I dreamed about my grandma one night. I was at her funeral. I put my hand
on the edge of her coffin and she reached up and put a scratch on my hand.
Well, the next day I had completely forgotten about the dream. I was working
and I happened to look down at my hand and there was a small scratch exactly
where she scratched me in the dream. I then remembered my dream. Mths. it seemed before the scratch was gone
which was weird because it was so small.

I've seen my Grandma in some of my dreams on occasion, but none of them are like your dream. Yeah dreams can be weird, mine can be pretty psychedelic.
ok, another bedtime story about things that go bump in the night....

I left the UK for Australia when I was nine,
I was the only nephew of my Uncle Jack, he really idolised me as all he had apart from me was about a dozen nieces...

anyway, about twenty five years ago I was awoken in the middle of the night (3 am-ish) with the sound of banging/knocking...
I got up and went outside to check the gates, they were locked and there was no wind, it was a still night...
when I locked the external door I went out of I heard three knocks again, so I went outside and double checked the
gates and the cars...nothing!
I went back in, locked up, turned off the lights and proceded to go back to the bedroom.
on the way through the lounge I swear I saw my Uncle leaning against the loungeroom wall with the other hand on his hip
looking in my direction, I did a double take, re looked and he was gone...
I thought it was strange because I hadn't thought of him in a while and he was still alive so thought nothing of it,
then about 6am I received a call from my mum saying my Uncle had died in the UK barely three hours earlier,
I told them what happened with the repetitive three knocks and the way I saw him standing there against the wall,
she said I best talk to my dad and tell him what I told her...
after I told my dad what had happened he said he was woken up by repetitive groups of three knocks also around the same time I was (3am)
and nothing was amiss etc etc...
he also said I was always my Uncle's favourite and yes, he did used to stand like that and lean against walls when waiting for something
or someone....
now my Dad who is generally a non-believer in such things actually said"when he used to knock on doors he had a distinctive 'three knock pattern' and "he was probably coming to say goodbye to me"...!

a couple of days passed by and I called my Aunt in the UK to get an address in which to send flowers to the funeral and she told me that
the last thing he said was "say goodbye to my nephew for me will you"

I guess that on his way to wherever he was destined to go that he did stop by to make sure I was okay and to say goodbye.
Good story Confusedmile: My Mom told me a story about when she and my Dad were still together before I was born, just them and my two older brothers, anyway they moved into this old house somewhere on the Oklahoma/Arkansas border. My Mom said initially the house seemed fine until they moved in then things got weird, she would feel uncomfortable there, she felt a negative presence inside the house, and when she would try to fall asleep, she said it felt like someone was holding her down and pressing on her chest to the point of feeling suffocated so she couldn't sleep.

Now much like your Father, my Dad is not a believer in anything there isn't enough evidence for which includes paranormal stuff, however, one night my Mom finally asked my Dad if he noticed anything weird going on and he said yes actually then he mentioned feeling pressure on his chest too same as my mom.

If my Dad is concerned that is saying something so they decided to move since it didn't feel safe for my brothers and them to live in that house, they lived in that house for only two weeks. My Mom did some historical research on the house and the land it is on has a tree in the yard which was apparently used for lynching (a sundown town) at one point. Chilling.
good job hey moved out before things got really weird/scary and dangerous.

my dad has to "see it with his own eyes" in order to believe, I think he thought about it after what happened with my last story...both hearing the same knocks at the same time and the person who made those knocks (my uncle) had at almost that exact moment died.

i'd say my dad is still not a believer but he is now open to the possibilities of things existing that he hasn't seen, but he never talks about it, keeps his cards close to his chest so to speak.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Stories Lovely Linda 12 1,339 26-04-2017, 02:43
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Weird News, Stories, Thoughts, ect. InstantNoodles 29 2,104 23-12-2016, 10:52
Last Post: Oceansoul
  How many different places can you take the same song?--a case study jazzboCR 6 1,198 30-06-2015, 09:40
Last Post: Jerome
  Got Wi-Fi dead zones? Those Sonos speakers not work some places? jazzboCR 0 338 26-02-2015, 00:55
Last Post: jazzboCR
  Best places to download music? ambernector 33 8,009 04-03-2011, 06:47
Last Post: fresk
  Places to submit articles Latonya 1 1,021 14-01-2009, 12:36
Last Post: techman