Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are Your Personal Pet Peeves?
For your trivia knowledge:

The first single to use auto tune was "believe" by Cher.....

Unfortunately, most singers nowadays use auto tune to some degree on their recordings.
If I hear it in songs I switch off immediately to that artist if they use it constantly but it appears to be an almost essential tool of the recording process nowadays...

I saw a short documentary about auto tune several years ago which showed just how much it can alter someone's vocals in a song.
The documentary host, whose name I cant remember used himself as the test subject and BTW, he couldn't even hold a basic tune on his own, the addition of auto tune gave him a full five octaves range similar to early Meatloaf which proves to me that music is totally deceptive in disguising someone's true singing capabilities.
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:For your trivia knowledge:

The first single to use auto tune was "believe" by Cher.....

Unfortunately, most singers nowadays use auto tune to some degree on their recordings.
If I hear it in songs I switch off immediately to that artist if they use it constantly but it appears to be an almost essential tool of the recording process nowadays...

I saw a short documentary about auto tune several years ago which showed just how much it can alter someone's vocals in a song.
The documentary host, whose name I cant remember used himself as the test subject and BTW, he couldn't even hold a basic tune on his own, the addition of auto tune gave him a full five octaves range similar to early Meatloaf which proves to me that music is totally deceptive in disguising someone's true singing capabilities.

Yeah, I already knew that about Cher. Autotune can also make different singers sound similar which is another problem with it since it can make their voices indistinguishable from each other if autotune is overused.
No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela
Reverse Robin Hood (or more accurately Robber Baron) politicians who like to tax the poor, the middle class, and the lower middle class to oblivion because they can get away with it and with the right smug smiles can convince some gullible minds that it's for their own benefit. Oh yeah.
No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela
Here's a peeve about Robin Hood after you mentioned him...

I did some schooling in the UK before immigrating to Australia and we were taught in England that Robin Hood didn't as many believe, "rob the rich and give to the poor", he was the UK equivelant of a highwayman or stagecoach robber....
He infact "robbed the rich and gave to himself", no wonder his men were merry!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:Here's a peeve about Robin Hood after you mentioned him...

I did some schooling in the UK before immigrating to Australia and we were taught in England that Robin Hood didn't as many believe, "rob the rich and give to the poor", he was the UK equivelant of a highwayman or stagecoach robber....
He infact "robbed the rich and gave to himself", no wonder his men were merry!

That is interesting. Perhaps I should've said Robber Barons instead, but I still stand by the point of my post.
He doesn't sound like a great person.
No no no, I get what you were saying, its just that Robin wasn't what people think he was...

Likewise, I was always taught that Custer was a great soldier, but its only when you read historical facts that he was a ruthless butcher of women and children.
I also remember as a child being taught that at his final battle that the Sioux killed him but didnt scalp him because they admired him for his fighting spirit, then when I got older I read a book that his body was basically non existent when he was found because the Sioux hated him so much because he killed women and children that they disemboweled him and cut him into several pieces, such was their disdain for him, the book also said even the cavalry in general hated his over the top tactics and he wasn't liked on the whole...

That's just another case of history not being what it used to be once facts get in the way of a good heroic story...
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:No no no, I get what you were saying, its just that Robin wasn't what people think he was...

Likewise, I was always taught that Custer was a great soldier, but its only when you read historical facts that he was a ruthless butcher of women and children.
I also remember as a child being taught that at his final battle that the Sioux killed him but didnt scalp him because they admired him for his fighting spirit, then when I got older I read a book that his body was basically non existent when he was found because the Sioux hated him so much because he killed women and children that they disemboweled him and cut him into several pieces, such was their disdain for him, the book also said even the cavalry in general hated his over the top tactics and he wasn't liked on the whole...

That's just another case of history not being what it used to be once facts get in the way of a good heroic story...

Nah, I get what you mean since a historical person's background can become exaggerated, changed, etc over time or people might hear a different story from the original one and it spawns a life of it's own. It happens.

I've never thought highly of Custer, I always associate him with the slaughter of the Cheyenne (where he killed many women and children) and the Sioux he came into contact with. That is a part of my country's history that I find stomach turning and awful.
I totally am annoyed when I see or hear about children and animals being abused.
That commercial on TV about abused animals, I have to cut the sound off and turn my head everytime it comes on.
I wish they would quit showing the thing!
I am a animal lover and have tried to care for them all my life. I have had all types of animals.
It breaks my heart to see them mistreated!

Another thing that really annoys me is such as tonight on the news.
When supporters of parties are asked specific questions, they go off the wall
and start talking about something else such as attacking their opposition.
I'm sitting here saying to myself you are not answering the question.
That gets on my nerves.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Peeves Jerome 39 3,295 27-04-2014, 12:59
Last Post: SteveO