Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Are Your Personal Pet Peeves?
^^ Yep, it's not good for my blood pressure :tongue: Luckily, it'll be over soon.

Another pet peeve, Pop-Up Ads. Look, I understand why ads are necessary for a website since it helps them, but it's annoying to be on a page and be redirected away from it to some random page trying to give me a prize or a funky website that might have malware. If you don't want people using Adblock then consider using less intrusive ads and better content.
Just saying, you can have ads which help pay for your website and still not be pushed down my throat.

No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela
Whoever came up with the saying "Sticks and stones might break my bones, but words will never hurt me" is soooooooo wrong on so many levels that it's not even funny. Yes, words can hurt you and you can feel the sting many years afterwards. Imagine if your own mother said she hates you to your face, that stuff can hit real deep.

Yes, what you say matters and how you treat people does too. It's called mindfulness and not everyone develops it. You can learn to not let what others say hurt you as much or dismiss what haters say, it's just not easy.
No one is born hating another person because of his skin color, his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate. ~Nelson Mandela
I love you Oceansoul

so we nominated Ruby for President...

we now have our VP candidate in Oceansoul!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:so we nominated Ruby for President...

we now have our VP candidate in Oceansoul!

Hahaha, I'm honored. :tongue:
When the news has the Donald everywhere, give me a break. I watch the news when something is relevant to the election, a debate, or another event happens otherwise I won't watch it. I get high blood pressure if I do and frankly I think it's best to give him little of my attention hence why I've been keeping some distance since the Presidential nominees were determined. I plan on voting, but it's out of protest more than anything.

Unless I have a good reason to other than staying informed then I won't feed into the media craze over him nor his ego. I've done enough of that already and considering he says or does something worse with the more attention he gets, hmm it almost seems to be a part of the reason he does it.

So yeah, I'm over it and no, I'm not that shocked anymore because he is predictable.

/Rant over
Well, have to stop on this one since it has turned into Politics.
I'm in the minority anyway.

Lovely Linda Wrote:Well, have to stop on this one since it has turned into Politics.
I'm in the minority anyway.

Nope, I'm not turning this into a politics thread. This is a pet peeves thread which is pretty broad in the scope of things it can include and that is one for me and has been for a while now. You can ignore the posts of mine that you do not like btw and considering we have different views on Trump, most of our debating/arguing about him is futile anyway since I don't see either changing tbh.

Pigs will probably grow wings and fly before mine ever changes at this point haha.

I'm going to read your posts even if I don't reply.
Smarter than I am. I had to look up what futile meant :laugh:

I posted awhile ago but Matthew shut down my PC.

My pet peeve right now is Matthew!! I'm sick of this storm!!

Lovely Linda Wrote:I'm going to read your posts even if I don't reply.
Smarter than I am. I had to look up what futile meant :laugh:

I posted awhile ago but Matthew shut down my PC.

My pet peeve right now is Matthew!! I'm sick of this storm!!

Heh, I wouldn't say I'm smarter. I do like reading a lot including the dictionary and encyclopedia.

Yeah, I don't blame you for hating Matthew. That storm has been a deadly and destructive one.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pet Peeves Jerome 39 3,299 27-04-2014, 12:59
Last Post: SteveO