Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
listens to everything
According to others I listen to everything. Not quite true of course but I do not really limit myself to a few styles or genres. 

Among the things I have listened to a lot you will find Basic Channel, DJ Shadow, Kraftwerk, jiri.ceiver, Mariah Carey, The Yazoo, Aphex Twin, Eddie Meduza, and Ludwig van Beethoven. 

Recent additions to my favorites are How To Disappear Completely, FM-84 and The York Waits. 

Thanks for the quick activation!
^I listen to a fairly diverse selection of music too. Far from everything though!

Welcome to the forum.  Smile
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
some varied styles there...
Welcome to MD
Thanks for the welcome! 

I omitted Tangerine Dream, Black Sabbath, The Sisters Of Mercy, Santana, ZZ Top, Erykah Badu, Vangelis, Orbital, Biosphere, Ingebjörg Bratland and Odd Nordstuga, Giorgio Moroder, The KLF, Koto, Proxyon, Hipnosis

What do you listen to?
I'm a bit more old style ...I start at Robert Johnston....pass the Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran , Miles Davis ,Dave Brubeck and Frank Sinatra ..Pass through The Beatles The Stones , The Who ,The Nice......go on To Genesis , ELP, Led Zeppelin,Focus, Gryphon, Clifford T.Ward, Tangerine Dream Asia , Yes ,Deep Purple, Camel and go on to The Art of Noise, Paul Young, Talk Talk , and on....and that is only a few of the stations my musical train passes on its journey .....
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Music 
(27-07-2019, 17:45)gryphon Wrote: I'm a bit more old style ...I start at Robert Johnston....pass the Chuck Berry, Eddie Cochran , Miles Davis ,Dave Brubeck and Frank Sinatra ..Pass through The Beatles The Stones , The Who ,The Nice......go on To Genesis , ELP, Led Zeppelin,Focus, Gryphon, Clifford T.Ward, Tangerine Dream Asia , Yes ,Deep Purple, Camel  and go on to The Art of Noise, Paul Young, Talk Talk , and on....and that is only a few of the stations my musical train passes on its journey .....

I had a jazz period and I still enjoy jazz on occasion. I also remember seeing a documentary about Led Zeppelin that made me interested, but where circumstances around the time prior to the split up didn't seem to get the in depth treating they probably deserve. Phil Collins did a part in an episode (or two?) of Miami Vice if I remember correctly, and the music of Genesis was also a part of some odd comedy show featuring hand held puppets of Ronald Reagan and his wife. Or was it just a music video. Hm... The hard harmonies of "Land of Confusion" along with Phil's great vocals made a strong impression on me: 

Someone didn't like the Ronald back then apparently. What was Genesis's reason for making that music video? The ending is very malicious. I suppose it is a drift with Reagan's dementia.
Welcome to the Great MD, swex ! I also listen to all types of music ! However my predominate fascination is still with The Beatles !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
(31-07-2019, 15:20)SteveO Wrote: Welcome to the Great MD, swex ! I also listen to all types of music ! However my predominate fascination is still with The Beatles !

What's the best thing about MD?
if you read threads both new and old you will decide for yourself what you like about MD