Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange forum behavior
(19-10-2019, 06:35)Dissily Mordentroge Wrote: It’s happening again and at unpredictabel times. Not having the same peculiar problems on any other site. It appears to be Linux. Given I don’t have any of my Macs running on Linux I can only assume Music Discussion’s server does. All very weird.

Below is just one instance of this behaviour which for reasons I can’t figure only happens intermittently and at random on a number of browsers. Can’t see any predictable pattern in what might trigger these events though. Also attemps to respond to a specific post SOMETIMES takes me back to the very first post in a thread.

I don’t know why you are getting reams of code Dissily, perhaps a technical person can look at your setup. In the meantime, please don’t copy the code to the board. I’m removing it again.
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
(19-10-2019, 09:39)Ruby Wrote:
(19-10-2019, 06:35)Dissily Mordentroge Wrote: It’s happening again and at unpredictabel times. Not having the same peculiar problems on any other site. It appears to be Linux. Given I don’t have any of my Macs running on Linux I can only assume Music Discussion’s server does. All very weird.

Below is just one instance of this behaviour which for reasons I can’t figure only happens intermittently and at random on a number of browsers. Can’t see any predictable pattern in what might trigger these events though. Also attemps to respond to a specific post SOMETIMES takes me back to the very first post in a thread.

I don’t know why you are getting reams of code Dissily, perhaps a technical person can look at your setup. In the meantime, please don’t copy the code to the board. I’m removing it again.

I’m interested as to why you consider it a bad idea to copy that code to the board.

I should perhaps get a technicial person to look at my setup? Maybe, if I can be so impolite,  I can suggest you do the same with yours?
The Human Race is Insane.
(19-10-2019, 09:46)Dissily Mordentroge Wrote:

I’m interested as to why you consider it a bad idea to copy that code to the board.

I should perhaps get a technicial person to look at my setup? Maybe, if I can be so impolite,  I can suggest you do the same with yours?

Often now when I post a reply it vanishes and I’m taken back to the very beginning of the thread. I’m about to give up.
The Human Race is Insane.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This forum has been hacked with a redirect hack. Rolas 5 765 21-12-2016, 17:36
Last Post: Rolas
  Nice Forum Ya Got Here! Fuzz 10 1,885 10-09-2016, 04:00
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Hello Everyone :) I got a question about you and this forum. Unstoppable 1 505 25-10-2015, 22:17
Last Post: Music Head
  new to forum, came to share andreas-mahara 1 775 30-09-2015, 20:35
Last Post: JJ24
  New to this Forum Kirov 1 449 06-07-2015, 21:41
Last Post: Thraak
  Hey Everyone! New to the forum... TheNeedleDrops 1 462 26-05-2015, 15:00
Last Post: Thraak
  Hi! New to this forum Lorenzo Petrachi 0 355 05-04-2015, 21:53
Last Post: Lorenzo Petrachi
  Hello am new to this forum MusicLover123 2 630 04-04-2015, 19:36
Last Post: MusicLover123
  Hello! My first thread on this forum! Zumbi 6 657 16-03-2014, 20:38