Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Music Charts for 2017
UK song/singles charts in UK for week ending 27th January:

[Image: ed-sheeran-number-1-award-shape-of-you-1...&width=796]

Ed Sheeran dominates the Official Singles Chart for a third week at Number 1 with Shape Of You, while Castle On The Hill holds at 2.Shape Of You logged impressive sales to keep its place at the top, split between 56,000 downloads and 9.57 million streams. Meanwhile, Castle on the Hill managed 46,000 downloads and was streamed 6.6 million times.

[h=4]New entries and high climbers[/h]Following the unveiling of Little Mix’s Touch music video last week, the song climbs two places to return to the Top 5 at Number 4, and last week’s highest new entry Paris by The Chainsmokers ascends three spots today to Number 7.
Outside the Top 10, Sean Paul’s No Lie ft. Dua Lipa hits a new peak at Number 11, leaping ten places since last week, while Dua’s Be The One makes its Top 40 debut at 21, up a massive 33 places. The track was originally released in October 2015 but has recently been pushed again with a new music video.

This week’s highest new entry goes to Tinie Tempah, whose latest track Text From Your Ex starts at Number 35 on the Official Chart. The track, which will appear on his upcoming album Youth, marks Tinie’s 23rd Top 40 hit.
Finally, Snakehips return to the Top 40 at 40 with Don't Leave ft. MO, up 11 places from last week. The duo's latest single has so far peaked at 33.

UK songs chart that counts sales figures plus those of Streaming sites: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/ #1 Ed Sheeran

UK songs chart that only counts sales (digital, cd and vinyl) figures: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/sin...les-chart/ #1 Ed Sheeran

UK singles chart that only counts actual physical sales (cd/vinyl): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/phy...les-chart/ #1 Rag 'n' Bone Man

UK singles chart that only counts the sales of vinyl singles: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vin...les-chart/ #1 1975
UK albums chart for week ending 27th January:

[Image: pete-tong-2.jpg&width=796]

Congratulations to Pete Tong, who today earns his first Number 1 on the Official Albums Chart with his latest collection Classic House.The album, which reworks Ibiza classics including Faithless’ Insomnia with the Heritage Orchestra and conductor Jules Buckley, debuted at Number 16 nine weeks ago but has continued to climb the chart following a string of TV appearances and UK tour.

The legendary DJ has been regular fixture on the Official Compilations Chart throughout his illustrious career, but Classic House marks his first appearance on the Official Albums Chart.

Speaking to OfficialCharts.com about the album’s success, he said: "This project has been such a thrill from the moment we stepped on stage at The Royal Albert Hall. Congratulations and deep thanks to the whole team "Classics". I'm very proud to see these legendary dance tunes at Number 1!"
This week's sales also sees Tong’s Classic House surpass Bradley Walsh's Chasing Dreams as the biggest selling debut record released in 2016.
Less than 3,000 copies shy of Pete Tong is the La La Land soundtrack, which rises one place to Number 2. Little Mix's Glory Days enjoys a 10th week inside the Top 5 at Number 3, ahead of Mike Oldfield's 11th Top 10 release Return to Ommadawn, new at Number 4.
[h=4]New entries and high climbers[/h]Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes score their first Top 10 album with sophomore offering Modern Ruin at Number 7, while Loyle Carner's debut album Yesterday's Gone bows at Number 14.
James Arthur's Back from the Edge rebounds seven places to Number 15 following his performance at the National Television Awards, while Amy Winehouse's Back to Black returns to the Top 40, up 14 positions to Number 28.
Finally, the critically acclaimed Run the Jewels 3 from Run the Jewels rockets 140 spots to 38 following its release on physical formats.

UK albums chart that includes ALL sales figures plus Streaming: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/ #1 Peter Tong/Heritage Or/Buckley

UK albums chart that only counts actual sales (digital/cd/vinyl): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/alb...les-chart/ #1 Peter Tong/Heritage Or/Buckley

UK albums chart that counts the sales of physical albums (cd/vinyl): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/phy...ums-chart/ #1 Peter Tong/Heritage Or/Buckley

UK albums chart that only counts the sale of vinyl albums: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vin...ums-chart/ #1 Frank Carter/The Rattlesnakes
Australian music charts for week ending 28th January:

singles:
Ed Sheeran holds #1 and #2 on the ARIA Singles Chart for the third straight week with ‘Shape Of You’ and ‘Castle On The Hill’, respectively.
A move of two spots to #4 for ‘Paris’ in its second week gives The Chainsmokers their fifth top five on the ARIA Singles Chart.
After cracking the top ten for the first time last week, Pnau’s ‘Chameleon’ is up a further three spots to #7.
In its third week in the top 50, Amy Shark’s ‘Adore’ jumps up 29 to claim a new peak at #13. The track was #2 in this year’s Triple J Hottest 100.
After debuting at #27 last week, Alessia Cara’s ‘How Far I’ll Go’ climbs 12 spots to #15. It’s two spots above her previous single, ‘Scars To Your Beautiful’, which has moved up three spots this week to #20.
New peaks also come this week for Sage The Gemini’s ‘Now And Later’ (#23), Milky Chance’s ‘Cocoon’ (#25), Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello’s ‘Bad Things’ (#26), Snakehips & MØ’s ‘Don’t Leave’ (#29), Sia’s ‘Move Your Body’ (#34), ‘Childish Gambino’s ‘Redbone’ (#37) and Adele’s ‘Water Under The Bridge’ (#43).
Debuts:
#31: Julia Michaels ‘Issues’ – American Julia Michaels makes her debut as an artist on the ARIA Singles Chart with ‘Issues’. Prior to the single’s release, Michaels was better known as a songwriter for the likes of Fifth Harmony, Little Mix, Selina Gomez, Britney Spears and more. She was one of the co-writers on Justin Bieber’s ‘Sorry’ (#2 Nov. ’15).
#32: Little Mix ‘Touch’ – Little Mix score a second Singles Chart entry from Glory Days (#2 Nov. ’16) with ‘Touch’. The track is the follow-up to ‘Shout Out To My Ex’ (#4 Oct. ’16).
#44: Jax Jones Feat. RAYE ‘You Don’t Know Me’ – British artist Jax Jones makes his debut as lead artist in the ARIA top 50 with ‘You Don’t Know Me’. Jones previously appeared on the chart as the featured artist on Duke Dumont’s ‘I Got U’ (#17 Mar. ’14).

the link for the top50 singles chart: http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/singles-chart

albums:

With her eleventh studio album Dragonfly, singer-songwriter Kasey Chambers hits #1 on the ARIA Albums Chart for the fifth time (see below).
As Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds continue their national tour, Skeleton Tree climbs back up a further six weeks to #16.
In the week that Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band kicked off their 2017 tour of Australia, Chapter And Verse jumps 20 spots to #20.
Other albums that have made their move back up the chart this week include Cold Chisel’s The Best Of Cold Chisel - All For You (re-entry at #30), INXS’ The Very Best (up ten to #32), Childish Gambino’s "Awaken, My Love!" (up ten to #34) and Passenger’s Young As The Morning Old As The Sea (re-entry at #43).
Debuts:
#1: Kasey Chambers ‘Dragonfly’ – The follow-up to Bittersweet (#2 Sept. ’14), Dragonfly is a double album with one disc produced by ARIA Hall Of Famer Paul Kelly and the other produced by Kasey’s brother Nash Chambers. Guest on the album include Ed Sheeran, Vika and Linda Bull, Keith Urban, Foy Vance and more. Kasey Chambers has previously topped the ARIA Albums Chart with Barricades & Brickwalls (#1 Feb. ’02), Wayward Angel (#1 Jun. ’04), Carnival (#1 Jun. ’04) and the collaboration with Shane Nicholson, Rattlin' Bones (#1 Apr. ’08).
Dragonfly is the first Australian #1 album on the ARIA Charts in 2017.
#12: AFI ‘AFI (The Blood Album)’ – American punk band AFI hit the top 50 on the ARIA Charts for the fourth time on the back of their tenth album. The self-titled album, also referred to as The Blood Album, is the follow-up to Burials (#10 Oct. ’13). AFI’s highest chart placing was with December Underground (#3 Jun. ’06).
#38: Aversions Crown ‘Xenocide’ – The third album from Aversions Crown gives the Brisbane deathcore band their first ARIA top 50 appearance. The band has previously released Servitude (2011) and Tyrant (2014).
#40: The Lachy Doley Group ‘Lovelight’ – Sydney blues/rock/soul trio The Lachy Doley Group hit the ARIA top 50 for the first time with Lovelight. Led by Hammond organ player Lachy Doley, this is the band’s fourth studio album and features contributions from Jimmy Barnes and Nathan Cavaleri.
#49: Jacob Sartorius ‘The Last Text EP’ – The ARIA Charts debut for American singer/internet personality Jacob Sartorius. 14 year old Sartorius first gained recognition on the Vine and Musical.ly apps. The Last Text is his debut EP.

top50 albums chart link: http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/albums-chart
Feb 11th, 2017

Billboard positions for new releases on the Top 100 Songs chart for this week

81. Luke Bryan - Fast
84. Hey Violet - Guys My Age
86. Lauren Alaina - Road Less Traveled
87. Julia Michaels - Issues
92. 2 Chainz x Gucci Mane x Quavo - Good Drank
93. Jason Aldean - Any Ol' Barstool
94. Calum Scott - Dancing On My Own
100. Wale ft. Lil Wayne - Running Back

Billboard positions for new releases and re-entries on the Top 200 Albums chart for this week

new

2. John Mayer - The Search For Everything: Wave One (ep)
5. AFI - The Blood Album
11. Starset - Vessels
16. Various Artists - 2017 Grammy Nominees
18. Kidz Bop Kids - Kidz Bop 34
28. Nicky Jam - Fenix
32. Jacob Sartorius - The Last Text EP
73. Bryan Lanning - Us

re-entry

136. Tycho - Epoch
147. John Mayer - Continuum
160. Simon & Garfunkel - Best Of
182. Frank Sinatra - Ultimate Sinatra
184. Michael Jackson - Thriller
189. I Prevail - Lifelines
195. New Edition - Heart Break
196. Chris Young - I'm Comin' Over
198. Bon Jovi - Greatest Hits: The Ultimate Collection

^^ Feb 11th? It's still January, FFS!

This nonsense needs to stop. These charts are supposed to be some kind of measurement of the popularity of singles or albums, based on sales, downloads, radio airplay or whatever. The week ending Feb 11 has not yet even begun, so no matter how you dress it up, it's fiction. The world could explode tomorrow. It's unlikely, but it could. On Jan 31, no one actually knows how much of what will sell in the week from Feb 4 to Feb 11.

Whoever it is that compiles and issues these charts, guys, just get the date right.It can't be that hard.
^^
they have done it this way as long as I can remember
I have no explanation
I'm sure there is one but it's a secret

Any day now I expect they wioll publish the Top 100 songs of 2017, since they presumably know them already.

Not to blow my own country's trumpet, but the latest ARIA charts bear the date "29 January, 2017", which probably means they were compiled onthat date based on sales of the week immediately preceding. Simple, huh?

Getting back to the music, I see Adele is still No. 4 on our local album charts. Who is buying it I wonder? How long does it take before every Australian household has a copy?

One possible theory is that albums like this, by artists already popular and consisting of "safe" music (which does not necessarily bad, just not too challenging or threatening) get bought and given as presents on birthdays and other occasions. The musical equivalent of slippers for Mum, or socks and jocks for Dad.

One final comment about the Oz album chart: I wish Human Nature would just go away.
UK songs/singles charts for week ending 3rd February:

[Image: ed-sheeran-number-1-award-shape-of-you-1...&width=796]

Ed Sheeran's grip on the Official Singles Chart isn't loosening easily - the Suffolk-born singer has now spent four weeks holding the Top 2 positions.Shape of You notched up sales of 47,000 and 8.8 million streams to keep the top spot this week. In just four weeks, the song has sold a total of 306,000 copies and has been streamed 42.9 million times.
Ed's streak of domination now matches the all-time record held by Justin Bieber, whose tracks Love Yourself and Sorry also held Number 1 and 2 in the chart for four weeks on the bounce in November and December 2015.

Shape of You is also Ed's longest reigning Number 1 single in the UK, and has now spent two weeks longer at the top than his previous best effort Thinking Out Loud. View Ed Sheeran's full UK chart history here.
Elsewhere in this week's Top 5, Jax Jones and Raye's You Don't Know Me holds firm at Number 3, Little Mix hold ground at 4 with Touch, and The Chainsmokers earn their third Top 5 record with Paris, a climber of two places.
[h=4]New entries and high climbers[/h]Sean Paul's No Lie featuring Dua Lipa infiltrates the Top 10 for the first time this week, rising once slot to Number 10. Dua is back again at Number 11 with Be The One, her highest chart position as a lead artist secured in the process.
A new peak for Zayn and Taylor Swift's I Don't Wanna Live Forever occurs this week, the song rising five placings to Number 13. Major Lazer lock in their 4th Top 20 hit with Run Up at Number 20, which features uncredited vocals from Nicki Minaj and PARTYNEXTDOOR.
Dua Lipa returns for her third Top 40 of the week, featuring on Martin Garrix's Scared To Be Lonely, a new entry at Number 23. The current US Number 1 Bad and Boujee from Migos hops three places to Number 31, and finally, Rag'n'Bone Man's Skin debuts at Number 35.

UK songs chart that counts sales plus streaming counts: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/ #1 Ed Sheeran

UK songs chart that counts all sales (digital, cd, vinyl): http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/sin...les-chart/ #1 Ed Sheeran

UK singles chart that only counts actual physical sales: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/phy...les-chart/ #1 Buzzcocks

UK singles chart that only counts vinyl sales: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vin...les-chart/ #1 Buzzcocks
UK albums charts for week ending 3rd February:

[Image: la-la-land-1100.jpg&width=796]

La La Land adds another accolade to its trophy cabinet today (Feb 3) as the soundtrack reaches Number 1 on this week’s Official UK Albums Chart.The album climbs 2 to 1 four weeks after its release, knocking last week's chart-topper, Pete Tong's Classic House, down to 2.
La La Land is also tipped to win big at the Oscars later this month, where it is nominated 14 times (equaling Titanic’s record), including Best Score and twice in the Best Song category, for City Of Stars and Audition.
The film's Music Director and Executive Music Producer Marius De Vries told OfficialCharts.com: "This is fantastic. We always knew as we were working on it that we were working on something special, but you can never anticipate whether that special-ness will translate in universal - or even partial - public acceptance.
"On those rare occasions when it does, it's always a treat. It's a great testament to the enormous amount of hard work the entire team put in."

La La Land is the first soundtrack to reach Number 1 in the UK since Les Miserables in 2013. Before that, it was the accompanying music to iLL Manors in 2012, helmed by rapper/singer Plan B.
[h=4]New entries and high climbers[/h]Deaf Havana score this week's highest new entry at Number 5 with their fourth album All These Countless Nights - a personal best for the British rock band.
Elsewhere in the Top 10, Ed Sheeran's 2014 album X leaps six places to 4, and The Weeknd's Starboy lifts from 11 to 7.
Three new albums debut inside this week's Top 20: Lucy Spraggan earns her fourth Top 40 album with I Hope You Don't Mind Me Writing, new at 12, Train's tenth album A Girl, A Bottle, A Boat debuts at 13, and Culture by US hip hop group Migos lands at 16.
Further down, Izzy Bizu's debut album A Moment Of Madness re-enters and hits a new peak at 23 following her performance on the Graham Norton Show, and Kehlani's debut album SweetSexySavage, which was given a surprise early release, opens at 26.

UK albums chart that counts sales plus streaming counts: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/ #1 La La Land

UK albums chart that only counts actual sales figures: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/alb...les-chart/ #1 La La Land

UK albums chart that only counts physical sales: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/phy...ums-chart/ #1 Pete Tong/Heritage Or/Buckley

UK albums chart that only counts vinyl sales figures: http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/vin...ums-chart/ #1 Pulp Fiction (OST)
Australian music charts for week ending 4th February:

SINGLES:

After landing at #2 on the Triple J Hottest 100 last week with ‘Adore’, Gold Coast singer-songwriter Amy Shark jumps up ten spots to #3, claiming her first appearance in the ARIA top ten in the process.
With a jump of 15 spots to #10, German duo Milky Chance score their second top ten single. ‘Cocoon’ was #12 in the Hottest 100. The band previously hit the top ten with ‘Stolen Dance’ (#2 May ’14).
Having taken out #1 in the Triple J Hottest 100, Flume’s ‘Never Be Like You’ returns to the top 50 for a 44th week at #18. The track spent one week at #1 on the ARIA Singles Chart in February 2016.
This week’s Singles Chart also includes moves for Pnau’s ‘Chameleon’ (up three to #4), Julia Michaels’ ‘Issues’ (up 17 to #14), Mura Masa’s ‘Love$ick’ (up three to #15), Sage The Gemini’s ‘Now And Later’ (up four to #19), Little Mix’s ‘Touch’ (up eleven to #21), Machine Gun Kelly & Camila Cabello’s ‘Bad Things’ (up four to #22), Childish Gambino’s ‘Redbone’ (up seven to #30).
Debuts:
#27: Major Lazer Feat. PARTYNEXTDOOR & Nicki Minaj ‘Run Up’ – The third single from Major Lazer’s forthcoming fourth album Music Is The Weapon and the second to chart. It follows on from ‘Cold Water’ (#1 Aug. ’16).
#35: Martin Garrix & Dua Lipa ‘Scared To Be Lonely’ – Dutch DJ/producer Martin Garrix teams up with Brit Dua Lipa for ‘Scared To Be Lonely’. Garrix last charted with the Bebe Rexha collaboration ‘In The Name Of Love’ (#8 Sept. ’16), while Dua Lipa last charted with ‘Hotter Than Hell’ (#17 Jul. ’16).
#39: Tash Sultana ‘Jungle’ – Melbourne singer-songwriter Tash Sultana scores her debut appearance in the ARIA Singles Chart top 50 with ‘Jungle’. Taken from EP Notion (#8 this week), the track was #3 in this year’s Triple J Hottest 100.
#45: Jon Bellion ‘All Time Low’ – The top 50 debut for American songwriter Jon Bellion. ‘All Time Low’ comes from Bellion’s debut album The Human Condition. He has previously written songs for Jason Derulo, Eminem and more.
#48: The Vamps ‘All Night’ – British pop band The Vamps return to the top 50 for the first time since 2014 with ‘All Night’. The track is the quartet’s fifth top 50 single. They last charted with ‘Oh Cecilia (Breaking My Heart)’ (#46 Sept. ’14).

ALBUMS:

After two weeks out of the #1 spot, the soundtrack to Trolls returns to the top spot on the ARIA Albums Chart for a third week. The album has spent 11 weeks in the top 50, including eight weeks in the top ten.
Tash Sultana’s Notion EP returns to the top 50 for a fifth week. It sits at a new peak of #8 following its release on CD and vinyl. The EP debuted at #11 in October 2016. One of the EP’s tracks, ‘Jungle’, has debuted at #39 on this week’s Singles Chart.
Following on from his topping of the Triple J Hottest 100 with ‘Never Be Like You’, Flume has moved back up 13 spots to #12 with former #1 album Skin.
The debut album from Melbourne’s The Avalanches returns to the top 50 for a 30th week on the back of its reissue on vinyl. Sitting at #15 this week Since I Left You surpasses its previous peak of #21, reached in October 2001.
Human Nature’s Gimme Some Lovin': Jukebox Vol. II climbs back up 25 spots to #17.
Twenty One Pilots’ Blurryface returns to the top 50 at #31. It’s the album’s 52nd week in the top 50.
After scoring five entries from the album in the Hottest 100, Violent Soho’s Waco re-enters at 36.
Debuts:
#5: Train ‘A Girl, A Bottle, A Boat’ – American band Train return to the top ten on the ARIA Albums Chart for the first time since 2012 with A Girl, A Bottle, A Boat. The group’s tenth studio album is their first of original material since Bulletproof Picasso (#15 Sept. ’14), having released the Christmas album Christmas In Tahoe (2015) and the covers album Train Does Led Zeppelin II (2016) in between. Train last hit the top ten with California 37 (#9 Jun. ’12).
#7: Brian & Jenn Johnson ‘After All These Years’ – The ARIA Albums Chart debut for American duo Brian & Jenn Johnson. After All These Years is the Johnsons’ first album in over a decade. They’ve previously appeared on albums by Bethel Music including Have It All (#8 Mar. ’16).
#25: Aleyce Simmonds ‘More Than Meets The Eye’ – Tamworth singer-songwriter Aleyce Simmonds scopes her top 50 debut on the ARIA Albums Chart. More Than Meets The Eye is Simmonds’ third studio album and first since 2013’s Believe.
#26: Migos ‘Culture’ – After scoring their debut on the ARIA Singles Chart last month with ‘Bad and Boujee’ (#34 Jan. ’17), American hip hop trio Migos hit the Albums Chart for the first time with Culture. The group’s second album features guest appearances from DJ Khaled, 2 Chainz, Gucci Mane and more.
#30: Kreator ‘Gods Of Violence’ – With their fourteenth studio album, German thrash metal band Kreator make their ARIA Charts debut. It’s their first album since 2012’s Phantom Antichrist. Kreator formed in 1982 and released their debut album, Endless Pain, in 1985.
#32: Kehlani ‘SweetSexySavage’ – Kehlani scores her first Albums Chart appearance with SweetSexySavage. The American R&B singer-songwriter’s debut album appears after the releases of two mixtapes: Cloud 19 (2014) and You Should Be Here (2015).
#34: Brantley Gilbert ‘The Devil Don't Sleep’ – The fourth album from Brantley Gilbert gives the American country singer-songwriter his first appearance in the ARIA top 50. The Devil Don't Sleep comes three years on from Gilbert’s last album, Just As I Am.

sorry, no links for the individual charts this week!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Release albums for 2017: CRAZY-HORSE 65 4,531 18-08-2017, 09:16
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Musician Deaths - 2017 Music Head 59 4,864 09-08-2017, 11:08
Last Post: Music Head
  MUSIC NEWS: Steve Winwood to release his first "live" album CRAZY-HORSE 0 57 30-06-2017, 13:58
  MUSIC NEWS: new Waterboys album on the way... CRAZY-HORSE 0 57 30-06-2017, 13:54
  New Album Listens for 2017 Music Head 55 4,958 06-06-2017, 18:55
Last Post: Music Head
  The ultimate music connection SteveO 109 27,426 03-06-2017, 05:51
Last Post: SteveO
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 15 2,218 13-05-2017, 11:35
Last Post: Jerome
  Music & Alcohol Tiggi 13 1,758 06-05-2017, 18:16
Last Post: Frands
  What was it that first led you to take notice of music ? gryphon 15 1,285 22-03-2017, 02:56
Last Post: oldies65
  Subversive Music - RATM, Immortal Tech, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws flinty 50 9,170 17-03-2017, 13:59
Last Post: flinty