Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly Music Charts for 2017
UK charts for week ending 4th August:

SINGLES:

It seems there’s no stopping Despacito – the track has fought off some strong competition to claim another week at Number 1 on the Official Singles Chart.

The Luis Fonsi, Daddy Yankee and Justin Bieber track logs a 11th week in pole position and is now one of the UK’s longest-reigning chart toppers of all time.
Only six songs in the Official Charts’s 65-year history have spent longer at Number 1, while the only other songs to manage 11 weeks at the summit is Rose Marie by US country singer Slim Whitman in 1955. Find out which songs have spent the longest at Number 1 in the UK here.

MORE: View this week's Top 100 Official Singles Chart in full

Finishing less than 2,500 combined sales behind Despacito is former Number 1 Wild Thoughts, by DJ Khaled, Rihanna and Bryson Tiller, while Calvin Harris’ Feels ft. Pharrell Williams, Katy Perry and Big Sean is at 3.
New entries and high climbers
Elsewhere in the Top 10, Rudimental’s Sun Comes Up ft. James Arthur continues to climb, moving two spots to 8, and Dua Lipa’s New Rules zooms ten places to crack into the Top 10 to Number 9. It’s the star’s third single to reach the top tier of the Official Chart: 2016’s No Lie with Sean Paul topped out at 10 and Be The One peaked at 9 in February this year.  
MORE: The Official Top 40 biggest songs of 2017 so far
Further down, Demi Lovato’s Sorry Not Sorry moves 11 places to a new peak this week at 16, and Finnish newcomer Alma breaks into the Top 20 with Chasing Highs, up six to Number 18.  

ALBUMS:

Congratulations to Arcade Fire, who have scored their third consecutive Number 1 album on the Official Albums Chart with Everything Now.
The Canadian group’s fifth record shifted just over 36,000 combined sales, outselling its closest competitor - Ed Sheeran’s Divide – by 2:1 to take this week’s top spot. The band previously topped the chart with 2010's BRIT Award and GRAMMY winning The Suburbs, and 2013's Reflektor.
Everything Now is also the best-selling vinyl album of the week and was the most popular record purchased in independent retailers this week too.
 Click here to view the full Record Store Chart Top 40.

Meanwhile, Rag'n'Bone Man's Human rebound after falling from the Top 5 for the first time last week after 23 weeks. The BRITs Critics' Choice winner is this week's Number 3, up three.
Last week’s Number 1, Lana Del Rey's Lust For Life, slips to 4, and Passenger's new album The Boy Who Cried Wolf lands at 5. Announced just two days before it was released last Friday, the LP becomes his fourth Top 5 entry.
New entries and high climbers
Alice Cooper is back this week with his first studio album for six years – Paranormal debuts at Number 6 to become his first Top 10 album in over a decade. Not far behind is Dua Lipa, who on the strength of her new single New Rules climbs 15 places to Number 11 with her self-titled debut.
MORE: View this week’s Official Vinyl Albums Chart Top 40
The first three in a series of Pet Shop Boys album reissues - Nightlife, Release and Fundamental – enter at 29, 30 and 33 respectively, and there’s also a new entry for post-punk band The Fall, whose 32nd studio album New Facts Emerge lands at 35.
Finally, summer sales are running across various retailers, and several albums slashed in price rocket up the chart this week. They are: Glen Campbell’s Adios (13); HAIM’s Something To Tell You (15); DAMN. by Kendrick Lamar (18); Lorde’s Melodrama (22); The Bee Gees’ Timeless (31); and Witness from Katy Perry (38).

link for the top100 albums chart:  http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/

link to the top 40 rock/metal albums chart:  http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/roc...ums-chart/

link to the top 30 progressive albums chart:  http://www.officialcharts.com/charts/pro...ums-chart/

Australian charts for week ending 5th August:

SINGLES:

It’s the twelfth straight week that Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee have topped the ARIA Singles Chart with the Justin Bieber-featured single ‘Despacito’. The track has also notched up its twelfth week at #1 in the US and tenth week at #1 in the UK.
A move of nine spots up the chart to #7 has put Kesha’s comeback single ‘Praying’ into the top ten for the first time. In its fourth week in the top 50, it becomes the American singer-songwriter’s eighth top ten on the ARIA Singles Chart and the first since ‘Die Young’ (#3 Nov. ‘12).
The debut ARIA Singles Chart appearance for American country singer-songwriter Sam Hunt cracks the top ten for the first time at #10 thanks to a jump of five spots from last week. It’s the single’s seventh week in the top 50.
‘Back To You’ moves up six spots in its second week in the top 50. It equals Louis Tomlinson’s previous peak with the Steve Aoki collaboration ‘Just Hold On’ (#20 Dec. ’16).
Dua Lipa’s fourth entry on the ARIA Singles Chart, ‘New Rules’, picks up a new peak this week after a jump of 20 spots. The track is the British singer-songwriter’s first solo release to chart in 2017; she charted alongside Martin Garrix with ‘Scared To Be Lonely’ (#14 Apr. ’17). She last charted as a solo artist with ‘Hotter Than Hell’ (#17 Jul. ’16).
This week’s Singles Chart also includes new peaks for Macklemore’s ‘Glorious’ (#5), Maggie Lindemann’s ‘Pretty Girl’ (#14), Hailee Steinfeld’s ‘Most Girls’ (#18), Demi Lovato’s ‘Sorry Not Sorry’ (#24), Post Malone’s ‘Congratulations’ (#30), Peking Duk & AlunaGeorge’s ‘Fake Magic’ (#34) and Camila Cabello’s ‘Crying In The Club’ (#39).
Debuts:
#50: Lauv ‘I Like Me Better’ – American artist Lauv makes his ARIA top 50 debut with ‘I Like Me Better’. Lauv – real name Ari Staprans Leff – was one of the co-writers of the recent Charli XCX single ‘Boys’ as well as Cheat Codes’ hit ‘No Promises’ (#17 Jun. ’17).

link to the top50 singles chart:  http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/singles-chart

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ALBUMS:

After a week at #3, Ed Sheeran’s [i]÷ returns to the #1 spot on the ARIA Albums Chart for a 18th week.[/i]
Following a promo visit during the week, Halsey has re-entered the top 50 at #19 with Hopeless Fountain Kingdom.
With their national tour in full swing, The Ten Tenors have re-entered the chart at #36 with Wish You Were Here.
Following the announcement of their October Australian tour, The Chainsmokers hit that chart again at #38 with Memories...Do Not Open.
Zara Larsson re-enters at #40 with So Good after her recent promo visit.
Debuts:
#2: Arcade Fire ‘Everything Now’ – Four years on from Reflektor (#3 Nov. ’13), Canadian indie band Arcade Fire scores their fourth appearance and their highest peak to date in the ARIA top ten with Everything Now. The group’s fifth album sees them taking on production duties alongside Daft Punk’s Thomas Bangalter and Pulp bassist Steve Mackey. Arcade Fire have also charted in the top ten with Neon Bible (#7 Mar. ’07) and The Suburbs (#6 Aug. ’10).
#3: Judah Kelly ‘Count On Me’ – 2017 winner of The Voice Judah Kelly makes his ARIA Albums Chart debut with Count On Me. Kelly’s first album features the title track ‘Count On Me’ (#19 Jul. ’17), as well as tracks performed by Kelly during the series including ‘Tennessee Whiskey’ and ‘The Climb’.
#4: Alice Cooper ‘Paranormal’ – Shock rock king Alice Cooper returns with his 27th studio album, Paranormal. It’s his first album since Welcome 2 My Nightmare (#16 Oct. ’11) and includes several tracks written and recorded with members of the original Alice Cooper band. In between Alice Cooper albums, Cooper lead American rock supergroup Hollywood Vampires, who released a self-titled album (#34 Sept. ’15).
#5: Dan Sultan ‘Killer’ – Melbourne’s Dan Sultan takes out his second top ten on the ARIA Albums Chart with Killer. The singer-songwriter’s fourth album is the follow-up to Blackbird (#4 Apr. ’14). Blackbird earned Sultan an ARIA award in 2014 for Best Rock Album.
#6: Passenger ‘The Boy Who Cried Wolf’ – Album eight released by Mike Rosenberg under the Passenger moniker gives the British singer-songwriter a fifth appearance on the ARIA Albums Chart. The Boy Who Cried Wolf is the follow-up to the October 2016’s #1 Young As The Morning Old As The Sea.
#8: Various ‘Beautiful - A Tribute To Carole King’ – A collection of Australian artists pay homage to legendary singer-songwriter Carole King on this new album. Beautiful features Guy Sebastian performing ‘You've Got A Friend’, Human Nature’s take on ‘One Fine Day’, Dami Im singing ‘Will You Love Me Tomorrow’, Tina Arena’s reading of ‘So Far Away’ and more.
#15: The Murlocs ‘Old Locomotive’ – Melbourne garage rockers The Murlocs pick up their debut appearance in the ARIA top 50 with Old Locomotive. The group’s third studio album was produced by Stu McKenzie of King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, a band that shares several members with The Murlocs.
#16: O’Shea ‘61-615’ – The fourth album from husband and wife duo O’Shea becomes the country act’s fourth top 50 entry and their highest peak. 61-615 is the follow-up to The Famine And The Feast (#36 Feb. ’15). Their previous peak was with One + One (#24 Jan. ’13).
#28: Shane Nicholson ‘Love And Blood’ – With his sixth solo studio album, country singer-songwriter Shane Nicholson picks up his third entry in the ARIA top 50. Love And Blood comes two years on from Hell Breaks Loose (#16 Aug. ’15). The album includes contributions from Josh Pyke, Fanny Lumsden, Imogen Clark and more.
#29: Make Them Suffer ‘Worlds Apart’ – Perth deathcore band Make Them Suffer grab a second top 50 entry on the ARIA Albums Chart with Worlds Apart. The quintet’s third album comes two years on from Old Souls (#30 Jun. ’15).
#45: Michael Ball & Alfie Boe ‘Together’ – British musical theatre stars Michael Ball and Alfie Boe team up for the album [i]Together. It features tracks from musicals such as Phantom Of The Opera, Chess, West Side Story and move. Together hits the chart ahead of the duo’s Australian tour in October.[/i]

link to the top50 albums chart:  http://www.ariacharts.com.au/charts/albums-chart
(03-08-2017, 18:38)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote: LOL, I feel so sorry or your ears this week with Tyler The Creator & Meek Mill....
theyre gonna make Lana Del Ray sound brilliant!
you called that right

I know its not nice or fair to pre-empt an album or an artist, but occasionally I do get it right mate...
Billboard positions for new releases on the Top 100 Songs chart for this week

38. Future ft. Nicki Minaj- You Da Baddest
68. Thomas Rhett - Unforgettable
85. Luke Combs - When It Rains It Pours
87. Jason Aldean - They Don't Know
88. Chainsmokers - Honest
89. SZA - The Weekend
90. Dua Lipa - New Rules
93. Revivalists - Wish I Knew You
94. Carly Pearce - Every Little Thing
97. Kesha - Learn To Let Go
98. Kenny Chesney - All The Pretty Girls
99. Chris Lane - For Her

Billboard positions for new releases and re-entries on the Top 200 Albums chart for this week

new

1. Arcade Fire - Everything Now
27. Vic Mensa - The Autobiography
30. Grateful Dead - Dave's Picks, Volume 23
31. Amine - Good For You
32. Alice Cooper - Paranormal
33. Manchester Orchestra - Black Mile To The Surface
48. Julia Michaels - Nervous System (ep)
61. Cage The Elephant - Unpeeled
64. Isley Brothers / Santana - Power Of Peace
76. Rings Of Saturn - Ultu Ulla
79. Soundtrack - Atomic Blonde
117. Anthony Brown & Group Therapy - A Long Way From Sunday
120. Joe Nichols - Never Gets Old
165. Nichole Nordeman - Ever Mile Mattered

re-entry

138. Led Zeppelin - Mothership
145. Blake Shelton - Reloaded: 20 #1 Hits
178. Sublime - Sublime
190. Paramore - After Laughter
191. Guns N' Roses - Greatest Hits
192. Eagles - Greatest Hits 1971-1975
193. Hozier - Hozier
200. The Weeknd - Trilogy

70. Tay-K - The Race
76. Kodak Black - Patty Cake
81. Camila Cabello ft. Quavo - OMG
82. P!nk - What About Us
84. Rae Sremmurd - Perplexing Pegasus
94. Jacquees - B.E.D.
95. Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart & Mitchell Hope - Chillin' Like A Villain
99. Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug - Havana

Billboard positions for new releases and re-entries on the Top 200 Albums chart for this week

new

2. Brett Eldredge - Brett Eldredge
5. Various Artists - NOW 63
24. YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Al YoungBoy
27. Ugly God - The Booty Tape
34. Kenny Wayne Shephard Band - Lay It On Down
43. Glen Campbell - 20 Greatest Hits
49. Andy Mineo & Wordsplayed - Magic & Bird
54. Wage War - Deadweight
89. Third Day - Revival
106. Randy Newman - Dark Matter
120. Tyler Childers - Purgatory
140. Accept - The Rise Of Chaos
148. A$AP Twelvyy - 12
180. Dead Cross - Dead Cross
191. Various Artists - NOW That's What I Call Tailgate Anthems
192. Sean Price - Imperius Rex

re-entry

56. Dylan Scott - Dylan Scott
79. Def Leppard - Hysteria
93. Soundtrack - Sing
136. Glen Campbell - Adios
150. Brad Paisley - Love And War
152. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
177. Lady Gaga - Joanne
184. Kanye West - Graduation
188. Drake & Future - What A Time To Be Alive
190. Lynyrd Skynyrd - All Time Greatest Hits

(16-08-2017, 11:50)Music Head Wrote: Billboard positions for new releases on the Top 100 Songs chart for this week

70. Tay-K - The Race
76. Kodak Black - Patty Cake
81. Camila Cabello ft. Quavo - OMG
82. P!nk - What About Us
84. Rae Sremmurd - Perplexing Pegasus
94. Jacquees - B.E.D.
95. Sofia Carson, Cameron Boyce, Booboo Stewart & Mitchell Hope - Chillin' Like A Villain
99. Camila Cabello ft. Young Thug - Havana

new

2. Brett Eldredge - Brett Eldredge
5. Various Artists - NOW 63
24. YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Al YoungBoy
27. Ugly God - The Booty Tape
34. Kenny Wayne Shephard Band - Lay It On Down
43. Glen Campbell - 20 Greatest Hits
49. Andy Mineo & Wordsplayed - Magic & Bird
54. Wage War - Deadweight
89. Third Day - Revival
106. Randy Newman - Dark Matter
120. Tyler Childers - Purgatory
140. Accept - The Rise Of Chaos
148. A$AP Twelvyy - 12
180. Dead Cross - Dead Cross
191. Various Artists - NOW That's What I Call Tailgate Anthems
192. Sean Price - Imperius Rex

re-entry

56. Dylan Scott - Dylan Scott
79. Def Leppard - Hysteria
93. Soundtrack - Sing
136. Glen Campbell - Adios
150. Brad Paisley - Love And War
152. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
177. Lady Gaga - Joanne
184. Kanye West - Graduation
188. Drake & Future - What A Time To Be Alive
190. Lynyrd Skynyrd - All Time Greatest Hits

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours????? Obviously a bounce-back from the Buckingham/McVie album which I believe is actually quite good. I have only heard one track off it and I like it.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^^
one of the few studio albums that pops back on the chart every now and then
near the top as for all time best selling

as is DSOTM which re-enters occasionally and Bat Out Of Hell...

42. Marshmello Ft. Khalid - Silence
88. Kip Moore - More Girls Like You
92. Wiz Khalifa ft. Ty Dolla $ign - Something New
95. YoungBoy Never Broke Again - Untouchable
97. Maren Morris - I Could Use A Love Song
98. Chris Janson - Fix A Drink

new

1. Kesha - Rainbow
5. Moneybagg Yo - Federal 3X
40. Lindsay Ell - The Project
51. Jesus Culture - Love Has A Name
55. Dodie - You (ep)
69. Bebe Rexha - All Your Fault, Pt. 2
70. Avicii - Avici (01) (ep)
150. Alan Jackson - Precious Memories Collection
158. Emily Saliers - Murmuration Nation

re-entry

122. Eric Church - Mr. Misunderstood
161. Earth, Wind & Fire - Greatest Hits
162. Elton John - Rocket Man: Number Ones
164. Elvis Presley - 30 #1 Hits
167. Lionel Richie - Definitive Collection
170. Old Dominion - Meat And Candy
173. Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon
189. Eminem - The Marshall Mathers LP 2
190. Childish Gambino - Because The Internet
191. Billy Joel - The Hits
196. Dierks Bentley - Black

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Release albums for 2017: CRAZY-HORSE 65 4,529 18-08-2017, 09:16
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Musician Deaths - 2017 Music Head 59 4,861 09-08-2017, 11:08
Last Post: Music Head
  MUSIC NEWS: Steve Winwood to release his first "live" album CRAZY-HORSE 0 56 30-06-2017, 13:58
  MUSIC NEWS: new Waterboys album on the way... CRAZY-HORSE 0 56 30-06-2017, 13:54
  New Album Listens for 2017 Music Head 55 4,957 06-06-2017, 18:55
Last Post: Music Head
  The ultimate music connection SteveO 109 27,424 03-06-2017, 05:51
Last Post: SteveO
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 15 2,218 13-05-2017, 11:35
Last Post: Jerome
  Music & Alcohol Tiggi 13 1,758 06-05-2017, 18:16
Last Post: Frands
  What was it that first led you to take notice of music ? gryphon 15 1,285 22-03-2017, 02:56
Last Post: oldies65
  Subversive Music - RATM, Immortal Tech, Akala, Slaves, Allflaws flinty 50 9,170 17-03-2017, 13:59
Last Post: flinty