Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy!
My name is George and I love music.

First record I remember buying: The Carpenters Close to You
First concert: Opening night Led Zeppelin MSG 1977
Last concert: Kacey Musgraves Christmas show last month
There were over a thousand in between. I've traveled to Germany, England and all over the US for shows.

I have a ton of records, a couple of thousand CDs, a box load of cassettes.

I was in the very first punk rock band on Long Island way back when. Our name will never come from my lips ever again. Worst name ever.

If I was on an Island and could only take one style of music with me, it would be Big Band. For some reason the song doesn't matter, it's all excellent. All other styles of music I love half and can't stand the other half.

My favorite guitar players listed by talent -

Jimmy Page (NO ONE can touch his brilliance. I can argue it out against anyone. One song Ten Years Gone)

Mick Ronson (Bowie was great. Ronson made a genius. All those early Bowie songs you love, it's all Ronson) His two solo albums are a must for guitarists. His final Heaven and Hull which he made while he was dying could be used as arranger lessons.

Mick Jones (The Clash - Big Audio Dynamite - Carbon Silicon... a guy who gets no respect for being a brilliant songwriter and musician. He is the one musician that I can put on any of his work and marvel at each song. Tasteful)

Johnny Thunders (Heartbreakers/NY Dolls - Why I started playing music. Johnny has the least amount of talent, and yet no one can copy what he did. He put those few riffs he had in the absolute perfect spots, with the perfect tone that makes him wonderful.) All the metal bands of the 80s tried to copy
Johnny's look, but Johnny carried himself better than Keef.

I can go on and on. But, I just love music, and as a musician I still love recording basement demos (which I one of the reasons I came here. I looking for ears)
Hi there, I'm pretty young so I dont know much of what yo said, but welcome nonetheless! I do love Close to You, it's an absolute beauty, a gem in music.
"I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul." - William Ernest Henley
Led Zep at MSG - must have been one hell of an experience.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Thanks.

luis131: Karen had a one of a kind voice. She's great, especially if you're feeling melancholy.

Jerome: I just bought a sound board copy of that Zeppelin show, and it's just as great as I remember. There's plenty of mistakes, but there's only 3 instruments playing and Plant's voice. At points it feels like there's a symphony on stage.

I went to see Plant/Page show at the Garden years ago, and when they did Kashmir with the combos they played with, that riff was reverberating off the walls. I felt it to my soul. It was the single most powerful moment I've ever experienced at a concert.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Howdy Padnahs djsmuv 0 1,959 29-10-2016, 22:18
Last Post: djsmuv
  Howdy from an aspiring Composer! ChristianRoss 2 423 12-08-2016, 01:05
Last Post: ChristianRoss
  howdy guys Pink Floyd Fan 1999 6 948 08-07-2016, 11:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Howdy Ho, Neighbor shaynegri-la 0 467 15-06-2016, 02:23
Last Post: shaynegri-la
  Hi and Howdy! gousterman 0 326 11-09-2015, 15:02
Last Post: gousterman
  Howdy! Piano Boy 3 774 20-04-2015, 16:02
Last Post: Piano Boy
  Howdy miraslow 2 399 06-10-2014, 23:58
Last Post: SteveO
  Howdy, my name is victor y'all! Hola at you all the way from Montreal Canada! littledrummerboy 4 1,426 13-07-2011, 17:31
Last Post: Tiggi
  A big howdy from Texas! NoSaint1975 4 926 30-01-2011, 02:04
Last Post: Tiggi
  Howdy Miss Fortune 6 903 27-10-2009, 18:51
Last Post: kerry101