Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ALBUM: Ray LaMontagne "monovision"
[Image: 220px-Monovision_Album_Cover%2C_Ray_LaMo..._2020.jpeg]

Spotify listen:

Eighth studio album.

im going Americana here as an encompassing sound.
hearing Ben Harper, John Denver, Fogerty, CSN, very eclectic over the first half.
second half is more predictable and same-same, acoustic tunes that all sound similar to the previous one.
still, another good album from a consistently good artist.

the John Denver sounding "summer clouds"    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24qZoDu66Hg   audio                                                 

the Ben Harper sounding "I was born to love you"     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Udui3tCFeMs  audio                                    

the single:

I have some of his earlier stuff and generally like him. Not a fan of Summer Clouds, but like the other two. I'm going to have to listen/sample the rest of this before I put it on my buy list
Must listen to this - I enjoy some of his stuff and have a couple of his albums, however, would be happy to pick one or two (maybe three) songs off each album and leave the rest which seems less than complimentary! Undecided
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
I found the first half of the album very good, exceptional because there were different styles.
the second half, wasn't as good, too much of a muchness.
would have to listen again to make the 'to purchase' list this year as frugality is the way this year has been so far, cant see it changing.
will hit my chart when the new one comes out

courtesy of Spotify

this guy along with Jack Johnson
is just blah for me
gets old fast
I do hear your sounds likes

in fact this sounds like Country Roads and Rocky Mountain High
only thing I like

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Courtney Marie Andrews "old flowers" CRAZY-HORSE 1 15 03-08-2020, 07:35
Last Post: Jerome
  NEW ALBUM: The Chicks - Gaslighter Music Head 2 20 29-07-2020, 17:22
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Margo Price - That's How Rumors Get Started Music Head 3 23 29-07-2020, 12:23
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Brett Eldredge - Sunday Drive Music Head 0 16 23-07-2020, 12:32
  NEW ALBUM: Willie Nelson "first rose of spring" CRAZY-HORSE 1 54 18-07-2020, 12:14
  NEW ALBUM: Margo Price "thats how rumors get started" CRAZY-HORSE 0 22 11-07-2020, 23:16
  NEW ALBUM: Neil Young "homegrown" CRAZY-HORSE 3 100 03-07-2020, 12:19
  NEW ALBUM: Kip Moore - Wild World Music Head 0 36 16-06-2020, 12:00
  NEW ALBUM: Sarah Jarosz ~ World on the Ground Ruby 2 92 11-06-2020, 18:39
Last Post: Ruby
  NEW ALBUM: Jordan Davis - Jordan Davis (ep) Music Head 1 63 08-06-2020, 12:26