Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NEW ALBUM: Lucy Rose - Something's Changing
LUCY ROSE ~ Something's Changing 

[Image: R-10168761-1492798389-5093.jpeg.jpg]

Scouting around for something new to listen to and was pleasantly surprised – yay! Lucy Rose is 28 years old and this is her third album; it would be wonderful if her clean, fresh sounds remained unsullied further down the line – I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.

I haven’t heard her previous albums, but this most recent offering almost harks back to early Carole King, John Denver, that sort of feeling for me, with quite a lot of updating! Folk rock probably best describes her style here, hence the easy listening category - may have been different in the past. She sounds like an amalgamation of James Vincent McMorrow, Dido, a less dramatic Kate Bush, and a slightly more conventional Joni Mitchell! A nice voice – deceptively simple at first, then one finds a depth that belies the initial impression of extreme fragility – I am reminded of fine old china. Her songs are great, there are good instruments (she plays some of ‘em) and there’s an air of delicacy which is right outside the run of the mill; a balancing act, IMHO, and quite possibly one of which she's not even cognizant. I really hope she doesn’t wobble off the fence in the wrong direction.

In keeping with the generally tasteful aura surrounding the release, there are some subtle backing and harmony vocals provided by Elena Tonra of Daughter, Marcus Hamblett of Bear's Den, and the Staves, and while the album is neither earth shattering nor ground-breaking, it’s charming, I think. Maybe too lightweight for some, but I find authenticity, and I’d buy it …

The clips I want are not available in my country so here’s a live version of “Moirai” … https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRgD9W7qYl4

And the first track, (after the one minute and forty three second Intro, that is, which I also can’t find and which is a cool prologue – really sets the tone) ….

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

a comprehensive assessment as always Ruby, thanks...

BTW, listened to the linked video track...pleasant and refreshing!
^^Glad you liked it CH, and thanks! Smile
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lovely And Gentle New Album By Solo Pianist Nick Decesare Eugena 0 458 08-02-2017, 14:05
Last Post: Eugena
  Peter Kater Resonance Album All About Connection, Expansion And Rebirth Eugena 0 166 21-12-2016, 13:55
  Sensational Singing Makes The Kimberly Haynes Album Special Eugena 0 377 31-08-2016, 21:40
  Lovely latin sounds and gentle rhythms emanate from new ciro hurtado album Eugena 0 312 20-07-2016, 22:32
  Textured Strings, Synth And Piano Featured On Geoff Hall Debut Album Eugena 0 313 29-06-2016, 13:58
  New Age Keyboardist Timothy Wenzel Returns With Fifth Album Eugena 0 528 13-04-2016, 22:38
  Tony Bennett/Lady Gaga to record Cole Porter album CRAZY-HORSE 6 1,907 16-02-2016, 11:18
Last Post: melyamet
  American Songwriting Award Winner Kathy Sanborn Creates New Age Vocal Album Eugena 0 621 14-10-2015, 16:31
  New Deuter Album Is Perfect New Age Music Eugena 0 607 14-10-2015, 16:26
  Cassandra Wilson. New Album "Coming Fourth" Sunfist 4 1,379 03-08-2015, 14:52
Last Post: karimafas