Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Brian
Hi everyone! I am a rock 'n roll addict based in Southern California. I began playing the guitar when I was 16 and have not looked back. I play in a band in LA that is based around my own songwriting. I love music and look forward to discussing music and meeting more like minded folks.

I'm really getting into The Kinks at the moment. They are becoming my new favorite band. I was a teen in the 80's and my fave band from that era was The Alarm because they played "proper" rock music and even pioneered the use of acoustic guitars and harmonicas in an primarily synth heavy pop era.

Not sure if I am allowed to post a link yet as a new member, but I have a blog where I discuss what it is like being an indie musician in Los Angeles in 2010. If your interested in reading it hit me up and I'll give you the link.
Welcome to the forum Brian.
Kinks are also one of my favs. The Alarm were ok for a couple of albums.
Visit often.

Welcome to the forum BrianCool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Welcome to the forum Brian, from a fellow newbie! Hope you enjoy it round here. :biggrin:
Hi Brian, & welcome to MD.

Hope you enjoy the site...
Have you heard any of the more recent Alarm albums or any of Mike Peters' solo work from the 90's? Mike Peters put together a new line up of musicians with serious brit rock cred...James Stevenson of Chelsea and Gene Loves Jezebel, Craig Adams of The Mission UK and Steve Grantly of Stiff Little Fingers. The Alarm in the modern era are basically a supergroup of sorts. The material holds up well if you like post punk anthem stuff with a lot of heart and soul.

I'm getting into some older stuff by The Band and Dylan at the moment and just discovered Fairport Convention and Nick Drake and Richard Thompson.

Has anyone here seen It Might Get Loud? Possibly the best documentary about guitar rock out there.
If you are into Fairport convention and like acoustic folk music let me try a recommendation Try "Lord Of The Ages" by Magna Carta

there is a start below:

YouTube - Magna Carta - 01 - I Wish It Was
YouTube - Magna Carta - 03 - Lord of the Ages

YouTube - Magna Carta - 06 - Father John

YouTube - Magna Carta - 08 - Falkland Greene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eRJRvXD2...re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gkkHLQmW...re=related

Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Heyah. I'm Brian. AnotherSubstance 3 748 21-01-2014, 06:53
Last Post: AnotherSubstance