Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are You Listening To?
i borrowed this one off my mum a few years ago, only played side one, couldnt suffer side two as well...so im glad someone else(MH) feels the same way about this Neil album
[Image: 514NZTXKYCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg]

Not really music, although it is set in a musical radio broadcast.

This is the 1938 Orson Welles/Mercury Theatre radio play that was reputed to have caused panic across the US when it was broadcast.

The first section is the aforementioned musical program, which is increasingly interrupted by news clips concerning a UFO landing in New Jersey, and the subsequent realisation that a Martian invasion is underway.

The second section consists of the thoughts and reflections of survivor Professor Pierson (played by OW), in the aftermath of the invasion, and then later on the Martian's demise due to infection from earthly germs.

Clever stuff, including - apparently - Welles' timing of the early newscasts with times when it was known that people would be channel-hopping...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
I'm listening right now a song "My dream is to fly" which is mind blowing.
21 guns.. That is just awesome song to listen and enjoy. Love listening this song again and again.
Rope by Foo Fighters
superiorinferior Wrote:Rope by Foo Fighters
and what film or stage performance is this song featured in?

China Grove - The Doobie Brothers FTW!!!
The Main Titles for Beetlejuice--interesting if odd movie, but Danny Elfman really did some awesome music for it!
Danny Elfman musical scores for every movie he has done are wonderful as far as I am concerned.
"God created man, Sam Colt made them equal."
I couldn't agree more BJGeiger. I have yet to hear one of his scores I do not enjoy.