Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blind or Deaf?
Since I've been playing the guitar for like 6 years now I'd have to choose blind, but otherwise..yea..definitely deaf
Drealm Wrote:You probably can still re-play in your head the music your memory know. You know, when we have a song stuck in our head? It could even be a kind of challenge to try to replay an entire 20 minutes composition at the same speed and without missing 1 second. Would our memory be that good? But probably by practicing a lot, we could remember whole songs.

And how do you intend to practice without hearing the 20 minutes composition?
Iota Wrote:And how do you intend to practice without hearing the 20 minutes composition?

I'm talking about a 20 minutes piece that we listened a lot before becoming deaf. So our memory (subconscious) know the whole song, but our consciousness of the moment can't remember it fluidly. So one day we would not remember a certain part we try to remember really hard; the morning after the part could just pop up in our consciousness of the moment and you can add it up to the parts you remember more because you replayed them the day before, trying to patch the missing part you just woke up with. A hard work, but probably worth it the day you can replay it completely without effort! I wonder if that's even possible.
I'm almost 100% sure my neighbours would choose to go deaf.......

But seriously, it would have to be deaf for me. At least that way I could still see the damn instrument I'm trying to play. And in any case a lot of musicians are inspired by what they see and translate that into what they hear. To not be inspired would be awful indeed.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
It's deaf for me....I'm halfway there anyway after listening to music for over 45 years !!!..lol
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Jerome Wrote:But seriously, it would have to be deaf for me. At least that way I could still see the damn instrument I'm trying to play.

??????????
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
What the Hell, make me deaf, dumb, and blind! Then I could play pinball all day long and be the Christ figure in a Who album/opera/broadway show/movie! BTW, where is the Acid Queen?
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Tiggi Wrote:I believe the Classical percissionist Evelyn Glennie is profoundly deaf, and has tended to play in bare feet so that she can feel the vibration.

And Stevie Wonder couldn't see very well...
The next most obvious to Stevie Wonder is Jose Feliciano...and isn't there a blind Italian singer these days?
Unasked and unstated is: At what age? From birth? Mid-years? Emeritus years? It makes a profound difference--not knowing anything else vs. an affliction that suddenly happens or creeps later.
Stoned deaf or blind drunk. Either will do.....
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
(20-08-2018, 12:06)Jerome Wrote: Stoned deaf or blind drunk. Either will do.....

LOL...

but I believe most of the modern so called artists are tone deaf...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deaf or Blind ?? Tiggi 5 1,600 26-02-2014, 04:16
Last Post: jazzboCR