Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apart From Music What Other Interests /Hobbies/ Things Do We All Do ?
I like reading, though haven't done much of that lately since getting Netflix back in October :tongue:, which leads me to watching movies and TV shows I've missed over the past almost 10 years of not having cable. (Currently I'm going through the West Wing on DVD and the X-Files on instant watch.)

I also like Euro strategy games like Carcassonne and Settlers of Catan, Farmville and Pet Society on Facebook :nod:, foreign languages (German is my favorite), and working on my websites.
I read quite a bit. Non-ficition, magazines and comicbooks. I don't read that many novels.

I watch a lot of movies. I try to see a movie a week either in the theater or at home. I much prefer the theater but I don't always find the time. I saw Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Män Som Hatar Kvinnor) in the theater last Saturday.

I appreciate good craft beer, fine wine and spirits. I love to eat out and try new foods. I cook some as well.

Finally, I make my living at photography.
mozartini Wrote:foreign languages (German is my favorite)

So toll ist Deutsch aber nun auch nicht.
Besides music, I enjoy postcrossing (exchanging postcards with people around the world), cycling, hiking, reading causeries and going to flea markets.
Other interests somewhat limited these days due to becoming disabled. Used to LOVE my gardening but absolute no-no now, and of course my linedancing, used to go three or four times a week, sometimes have a cry at not being able to do that!
On a brighter note, love knitting, cooking (waistline getting a bit too big though!) and hope to learn how to do quilting and use up all these pieces of materials I keep hoarding.
Sorry to hear about your disability, Em...

How about knitting us all a Music Discussion bobble hat in time for next Winter ??
Emillu Wrote:Other interests somewhat limited these days due to becoming disabled. Used to LOVE my gardening but absolute no-no now, and of course my linedancing, used to go three or four times a week, sometimes have a cry at not being able to do that!
On a brighter note, love knitting, cooking (waistline getting a bit too big though!) and hope to learn how to do quilting and use up all these pieces of materials I keep hoarding.

you and my wife would be bff's

watching Scifi on TV (Doctor Who, Torchwood, Being Human) plus other great TV drama (eg. Skins). I also like to read scifi, fantasy and also non-fiction (science and history mostly). I like to walk in natural places (mainly parks and along the canal here in Manchester but I come from the country and used to love walking in the fields - and occasionally woodlands). I also write fantasy and science fiction - and I've started volunteering for a community radio station, doing my own little music show which I love.

that's about it really. I don't get out much :-(
Emillu Wrote:... and hope to learn how to do quilting and use up all these pieces of materials I keep hoarding.

I use up scrap materials making morsbags (I have my own pod), and also doing appliqué...I've broken 3 sewing machines so far :biggrin:
pennywill Wrote:I use up scrap materials making morsbags (I have my own pod), and also doing appliqué...I've broken 3 sewing machines so far :biggrin:

What are morsbags?

Really would like to start doing something constructive with my time but can't make up my mind what!:confused:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Happy Birthday Music Discussion Jerome 3 261 27-12-2016, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  Music Mastering Guide (companion piece to Mixing guide) Homer Bluth 0 147 22-12-2016, 20:43
Last Post: Homer Bluth
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 0 147 21-12-2016, 21:16
Last Post: Homer Bluth
  Season's greetings to all music discussion members ! SteveO 0 139 21-12-2016, 16:50
Last Post: SteveO
  Music visualizers Jerome 0 274 04-07-2016, 19:20
Last Post: Jerome
  Making music a profession. Nady 5 964 29-06-2016, 18:58
Last Post: Dimitris
  Music Head's absense from MD.... CRAZY-HORSE 11 3,509 14-06-2016, 23:11
Last Post: evilB
  A study about music relation and exploration Poaz 0 436 25-02-2016, 16:04
Last Post: Poaz
  Youtube channel for Music. Jaymin Music 2 574 19-01-2016, 15:52
Last Post: Jaymin Music
  Indie music playlists (Music_Indify) Music indify 0 304 14-01-2016, 17:43