Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best Modern Day Voilinist
Who would yours be?

I enjoyed Nigel Kennedy before he went retro.

Still enjoy Maxim Vengerov, so he would be my best.
With Regards...

Anthony :coffee:
I'm not a great fan of Nigel Kennedy.

Anne-Sophie Mutter would have to be mine. She has a lovely liquid clarity to her playing (as opposed to Kennedy's scrapey sound). Her version of the Four Seasons was one of my early orchestral purchases, and it has a special place in my heart.
I don't know how popular he is, but when I went with one of my friends to see Domenico Nordio perform @ Carnegie Hall back when I was in college. Although I'm going to admit that I don't remember the entire performance, I do remember when he played The Trio opus #8 by Brahmns because my alma mater had the same piece performed a semester before by some of the music students. He also played piano that night, but it was his violin playing that was amazing. His range of emotion really stood out the most IMHO
Tiggi Wrote:Anne-Sophie Mutter would have to be mine. She has a lovely liquid clarity to her playing (as opposed to Kennedy's scrapey sound). Her version of the Four Seasons was one of my early orchestral purchases, and it has a special place in my heart.

Seconded. She's quite good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Classical influences in modern genres... samantha 11 6,915 25-05-2011, 14:48
Last Post: didgeridoo