Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats your weather like where you are?
29th sept 2010

30C, cool breeze now but humid earlier in the day, havent seen a cloud in the sky for four weeks, summer is coming early, i think. might have to go to the beach on the weekend and look for those female sea snails that apparently exist off the perth coastline....hhhmmmmm!
How can you have a cool breeze when it's 30C?! Tongue
Then again the west coast of Canada doesn't get that warm on a regular basis. We're having abnormally warm weather for October, 19C. I'm going to miss heat once the winter comes Sad
Darkest_Star Wrote:How can you have a cool breeze when it's 30C?! Tongue
Then again the west coast of Canada doesn't get that warm on a regular basis. We're having abnormally warm weather for October, 19C. I'm going to miss heat once the winter comes Sad

because this time of year the warm days in to desert still turns into cold nights, thus the weather is not hot enough to heat up the prevailing air so when it blows towards the west it is cool.
from the other direction, the ocean, most of the winds come from a southerly direction ie. antartica and the freezing southern ocean.

in a couple of months time it will reach 40C+ and in excess of 20C+ at night, this will be our lot until march/april, the winds will be hot then if they come from the desert and warm off the ocean, it gets so hot for so long that even the ocean is warm at the height of summer, then just imagine, the temperatures at night rarely drop lower that 18C and can reach 26/7C on occasions (nov-mar). and quite often its 100F by 10am and remains above that till well after sunset.
saturday 2nd oct 2010

had showers overnight and into early morning, still reached 26C during the day though
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:because this time of year the warm days in to desert still turns into cold nights, thus the weather is not hot enough to heat up the prevailing air so when it blows towards the west it is cool.
from the other direction, the ocean, most of the winds come from a southerly direction ie. antartica and the freezing southern ocean.

in a couple of months time it will reach 40C+ and in excess of 20C+ at night, this will be our lot until march/april, the winds will be hot then if they come from the desert and warm off the ocean, it gets so hot for so long that even the ocean is warm at the height of summer, then just imagine, the temperatures at night rarely drop lower that 18C and can reach 26/7C on occasions (nov-mar). and quite often its 100F by 10am and remains above that till well after sunset.

If we're playing What's My Line I'm goin' with meteorologist.

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:why do people say 'God-fearing' as God is not a fearful or vengeful God????? strange use of words byt lots of people

because the old testament god isn't exactly a touchy-feely guy? don't get me started.

(and it's raining)
CMB1888 Wrote:(and it's raining)

lol............

october 10th 2010

rain,rain,rain......how i love rain, rained all night, and so far,into the morning also,expected to rain all day....we need the rain so bad, only had half of our average rain so far this year and with summer approaching it doesnt like like we'll be blessed with much more. we rely on catchments and dams for our water supply and they are at only 38% capacity....looks like another summer of harsh restrictions on water useage again ie...watering gardens only allowed once a week(prior to 9am only),no hoses to wash vehicles,water authority lowering water pressure to homes. at least cds arent made of H2O, so we'll still be able to buy music
Although we had a brief cool spell last week of highs in the 60's F, this week we are experiencing that Indian summer thing (whatever that means).
Highs back in the mid 80's F, with nights in the upper 40's F.
I'll enjoy it while it lasts, outside.
Some harvesting to do.

today we have sunshine!!!!!!
we can conquer this great divide-hanson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What 's the weather like where you are ? gryphon 1,214 126,709 10-07-2018, 14:00
Last Post: SteveO
  Music Blogging - Whats your view? PressureBeats 9 1,324 19-03-2014, 21:41
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Christmas Weather techman 10 977 22-12-2011, 15:35
Last Post: TraceNspace