Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest All-Around Musician of All Time
i think the greatest musicians of all time is Michal Jackson he is real entertainer.
Frank Iero
The greatest artist’s are a combination of huge confidence and massive insecurity
-AP Interviewer
Sir Paul McCartney
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Would you all be too offended if I declared J.S. Bach or Franz Liszt as the greatest all-round musician of all time?
Not at all! MD is all about sharing music and music lovers views...an interesting choice ...most people would go to rock but the thread didn't mention a genre so your selection is appropriate...and to be truthful, hard to argue with! Bach or Liszt..can't decide ?
Bellini48 Wrote:Would you all be too offended if I declared J.S. Bach or Franz Liszt as the greatest all-round musician of all time?
Then I go even further back and declare Claudio Monteverdi as the greatest musician of all time. Oh, and I forgot Palestrina. So there. I can't really decide. They were all such greats!!!!
were people like Bach etc musicians or simply composers?, or maybe both?

hey, i heard a joke the other day:

Arnold Schwartzenegger and Sylvester Stallone were doing an audition to play a classic composer in a new movie, the director couldnt decide who to pick for the role so he asked each of them who they would like to portray...
Stallone answers first and says "i want to play Mozart"
"great choice" says the director,"you got it sly"
he then asks Arnold the same question..."and if given the role who would you play?"
after some intense thought, Arnold replies...."i'll be Bach!"

LMAO!!!!!
Nice joke, thanks. On Schwartzenegger, you're absolutely right. But to return to the discourse. These great composers weren't just composers. They were excellent instrumentalists, and improvisors. They were able to make up their music immediately, and it sounded fantastic.
But if you want my opinion on a modern all-time musician, I'd point to Paul Simon. Or Peter Gabriel. Or even David Gilmour. Then I'd proceed to mention Duke Ellington. Bill Evans. Coltrane. Hans Zimmer. Ennio Morricone. Micheal Giacchino, who wrote the soundtrack to Ratatouille, and was great. Henry Mancini with THE PINK PANTHER. And so on...I can't say there's just ONE all-time fantastic musician. There are MANY. I really don't have an all-time favourite. Bye, Crazy-Horse. And more jokes are welcome....
Monteverdi's Vespers are unbelievable listening !...sounds so modern for something composed over 500 years ago!
Bellini48 Wrote:Then I go even further back and declare Claudio Monteverdi as the greatest musician of all time. Oh, and I forgot Palestrina. So there. I can't really decide. They were all such greats!!!!
Oh yes, so right, SteveO. He was amazing. The founder of accompanied monody, of the more modern concept of Opera.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Musician Deaths - 2018 Ruby 35 1,186 15-06-2018, 04:31
Last Post: SteveO
  Musician Deaths - 2017 Music Head 95 7,421 08-01-2018, 09:45
Last Post: Ruby
  top 1000 songs of all time: CRAZY-HORSE 2 269 20-04-2017, 21:22
Last Post: SteveO
  A great recording opportunity to help those that can't afford to book studio time Ocean Recording Studio 0 227 14-10-2016, 15:52
Last Post: Ocean Recording Studio
  A must for Musician kefmawin 0 291 21-09-2016, 22:55
Last Post: kefmawin
  "Pancakes, ****, Credit Card Fraud!"-I killed the rap game this time pizzapalooza 12 898 25-08-2016, 20:07
Last Post: pizzapalooza
  Find some time To Give Some Listen Here! mrsvend3245 2 430 22-07-2016, 00:39
Last Post: mrsvend3245
  Releasing music without permission of session musician bennik91 6 1,366 15-06-2016, 04:04
Last Post: bob_32_116
  2 time Grammy winner Rick St. Hilaire co-engineered my music HawkDaNoob 0 381 13-02-2016, 00:56
Last Post: HawkDaNoob
  That Gutter Sh!t- One of the best rap songs of all time by Craigenstein yeasin7 0 376 18-09-2015, 12:09
Last Post: yeasin7