Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I love the blues
British blues is alive and kicking. Ge out to your local blues club and check out our home grown talent.

Ian Seigal is the best original bluesman this country has produced for years. He writes his own stuff and has done the busking rounds of Europe.

www.iansiegal.com

The Spikedrivers are another blues outfit that are under rated.

www.spikedrivers.co.uk/

Of the old british blues kings take a llok at Stan Webb's Chicken shack and of course Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac (Dead Bust Blues is best bootleg album ever).

Best ever???? Otis Rush - It Takes Tme

Peter Green - I'm Gonna Give Up Livin & Go shopping instead (All over Again)

Check out both on U Tube.

I want to set up a proper blues club in Kent based on the House of Blues formula, but I think there is an uphill battle in getting people from in front of computers and TV's and supporting real music.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be!!!!!! Get out there and support the blues, don't just keep the memory alive!
hi i just signed up to say that music is everything to me, it simply is everything to me.
to say i love blues is an understatment. i really feel it. its like a wave of tingeling feelings spread through my body and make such a beautiful emotion. not an emotion as in happy or sad, just a amazing sensation, one that really picks you up and slams the vibrations of the music down right inside you.
it can make you cry or make you clap your hands and tap your feet as the almost nostalgic feel grips you. its the feel of your heart pumping in your chest.
when i play blues im not thinking about what notes next! im not even thinking at all, im just feeling it and what comes out is just an extention of me, the real me! the me that no one knows becuase i cant even start to explian it in words. simpley amazing!
im not at all religious, but if there is a god he would be have made the whole world while listening to the future sounds of lightnin' hopkins

wow, dont really know where that came from. just had to say that.

james
[Image: lightninpo.jpg]
[Image: lightninearly.jpg]
Nice intro, James. I think you've expressed yourself pretty well, but what other artists set you on fire ??

Tell us more...
ha, thanks i get a bit carried away sometimes.

well right now son house is really lightning my fire, paul butterfield! just watching an amazing video on youtube of paul butterfield! clapton too, i just bought an amazing clapton CD (£5!!) its a collection of some blues hes done. LA women by the doors, now thats a good album! canned heat as well (london blues is one of my favourate songs), booker T and the MGs

and of course some of the classics robert johnson, muddy, john lee hooker, fred mcdowel.....you know stuff like that!

cheers t' blues :coffee:
sarahsmile Wrote:Here, here! I don't know how anyone can not like (and especially not respect!) fine blues musicians.

I think you had asked for some new finds, so here's one. Elvin Bishop's got a new album coming out featuring B.B. King, Derek Trucks, George Thorogood, just to name a few. Sounds like it's gonna be a great one!

well, it's official. Bishop's "The Blues Rolls On" has been nominated for a Grammy! Best Traditional Blues Album!
John Mayer gets really bluesy, you guys should check out some of his blues stuff, hes an amazing blues guitar player
“If you have to ask what jazz is, you'll never know.
-- Louis Armstrong

UMGD
soulkat9 Wrote:John Mayer gets really bluesy, you guys should check out some of his blues stuff, he's an amazing blues guitar player
Far be it for me to suggest as much but do I detect an agenda to promote John Mayer here.
The man is a very fine guitar player and has played at least one, if not both, Crossroads Guitar Festivals but an "amazing blues guitar player" he is not. Yes, he can play Blues, but essentially he is yet another of the lightning fast 'hot rod guitarists' that seem to come primarily from the U.S. these days, play a few Blues tunes and are immediately described as the next greatest thing in Blues by their recording companies and I'm afraid that is what this is beginning to seem like more and more. :confused:
Mayer and his ilk have large enough publicity machines behind them to be able to promote their artists with paid advertising if that is the case and if it isn't then I do apologise.
Beachie
www.beachblues.org
http://au.youtube.com/beachblues

Enjoy the fruits of life, for the fruits of death are few. (©Rod Jeffery 1990)
What are some blues guitarists that you like, Beach? I'm ashamed to say that I haven't really dug much into blues... Though I do have a Robert Johnson album lying around on my PC somewhere.
[URL="http://www.fictionpress.com/%7Edoriane"]
[/URL]
trbc08 Wrote:What are some blues guitarists that you like, Beach? I'm ashamed to say that I haven't really dug much into blues... Though I do have a Robert Johnson album lying around on my PC somewhere.
Don't be ashamed mate! There are many jazz players whom I haven't "dug much into" either.
It's far too easy to say who is better than whom in any form but, among those that I really enjoy there are my own guitarists over the years including Gary Dale, Will Irving, Matt Ross, Matt Dwyer, (the late) Rodney 'Eddy' Edwards and Murray Osborne. Others that I know personally and have played with include 'Blind Dog Donny' Burke, Geoff Achison, Paul Wookey, Mal Eastick, Phil Manning, Jeff King, Lez Karski (Lez was actually in British band Supercharge before moving to OZ), Tony Pedrosa, Harvey Fisk, Glen Terry, Christo Carlsen and the list goes ever on.
Robert Johnson is at the top of my list as are 'Son' House, Hubert Sumlin and many others. Truth is my friend, it really is very much a personal preference. :wink:
Beachie
www.beachblues.org
http://au.youtube.com/beachblues

Enjoy the fruits of life, for the fruits of death are few. (©Rod Jeffery 1990)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW SINGLE: Morrissey ft: Billie Joe Armstrong "wedding bell blues" CRAZY-HORSE 0 132 25-04-2019, 13:06
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW SINGLE: Lukas Graham - Love Someone Music Head 1 315 11-01-2019, 15:14
  NEW ALBUM: Michael Buble - Love Music Head 2 460 30-11-2018, 03:45
Last Post: SteveO
  NEW ALBUM: Tony Bennett & Diana Krall - Love Is Here To Stay Music Head 1 434 28-09-2018, 20:00
  NEW SINGLE: Ringo Starr "give more love" CRAZY-HORSE 0 404 24-04-2018, 12:12
  NEW SINGLE: Elvis Costello "i'll still love you" CRAZY-HORSE 0 424 09-04-2018, 16:35
  NEW ALBUM: Marlon Williams "make way for love" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,014 17-02-2018, 14:16
  NEW SINGLE: Chris Rea "angel of love" CRAZY-HORSE 0 576 06-10-2017, 03:52
  John Mayer - Love On The Weekend Music Head 1 756 02-12-2016, 18:51
Last Post: uncle salty
  Pianist Marika Takeuchi Is A Top Airplay Artist Who Radio Programmers Love Eugena 0 831 17-05-2016, 22:54
Last Post: Eugena