Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Our Taste In Costume Drama ?
Small silver discs are often spun in the gryphon household and sometimes , they contain something a little different from just music

At the moment I'm ploughing may way through the 1980s BBC epic "The Onedin Line "

what's your taste in this sphere ?:eek::biggrin:Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
I have none.

I do remember dressing up as a vampire once for Halloween, and scaring people.

Mrs Tiggi is a costume drama fanatic, so I get to see most of the UK productions.

The Crimson Petal & the White is the latest from the Beeb, and we're just waiting for the last of four episodes to record on PVR before starting to watch.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
"costume drama" is a term that is not used here? please explain just what it is for me.
I guess this is a UK English term

In Europe (and I believe North America) Many major TV channels dramatize classic works using authentic location, current serious actors and of course relevant lavish sets and costumes..................I believe some of the leaders in the field are BBC CBC and ZDT although I have seen quite a few others.....................

Most classic books have been done as have many not so classic but interesting ones too.Cool
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
thank you for your response....sounds interesting, not sure anything like this has been on our tv's but im sure dvd's would be available here....
then again maybe they are on tv, i mainly stick to Nat Geo,Crime,Music,Sport and family/entertainment channels.