Thread Rating:
  • 16 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Track I'm Listening To Is.......................
From Night of Hunters ... very unusual album - cleverly done. 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
^^
nice song
“Sgt Pepper did its thing it was the album of the decade, maybe the Century. 
It was innovative with great songs, I’m glad I was on it but the ‘White’ album ended up a better album for me.” Ringo Starr
If I didn't know, I can't imagine that I'd ever guess this was Pat Metheny & Co - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAcr39zCvqM - a major departure from their norm. 

And there's another interesting track on this album - played by Pat on a 42 string guitar called a Pikasso. Not the most aesthetically pleasing instrument I've ever seen despite its name being inspired by Pablo's painting! It seems to do what it was intended to do though - designed and built by a luthier named Linda Manzer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYZm2KcgIWw

[Image: 220px-Pikasso_Guitar_%28lowres%29.jpg]

Interesting album ... love this one ... rapturous sounds ... 

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Just found a live clip of "Into the Dream" ... it's mathematical ... 

Just when you think you've seen and heard it all Ruby comes up with this! You never fail to surprise me my dear. Must be a nightmare to keep all those strings in tune.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
^It was a surprise to me too - I had thought the mohan veena was a pretty complex instrument! All I can imagine is that Pat Metheny and that luthier lady must also be wired very differently to most people!! 

From Patty Griffin's self title album ... "Luminous Places" ... 

i reckon i would be 100% sure that no one here would not agree that these two are undeniable rock classics:

and of course....Jelly Bowl

It was innovative with great songs, I’m glad I was on it but the ‘White’ album ended up a better album for me.” Ringo Starr
was just looking on Youtube and this one came up on my feed...

The Killers' Brandon Flowers covering the old R+B song that George Harrison made famous:

James Ray's original:  James Ray - Got My Mind Set On You - YouTube

and the song was primed for a Weird Al cover:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Listening ridiculous number of times to same recording. SophiaL 6 1,816 14-03-2020, 10:16
Last Post: Jerome
  What in your opinion makes a piece of music an outstanding track ? gryphon 19 4,734 31-10-2019, 18:17
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Beautiful & Emotional Anime Soundtracks I'm Listening koukei 0 792 29-12-2016, 02:20
Last Post: koukei
  Rolling Stones on track for 9th #1 album in UK: CRAZY-HORSE 5 1,472 05-12-2016, 04:04
  What song are you listening to right now? nka 1 1,074 04-09-2016, 08:00
  Amazing Free Royalty Free Music #8 - Run Amok (Comedy Track!) MusicForTheDay 4 2,216 22-07-2016, 21:26
Last Post: jerseycat
  Music Study Listening Tests! ANYONE? jdalgl201 0 838 17-02-2016, 21:12
Last Post: jdalgl201
  Making a backing track (Piano + xylophone) Martin_Dolezal 0 1,119 20-01-2016, 17:40
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal
  Making a piano+xylphone backing track (Lady Gaga performance) Martin_Dolezal 0 790 19-01-2016, 18:13
Last Post: Martin_Dolezal
  Live track captured at the Manor Park Studio! Video in full HD Muso1070 1 1,140 17-12-2015, 21:02
Last Post: Muso1070