PATSY CLINE  "crazy: the greatest hits"  cd,  2014:

the first lady of country.....
compilation, two disc set...
fifty tracks overall...
mainly the singles we all know...
brilliant set of REAL country music...

its impossible to not post this track when thinking of Patsy:

Happy to see you really like Patsy CH  Smile None no better in country Smile
I was just a kid when I started listening to Patsy and have been a fan all these years.
yes Linda.....
but Loretta is my favourite.
I know.
I like Loretta too except for some of her later songs like The Pill and such. Did not care for that one.
A clip from Colin Masson’s upcoming album, Anvil of the North. As far as I know, he (aka Carel de Winter) does his own artwork and animation, and made this video, and he says “…for those of you that might be concerned that I have suffered a lapse of musical judgement, (most) of the rest of the album doesn't sound like this at all.”

While this seems to be based on a traditional folk song, I expect the rest of the album to be along similar lines to his others then, i.e. of the prog rock persuasion, and look greatly forward to hearing what he's come up with this time!

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
(02-12-2017, 14:32)Ruby Wrote: A clip from Colin Masson’s upcoming album, Anvil of the North. As far as I know, he (aka Carel de Winter) does his own artwork and animation, and made this video, and he says “…for those of you that might be concerned that I have suffered a lapse of musical judgement, (most) of the rest of the album doesn't sound like this at all.”

While this seems to be based on a traditional folk song, I expect the rest of the album to be along similar lines to his others then, i.e. of the prog rock persuasion, and look greatly forward to hearing what he's come up with this time!

not sure how, but I previously missed this post Ruby....absolutely brilliant IMO, looking forward to the new album,
love the previous three I own!

[Image: 220px-Dragonfly_by_Kasey_Chambers.jpg]

KASEY CHAMBERS  "dragonfly"  cd,  2017:

Kasey's eleventh and my nineth...
not sure how I missed the other two I don't own though???...
a double album this time round for this Aussie country gal....
so, a double set, no filler whatsoever, an unusual quality for double albums...
lots of folk, country (as I n traditional country, not the modern BS!), bluegrass,
folk/country ballads etc...
Aussie alt-rocker/folky Paul Kelly plays a big part here, either by co-writing, playing
on the tracks or even the solitary vocal performance...
even Keith turns up for a track....
superb album from Kasey, and its fast becoming my favourite of hers without a shadow of doubt!

(13-12-2017, 08:09)CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 14:32)Ruby Wrote: A clip from Colin Masson’s upcoming album, Anvil of the North. As far as I know, he (aka Carel de Winter) does his own artwork and animation, and made this video, and he says “…for those of you that might be concerned that I have suffered a lapse of musical judgement, (most) of the rest of the album doesn't sound like this at all.”

not sure how, but I previously missed this post Ruby....absolutely brilliant IMO, looking forward to the new album,
love the previous three I own!

[Image: 220px-Dragonfly_by_Kasey_Chambers.jpg]

KASEY CHAMBERS  "dragonfly"  cd,  2017:

Kasey's eleventh and my nineth...
not sure how I missed the other two I don't own though???...
a double album this time round for this Aussie country gal....
so, a double set, no filler whatsoever, an unusual quality for double albums...
lots of folk, country (as I n traditional country, not the modern BS!), bluegrass,
folk/country ballads etc...
Aussie alt-rocker/folky Paul Kelly plays a big part here, either by co-writing, playing
on the tracks or even the solitary vocal performance...
even Keith turns up for a track....
superb album from Kasey, and its fast becoming my favourite of hers without a shadow of doubt!

from the album:
[Image: 51RQHM2njvL._AC_US218_.jpg]

TEDDY THOMPSON & KELLY JONES  "little windows"  cd,  2106

Teddy is the son of UK folkies Richard and Linda Thompson...
Kelly is an American folkie, not the lead vocalist from Stereophonics....
album is country in places, folky in others...
some lovely harmonies in the vein of Phil and Don...
also has the same feel as Buddy's slower tracks in places (true love ways etc....)
not a bad album, pleasant music to relax by...

the lead off single, and my favourite track:

love it mate
thank you

you didn't pick up the typo mate (neither did I...) album was released in 2016 and not 2106 LMAO!
[Image: 220px-Willie_and_the_Boys.jpg]

WILLIE NELSON & THE BOYS  "willie's stash: volume II"

career stats:
studio albums.............72
OST albums..................2
collaboration albums....27
that's 101 albums of recorded material not including live/compilation sets for Willie....
this one is a collaboration with sons Lukas and Micah who form the backbone of Promise Of The Real,
who have released two studio albums and a live set with Neil Young....
anyway,
a covers set here of country standards, seven of the twelve being Hank Williams classics...
not a bad track on here and on album 101 Willie shows he has still "got it"  not only with his music but also
with his world famous quality stash...

from the album:

Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park - fantabulous live album.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Chris Thile - Thanks for Listening Ruby 3 149 30-01-2018, 21:15
Last Post: Ruby
  Johnny Flynn - Been Listening Music Head 1 865 01-11-2010, 19:29
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE