• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sixty Two............Welcome 2 My Nightmare...........Alice Cooper
This time I have taken a sequel from a well known artist

Loved the first one ..........

So here is number two

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=989&d=1315581550]

and the link

http://www.filesonic.nl/file/1824834944/...htmare.rar
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
[FONT=&amp]Alice Cooper …………Welcome 2 My Nightmare[/FONT]
Back in the seventies Alice Cooper quite Warner Bros records and set himself up on a small label called Anchor, It look as if he had made a miscalculation: He had risen to be a big Metal star on Warner and had made some excellent albums .The debut on Anchor was the original Welcome to my Nightmare and Alice proved the skeptics wrong. The album had several hit singles and made Alice the doyen of The Women’s liberation movement. So, what has he got in store for us now ?

Track One
I Am Made Of You Yet again Alice uses two things , the Tubular Bellsesque start and the menacing disturbed mind and with 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century technology and more experience, this is a worse feeling than the first time. So far it is looking good !

Track Two
Caffiene This ain’t like no cup of coffee I’ve ever had ! Instead it looks as if he’s been to the ELP coffee shop riding his vintage chopper, he’s mean and as bad as he has always been …………..vintage Alice!

Track Three
The Nightmare Returns …………There are echoes of the nightmare featuring Steven here,

Track Four
A Runaway Train This sounds like a ghost train on CD (or MP3 ) fast furious and frightening……or is it just a fast blues track ? Listen and see !

Track Five
Last Man On Earth Vaudeville Alice, is a character played to good affect by Alice and here is another example .

Track Six
The Congregation A fitting song title for the son of a preacher man ( Maybe that should be a song title LOL!) This one seems sound at first but after a while I was wondering if we had a filler here ? Sounds vaguely as if Alice was thinking about The Who’s Tommy here because it would fit in better there than here ! Still I liked the ending……………..it shows a sense of humour!!

]Track Seven
I’ll Bite Your Face Off Alice on his best behavior here ? Well it’s a solid enough rocker , a good well crafted song but we are not really into a concept album of nightmares here !

Track Eight
Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever A nod to more resent musical trends ………..this is almost a disco rap………….Sounds like it belongs on some backwater TV channel for teenagers

Track Nine
Ghouls Gone Wild Alice Beach Boy!( Ghouls out ???????????)

Track Ten
Something To Remember Me By I wondered in 1970 what Alice would be doing in 2010 , this track suggest it will be Vagas! It’s not bad but, it’s rather like The Bay City Rollers / late 60s Elvis

Track Eleven
When Hell Come Home Back to some metal, a pounding riff and some interesting lyrics , but somehow it can’t really cut the mustard.

Track Twelve
What Baby Wants Alice has visited the 80s here for the production here, there is some menace but, somehow Alice is no longer scary, he is just a plastic imitation.

Track Thirteen I
Gotta Get Out Of Here Tolling bell beginning , then a more rock-a-billy part follows. Sounds nice but is that what I should expect from this man ?

Track Fourteen
The Underture I’m sure Alice got a copy of Tommy by The Who for his last birthday, couple that with him listening to his old tapes and you get the picture……………………..

I’m not too sure that this lived up to the first version’s legendary status, somehow Alice lost his way half way through this one . All the signatures are there , but somehow, it just don’t work !Perhaps it’s time for another round of golf Alice !:frown:Cool

I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
LIke they say, "Opinions are like...", well, you know. It is our second listening today, and I think it is a great follow-on to the original, and Cooper's best work in a couple of decades. The writing is strong, the playing is just over the top enough, and Cooper is in fine voice. Oh, and I saw him perform Nightmare live with Vincent Price, so I understand it is a stage show soundtrack, and can easily envison how it may well look when Alice hits the road with this new Nightmare.
BTW, he plays a round every day, which is how he can be well into his sixties, and still kick ass!
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
Seriously, not to flame you, but I do not believe you understand the purpose of the Underture in "Nightmare 2"? Unlike "Tommy", this is a look back at the first album which many people may not have ever heard beyond "Only Women Bleed" on AM radio. The Underture in Tommy is more like a non-related musical bridge between two acts.
On our third listening... this is a very good album, and ALL my freinds from my days in Rock & Roll radio are in awe. A well crafted album in the classic sense. IMHO.
You can live in staunch denile and mark me as your enemy, but I'm just a voice among the throng who want a brighter destiny, and say with me, "We are the New America!" -Greg Graffin
I'm here to provoke discussion !!!!

I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
Alice tours here every year....why? primarily to play golf in australia.
he plays at one here in Perth in a coastal suberb called Secret Harbour on an annual basis...i believe he has a handicap of close to "5", so he could be a pro if he chose to.
And I am here to discuss with you my friend! Like I said, we all have opinions, and it is an honor to occasionally butt heads with learned folks! (Remember, I am in the US, where the dumbing down has been on for years. Besides, I view your efforts here as integral, and thank you for having the balls to post a review first! You are not a follower! Keep it up bro!
Although the review isn't spectacular, I think I will buy this to go with my original vinyl of the first one. Thank you for the great review, very thorough!
Where would a newbie request a review at?
Ronnie Knowles Wrote:Although the review isn't spectacular, I think I will buy this to go with my original vinyl of the first one. Thank you for the great review, very thorough!
Where would a newbie request a review at?
PM gryphon.

Excellent review, Gryph !!!!

You"ll never get a more detailed and thorough review than yours ! Many so called professional reviews are very sparse and sketchy at best !!!!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sixty Three................Music by TomaszLewandowski gryphon 28 13,779 30-05-2012, 13:45
Last Post: Mrrusty1
  Sixty Four................. Kathleen Edwards..................Voyageur gryphon 2 2,081 31-12-2011, 20:04
Last Post: gryphon
  Sixty..............Dave Stewart............The Blackbird Diaries gryphon 11 4,693 27-09-2011, 14:57
Last Post: Lyndsay26
  Sixty One............Infinity...........Matt 22 gryphon 2 2,759 20-08-2011, 15:51
Last Post: Matt 22
  Alice In Chains Best Album Poll - 1 of 1 Music Head 15 6,261 04-06-2011, 19:03
Last Post: euphonasia