Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message From Chris Simpson of Magna Carta
Hi to all

I'm impressed with what I see on MD .....................It's nice to see a Beginners Guide to Magna Carta and to see that I have some fans in The US and Australia ........

Thanks for the support !
Nice to be able to go back to trust and friendship!!!!!!!!!

It's a mixed up sensation this being alive
Oh! it wears a man down into the ground
It's the strangest elation
I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
Don't forget Canada, Chris !!!....lol...just logged in at 11:19 pm..bit of a nighthawk..oh well it's Friday night !!!

Any plans for a new album soon ? What do you recommend as a great live album by Magna Carta ?

Seasons and Lord of the Ages are masterpieces as I have stated on MD (Gryph knows) !!!! I did an amateur review of Seasons and I am still wondering who the female singer is ?... unless it's a male falsetto ?

A question for you - Who does the brilliant narration on the albums ??? I read that it was used as an English syllabus in some European schools !!!!

Songs From Wasties Orchard garnered a 4.5 / 5 rating by All Music !!! Were you aware of this ?

Finally did you ever meet any of the Beatles (I think Gryph said you knew George quite well) and what were your impressions of him or them ?

All the best in the future and keep making great music !!!

SteveO

gryphon Wrote:Hi to all

I'm impressed with what I see on MD .....................It's nice to see a Beginners Guide to Magna Carta and to see that I have some fans in The US and Australia ........

Thanks for the support !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
its good to see a muso actually takes the time with the "average people"....well done Chris
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

check in with us every once in awhile Chris
we're a friendly bunch of blokes

I'll chat with Chris soon and ask him the questions

I can give you a few answers...............Lord Of The Ages ..............The Spoken part is Glen Stuart !

The later ones are Dr Andrew Jackson who is apart time actor and lives in Grassington in Yorkshire which was the next village on from Chris.

Lord of The Ages was featured in an International GCSE English paper.

I'll have a chat with him about the rest !

I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.
.............................Chris Simpson ( "Mixed Up Sensations" 1975 Martin's Cafe )
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:its good to see a muso actually takes the time with the "average people"....well done Chris

Hey CH - who you calling average? - my IQ is almost up to room temperature.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:Hey CH - who you calling average? - my IQ is almost up to room temperature.

i did guess your IQ...afterall, since listening to Animals and WYWH mine has dropped from 135(yes it actually is!) to around 90 so its pretty obvious yours is a lot lower my friend!
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

celsius or fahrenheit ????...lol

Jerome Wrote:Hey CH - who you calling average? - my IQ is almost up to room temperature.
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
SteveO Wrote:celsius or fahrenheit ????...lol

Kelvin!!!!!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Chris did get back to me.........

He did meet both George and Ringo during the recording of "Back Off Boogaloo " He says that he spent a couple of hours with them and they got on well. He was impressed by gentle a human being George was and how good he was as a guitarist . Ringo had the sense of a leader and was a mature Man's man with a good sense of humour.

Songs From Wasties Orchard garnered a 4.5 / 5 rating by All Music !!! Were you aware of this ? No he as not and is falttered.

The Falsetto voice on Seasons is Glen Stuart who is supposed to have a five octave range in his voice..................pause for some laughter from Chris................When pressed for other female voices on one or two other early albums Chris would not comment...............................

I can't describe it
Oh it leaves a man weary
It makes a man frown.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Chris Brown denied Australian Visa.... CRAZY-HORSE 0 862 27-09-2015, 01:51
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Magna Carta in Holland in Oct 2011 ( Sadly in Dutch but a few good pictures ) gryphon 0 663 19-10-2011, 15:30
Last Post: gryphon
  Cody Simpson Vs Justin Bieber Mona200 4 1,668 29-09-2011, 03:21
Last Post: SteveO
  Cody Simpson Mona200 0 628 17-06-2011, 07:06
Last Post: Mona200
  An open Message To Techman gryphon 1 976 26-11-2010, 08:55
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Rihanna v Chris Brown wannahearit 0 1,343 18-02-2009, 22:20
Last Post: wannahearit
  Chris Cornell and Timbaland... Sunshower 0 1,392 28-07-2008, 03:17
Last Post: Sunshower