Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is 'house' music?
PennyLane Wrote:Whenever I am asked that question I simply reply with " what they play at clubs" or more recently " what they play on the Jersey Shore". Either way... I am not a fan.

At last - a new generation that can see past the crap we have been subjected to over the last 15 years. There is hope.....
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Jerome Wrote:At last - a new generation that can see past the crap we have been subjected to over the last 15 years. There is hope.....
It is my hopes, to change my generation, and future generations...for the common good of course.
Keef Rob Wrote:Hmm, I'd best be moving on then, because many of the comments in this one thread from people who do not listen to house strike me as near-slags. Maybe I'll see you around.

Hold on, let me get my dictionary

Keef Rob Wrote:Hmm, I'd best be moving on then, because many of the comments in this one thread from people who do not listen to house strike me as near-slags. Maybe I'll see you around.

surely music is all about "opinion" Keef???

i like things you obviously would not like and vica-versa....makes no difference to me one bit mate, at the end of the day its only music and no-one agrees with everyone 100% of the time, crap man!...even Music Head and myself disagree on occasions, but really, who cares, as long as we all get a 'buzz' or 'feel good' with music it has done its job overall
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:surely music is all about "opinion" Keef???

i like things you obviously would not like and vica-versa....makes no difference to me one bit mate, at the end of the day its only music and no-one agrees with everyone 100% of the time, crap man!...even Music Head and myself disagree on occasions, but really, who cares, as long as we all get a 'buzz' or 'feel good' with music it has done its job overall

You know, music is a great thing. It connects people like other things can't and it prompts raw emotion and thought. Whatever type of music makes you feel is fine. And with that said, everyone can have their own opinions. I don't like house music, but I am sure you, keef, don't like folk. So enjoy what it is whatnot does and how it makes you feel and that is it.
PennyLane Wrote:It is my hopes, to change my generation, and future generations...for the common good of course.

As you said before, for you House it is what "play in club" or even worst, what they play in jersey shore. I don´t wanna be offensive, but you really don´t know anything of house music (ok, you already assumed it). And for Jerome, who I think related house music with the "crap of last 15 years", I assume that too don´t know too much of this style.

Currently what they play in most of clubs (at least those popular and famous, in USA), and on the jersey shore, it is too far away of the house music (wich some people thinks that is everything electronic with 4x4 beats). The real house music, nowadays don´t play in radios or TV, and is played just on a feel clubs.

Of course that, as occur in most of generes, House also have some craps, some commercial stuff...but, it is not what represent the style.

I don´t wanna try to "force" you to like the style... if you do not, OK. what I´m trying to tell, is that some people can judge a style, without even know it.

Fortunately, this genre can be not so popular nowadays (specially in USA), but still keep a strong cene going on, with great new stuffs been released, specially in deep house and progressive house in my opinion...
fabio_l Wrote:As you said before, for you House it is what "play in club" or even worst, what they play in jersey shore. I don´t wanna be offensive, but you really don´t know anything of house music (ok, you already assumed it). And for Jerome, who I think related house music with the "crap of last 15 years", I assume that too don´t know too much of this style.

Currently what they play in most of clubs (at least those popular and famous, in USA), and on the jersey shore, it is too far away of the house music (wich some people thinks that is everything electronic with 4x4 beats). The real house music, nowadays don´t play in radios or TV, and is played just on a feel clubs.

Of course that, as occur in most of generes, House also have some craps, some commercial stuff...but, it is not what represent the style.

I don´t wanna try to "force" you to like the style... if you do not, OK. what I´m trying to tell, is that some people can judge a style, without even know it.

Fortunately, this genre can be not so popular nowadays (specially in USA), but still keep a strong cene going on, with great new stuffs been released, specially in deep house and progressive house in my opinion...

I was relaying that information based on solely on the fact that when I have asked people what it was that is what they have told me. Or when they are referring to something in a club ( which I try to avoid) and they scream over the beats "THIS IS GREAT HOUSE MUSIC!". But of course, I am only talking about in America, because that is what I know. But I never said that I know about house music.
I appreciate ALL music! My brain and or mind changes to a different gear so that's why I may like Tiesto for awhile and then switch to say Johhny Cash!...lol...today I am immersed in jazz!
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
Let's just say that that old Jefferson Starship song "Stairway To Cleveland" comes to mind when I see what passes for respectful comments. Check the lyrics and you might see what I see. I should move on before I give the same retort that that song does.
NIce............

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apart From Music What Other Interests /Hobbies/ Things Do We All Do ? gryphon 30 3,922 09-05-2017, 02:38
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Happy Birthday Music Discussion Jerome 3 269 27-12-2016, 12:29
Last Post: Music Head
  Music Mastering Guide (companion piece to Mixing guide) Homer Bluth 0 156 22-12-2016, 20:43
Last Post: Homer Bluth
  Learning about music mixing Homer Bluth 0 158 21-12-2016, 21:16
Last Post: Homer Bluth
  Season's greetings to all music discussion members ! SteveO 0 151 21-12-2016, 16:50
Last Post: SteveO
  Music visualizers Jerome 0 286 04-07-2016, 19:20
Last Post: Jerome
  Making music a profession. Nady 5 979 29-06-2016, 18:58
Last Post: Dimitris
  Music Head's absense from MD.... CRAZY-HORSE 11 3,526 14-06-2016, 23:11
Last Post: evilB
  A study about music relation and exploration Poaz 0 454 25-02-2016, 16:04
Last Post: Poaz
  Youtube channel for Music. Jaymin Music 2 577 19-01-2016, 15:52
Last Post: Jaymin Music