Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'll have another scratched from the belmont stakes!
[video=youtube;6AAivdpjiV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AAivdpjiV0[/video]

Dreadful news that the three year old Kentucky bred colt I'll Have Another was scratched from today's Belmont Stakes. No triple crown winner again...a 34 year drought!

I have always thought that the horse is the most beautiful animal in the world with its' raw beauty and powerful running ability in full stride!

I was really looking forward to this race today however the decision to retire I'll Have Another was a smart one as he had the onset of tendonitis. The jockey had his tenureship in Vancouver for the past six years and the horse was owned by a Windsor, Ontario businessman for a Canadian connection.

It's a sad day for all Canadians and all horse racing enthusiasts!
[Image: 11e972ee418cafa89475b4204fcb.jpg]
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
speaking of horses...

Black Caviar is an aussie horse, has won 21 group 1 races in a row...more than any other thoroughbred anywhere in the world apparently, its now on its way to the UK to races in their summer carnival, not sure it would make it 22 in a row after a long flight,then aclimatising to the conditions out there but time will tell
I'm still stuck on Secretariat

Amazing story and horse, Crazy - Horse!
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:speaking of horses...

Black Caviar is an aussie horse, has won 21 group 1 races in a row...more than any other thoroughbred anywhere in the world apparently, its now on its way to the UK to races in their summer carnival, not sure it would make it 22 in a row after a long flight,then aclimatising to the conditions out there but time will tell
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
Music Head Wrote:I'm still stuck on Secretariat

i'll let you know when i find and watch the dvd, still looking for it,and it has been released heree so, shouldnt be long!
look SteveO...im not into horse racing,prefer Harness Racing, but here's a link for Black Caviar's "world record win race"

[video=youtube;wEHnPEV1j_o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEHnPEV1j_o[/video]
here's my favourite Harness Racer "village kid" in action in the coverted "miracle mile" race many years ago...
his race record was something like 160 races, 90 something wins and 40 odd other 2nd and 3rd finishes, and he was still winning group-1 races when he retired at age 16....sadly he died the other week at the ripe old age of 31!!!!!

theres two minutes of crap before the race, Village Kid is the horse closest to the barrier(#1), leads the whole way from start to finish...!

[video=youtube;IziJgH7kbkc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IziJgH7kbkc[/video]