Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 5 Average
concerts thread.
ok, saw nickelback last night with Dani....
as you guys know, their studio albums rarely get a pass mark from me here on the forum, but as a live act......'they rock', very good intenese performance,
probably not quite as heavy as i thought they would be live, but solid nonetheless, Chad Kroeger's vocals are sublime live, holding up the intensity for over 2hrs....
all up, a decent score of 7.5/10 as a live band.....

next up....Neil & CH in march.
glad you folks enjoyed Canada's Nickelback ! I knew they'd be great live !
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
It's been way too long since i've been to a big concert, but i've had a lot fun going to "Jam Nights" at local bars recently
The most recent concert i saw was Black Veil Brides with Asking Alexandra, Hollywood Undead, and Avenged Sevenfold. Actually they all were amazing. BVB was alittle pitchy and Hollywood Undead was off at some points but both really great. Asking and Avenged Sevenfold sounded like they were not off at all, they lived up to there names
Welcome aboard MD, kissmecannibal ! What do you think of Opeth, Blind Guardian, Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree and Stratovarious ?
kissmecannibal Wrote:The most recent concert i saw was Black Veil Brides with Asking Alexandra, Hollywood Undead, and Avenged Sevenfold. Actually they all were amazing. BVB was alittle pitchy and Hollywood Undead was off at some points but both really great. Asking and Avenged Sevenfold sounded like they were not off at all, they lived up to there names
I acutally havent heard of them at all...what genre?
Opeth is a progressive black metal band, Porcupine Tree is a neoprog rock band headed by Steven Wilson who does essentially the same thing solo as he does in Porcupine Tree, and Blind Guardian and Stratovarious are both power metal bands (I'm not too well versed in power metal so I don't really know of any differentiable qualities of the two). That is, of course, assuming that Steve O didn't mean the classical violinist Stradivarious :biggrin:.
lol...when I mentioned Stratovarious I said to myself not the violin!
Frownland has nailed down the genres for you ! Opeth is outstanding, their latest albums reflect more of progressive rock as in the Heritage album. Steven Wilson plays ocassionally with Mikael Akerfeldt , the leader of Opeth. They both admire bands like Camel, Uriah Heep, Can, Comus and Alice Cooper. Wison is continually recording to the point that one thinks it's an obsession with him. He's been involved in numerous other projects/bands.

As for Blind Guardian and Stratovarious, they play power metal interspersed with symphonic metal with great storytelling in their lyrics and good powerful vocals like Iron Maiden.
kissmecannibal Wrote:I acutally havent heard of them at all...what genre?
hey you know, unbelievable thought "band mastro" Guns n Roses Coming to India, this December 2012. am really happy i already sold the tickets. moozentertainment is going present. previously they are only present Korn Concerts tour in India three major cities. am really enjoyed with that events.

Schedule on December 2012:

Bangalore: December-07-2012
Mumbai: December-09-2012
Delhi(Gurgaon): December-12-2012

Dont miss it. will meet on the big cowed if possible. lol

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Concerts Stories luispaglezk 2 487 04-04-2015, 14:35
Last Post: SteveO
  the CRAZY HORSE new artists thread CRAZY-HORSE 21 5,946 11-03-2013, 21:28
Last Post: Darryl Watson
  The Elvis Costello Thread: Because He Deserves It! PennyLane 13 2,183 30-05-2012, 18:19
Last Post: PennyLane
  KORN and LMFAO concerts - found a facebook contest w/ free tix WelcomeToMyWorld 0 474 30-09-2011, 21:10
Last Post: WelcomeToMyWorld
  Concerts on tv? WelcomeToMyWorld 2 714 16-06-2010, 22:11
Last Post: WelcomeToMyWorld
  Summer Concerts 2010 TheRiverLot 1 727 28-04-2010, 09:09
Last Post: gryphon
  Best Film music thread ambernector 7 1,631 29-09-2009, 22:00
Last Post: Erixouther