Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Never written a song
Syn Wrote:i wouldnt know where to start with sending it somewhere, as for the patronism never could always give it a try though.
Well if you are interested in writing such kind a poetry then you should start with reading some good patriotic books to have a wider overview of the same. once you got clocked with something inspiring the style of writing will automatically come your way.....all the best 4 your attempt

Ruhi Sheikh
Technical reviewer
www.laptopq.com
Syn Wrote:i have no idea, i like rock and metal but me thinks it is too nice for that

I can see this song being sung Killswitch Engage style!
It's really good, maybe you could use social media to promote it, let more people know, and you will get more advice of course.
'dont dress your children in flags' is very impressive Jerome...immediate thoughts were 'billy bragg should get his hands on this'.
Thx. Flattery will get you everywhere! Came about as a result of my 2 years military service and then the whole fiasco of 'war as entertainment on TV' Although anti-war songs have been done to death it's amazing how the human race still does not get it. I don't think they ever will. Central Africa is a good example. In a constant state of war. Amazing how those tin pot dictators can never find the money to help their people but they can always afford more arms. You can send it to Billy if you like -who knows. Don't really know any Billy Bragg music. Maybe I should give it a listen.
Jerome Wrote:Thx. Flattery will get you everywhere! Came about as a result of my 2 years military service and then the whole fiasco of 'war as entertainment on TV' Although anti-war songs have been done to death it's amazing how the human race still does not get it. I don't think they ever will. Central Africa is a good example. In a constant state of war. Amazing how those tin pot dictators can never find the money to help their people but they can always afford more arms. You can send it to Billy if you like -who knows. Don't really know any Billy Bragg music. Maybe I should give it a listen.

i spent 2yrs in navy,,,got out just before Desert Storm in 1991...good job i did cos the ship i was on was patrolling the Gulf when the war started...if i was still in, i'd have been a consciencious objector...i'd fight to protect Australia but not to remove Saddam from Saudi Arabia, that wasnt my war. "if you talk about destruction,dont you know that you can count me out"

...and "no", the human race will never learn,we are very self destructive, dont know why we cant live side by side together in harmony, we have the technology to make this world a much better place for everyone

[video=youtube;vEFdn1ZNp6s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEFdn1ZNp6s[/video]
very good Jerome, i like reading your material...have you thought about publishing any of it?
Not really - it's amateur ramblings. Have all the music composed for this stuff as well but never recorded any tracks. As words on their own they don't really stand up to intense scrutiny but combined with music they come alive. (IMHO).
'amateur' is just a word for...not getting paid for it, it doesnt mean what you got aint good enough
They are all based around folk/rock music. Nothing at all like what's on my site. This is my 'normal' music side.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which song lyrics do you like the best? Ledzepp 35 14,107 27-09-2016, 19:51
Last Post: oldies65
  Khaled Ajashi new own Song! LittleDun 0 888 25-09-2016, 02:32
Last Post: LittleDun
  Instrumental. New Song. Curious 0 1,487 21-03-2016, 09:58
Last Post: Curious
  New song we finished a couple weeks ago... Thoughts? good or bad. aurora4dth 3 2,177 27-02-2016, 10:51
Last Post: Jerome
  How do you start off a song? Seamusblonde 49 21,157 14-02-2016, 10:43
Last Post: Jerome
  2016 French song Ozamindia 0 1,088 14-01-2016, 12:46
Last Post: Ozamindia
  Please check out this video of a new song that i wrote newriot 1 1,753 14-01-2016, 12:44
  Original song :))) MAYAN 1 1,311 14-01-2016, 12:43
  Original song! KahanoBeats_Bros - Stormy Night KahanoBeats_Bros 0 1,257 27-08-2015, 18:39
Last Post: KahanoBeats_Bros
  Inmotion's first song - feedback greatly appreciated! Tzirhk 2 1,561 07-08-2015, 16:53
Last Post: Cali5