Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Do You Play?
Dam shame that your videos are toast Gibsom!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Jerome Wrote:Keyboards, synths, drums, mandolin, EWI & guitars.

I love to play all these but I don't know how to play it because I am a beginner.
i'm not an expert at playing any of my instruments but I love them all & will play or practice on a different one each day depending on the way i feel, or the way the atmosphere of the place feels. I have a piano, cello, tenor sax, alto sax, clarinet, trumpet, silver flute, piano accordion, cajun accordion, viola, violin, chrome resonator guitar, les paul guitar, fender telecaster, banjo, Spanish classical guitar, fender bass guitar, steel string acoustic guitars of various makes & models, classical guitar, harmonicas, didgeridoos, bamboo flute. That's all so far. I'd like to get a set of drums but they're too loud for the place i live at. I have one large heavy bass drum made from thick cow hide & i get a jungle beat going on that sometimes. It's loud but due to the thick hairy hide the sound is still soft on the ear. I'd like to buy a bass trombone next & a set of bagpipes perhaps. I don't think i'll ever have enough different instruments.

I come from a musical family tree, some of whom played in the London philharmonic orchestra & some who owned music stores or had their own bands. I'd watch my father playing guitar & singing on tv when i was a kid. My brothers & sisters teach music or have their own bands. I was a late starter but i found that it's easy to play any instrument to some degree if you practice on it for a while. People say the world is a stage & we're all just actors on it, & my aim is to turn my world into a musical. Whenever i feel down i'll take an instrument out to some public place & just make music for everyone. It captivates people & they all want to talk to you or they throw money at you. It turns a bad day into a good day instantly & is kind of a miracle you can create yourself.
Wow, that's a massive collection you have there. And plenty of variety too. Would like to hear some of your music sometime. I know it's an old post but you never know....
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
I have a dark red Fender Stratocaster and a slightly warped 50 year old acoustic (name is gone).

I am a picker using tabulatures. I only play 4 chords G C D Am that are satisfactory for what I like to do.
(14-11-2018, 03:05)SteveO Wrote: I have a dark red Fender Stratocaster and a slightly warped 50 year old acoustic (name is gone).

I am a picker using tabulatures. I only play 4 chords G C D Am that are satisfactory for what I like to do.

nothing wrong with those chords SteveO, they play just about every song from 1956-64
(14-11-2018, 03:57)And even later mate ! CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:
(14-11-2018, 03:05)SteveO Wrote: I have a dark red Fender Stratocaster and a slightly warped 50 year old acoustic (name is gone).

nothing wrong with those chords SteveO, they play just about every song from 1956-64

I know the J Man plays ! What guitars and the colour do you own J Man ?

Music Man, Crazy Mate and Ruby, do you play !
Hi SteveO - I have a mandolin, an electric, a steel string acoustic, a classical nylon string,  two electric basses and a banjo. And an ever growing collection of synthesizers. Plus an EWI. My next purchase might be one of these magnificent instruments - can listen to this forever - https://youtu.be/JZfw4_p5SK4
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
i play records and cd's

I have an el-cheapo electric guitar, I just muck around with my cans plugged into the amp and create noisy distortion...
i also have a six string acoustic, currently has steel strings but i do alternate with nylon strings....

im not a very good player by any means, simplistic three chord songs are my forte...

TBH, i haven't played my guitars for a good year or so now, i'll probably struggle to play something as simple as "mull of kintyre"
when i get back to playing...LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here's Me Trying to Play and Record a Song While Drunk Fuzz 0 796 26-08-2016, 07:04
Last Post: Fuzz
  When I grow up I want to play??? ambernector 28 7,655 19-03-2015, 05:07
Last Post: jazzboCR
  First song you learnt to play? dominic_john 46 9,792 01-04-2013, 10:07
Last Post: rkumarveomit
  What do you play? ambernector 62 18,020 15-03-2011, 21:41
Last Post: Road-Warrior