Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIVE votes will ensure the induction of the artist/band into the md hall of fame
MD members, I need your expert feedback ! Matt had suggested at the onset of the HALL of FAME Forum that the required nomination votes be amended to 5 from 10. That suggestion was proposed over three months ago and to be truthful I am slanting toward's Matt's idea of 5 votes. At the time I rejected the proposal and wanted to see the response that we would receive from the overall membership. To be frank the response has been abysmal to say the least.

Therefore I would like your yay or nay to bring forward Matt's proposal of 5 votes for nomination. It appears there are no more than 5 or 6 members who even pay attention to this Forum so we may as well lower it to 5 to ensure nomination for the other great artists who are sitting in limbo for eternity ! ..I'll make the necessary amendments to the Forum if I can receive a concise feedback on this proposal.

The required number of votes for induction into the Hall of Fame is now 5 !

The successful Nominations that have received the required 10 votes will appear here.(10 vote threshold under REVIEW)

Inducted into The MD Hall of Fame

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 9 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

Elvis Costello - 5 votes

Igor Stravinsky - 5 votes

Led Zeppelin - 5 votes

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 2 votes

" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
I am proud to announce that the THE BEATLES have received the required 10 votes and are the first group/artist to be inducted into THE MD HALL OF FAME !

(All MD members please nominate your favorite artists that you feel are Hall of Fame worthy ! It only takes a few lines to justify their nomination !)
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
The latest results of the MD Hall of Fame. Please feel free to nominate your favorite musician(s) ! Just write a few lines to justify why they should be inducted.
SteveO Wrote:The successful Nominations that have received the required 10 votes will appear here.

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 8 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

Igor Stravinsky - 4 votes

BB King - 4 votes

- JOHN LENNON
thanks for the recap
we probably need that after every few votes are cast

Latest update for the MD Hall of Fame.
SteveO Wrote:The successful Nominations that have received the required 10 votes will appear here.

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 8 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 2 votes

- JOHN LENNON
I vote for Frank Sinatra !
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane
Breakfast with Myself

Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price
MD members, I need your expert feedback ! Matt had suggested at the onset of the HALL of FAME Forum that the required nomination votes be amended to 5 from 10. That suggestion was proposed over three months ago and to be truthful I am slanting toward's Matt's idea of 5 votes. At the time I rejected the proposal and wanted to see the response that we would receive from the overall membership. To be frank the response has been abysmal to say the least.

Therefore I would like your yay or nay to bring forward Matt's proposal of 5 votes for nomination. It appears there are no more than 5 or 6 members who even pay attention to this Forum so we may as well lower it to 5 to ensure nomination for the other great artists who are sitting in limbo for eternity ! ..I'll make the necessary amendments to the Forum if I can receive a concise feedback on this proposal.

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 9 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 3 votes

- JOHN LENNON
The successful Nominations that have received the required 10 votes will appear here.(10 vote threshold under REVIEW)

The Beatles - 10 votes

Pending

Frank Sinatra - 9 votes

The Beach Boys - 6 votes

Bob Marley - 6 votes

Miles Davis - 5 votes

Elvis Costello - 5 votes

Led Zeppelin - 5 votes

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 3 votes

- JOHN LENNON
New inductees for the Hall of Fame are:

Frank Sinatra

The Beach Boys

Bob Marley

Elvis Costello

Miles Davis

Led Zeppelin

Igor Sravinsky

Pending

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 3 votes

Previously inducted - The Beatles

- JOHN LENNON
[h=2][Image: icon1.png] Inductees in the MD Hall of Fame as of Saturday, August 18th are:

The Beatles

Frank Sinatra

The Beach Boys

Bob Marley

Elvis Costello

Miles Davis

Marvin Gaye

Led Zeppelin

Igor Sravinsky

Pending

BB King - 4 votes

John Fahey - 3 votes

[/h]

- JOHN LENNON

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil diamond - nomination !!!! Md hall of fame SteveO 9 1,413 20-09-2016, 08:20
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  BRONZE AWARD...........Band On The Run...........Wings....1973 gryphon 6 4,632 16-10-2014, 20:53
Last Post: Big Ears
  Billy Joel, nomination for the Hall of Fame Ruby 14 3,708 09-08-2014, 14:32
Last Post: SteveO
  Induct Leona Williams into the Country Music Hall of Fame Penny Brown 1 2,356 06-07-2014, 15:23
  Induct Leona Williams into the Country Music Hall of Fame Penny Brown 0 1,238 21-05-2014, 22:28
Last Post: Penny Brown
  Artist Best Album Poll Preview Music Head 12 14,340 05-08-2012, 21:40
Last Post: Jerome
  Hall & Oates Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 5 3,685 29-04-2012, 17:18
Last Post: BrilliantDisguise
  Hall of fame in progress SteveO 0 74 08-02-2012, 01:37
  My First Addiction - a punk n rock band. dukegman 0 1,218 18-05-2011, 11:56
Last Post: dukegman
  BEYOND-A rock band from HONG KONG bourne 18 7,788 27-12-2010, 14:50
Last Post: Jerome