Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FIVE votes will ensure the induction of the artist/band into the md hall of fame
INDUCTEES into the Music Discussion Hall of Fame as of Sunday, July 6th, 2014!

MUSIC HEAD

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Neil Young and Crazy Horse

Pink Floyd

Elton John

Frank Sinatra

The Beach Boys

Bob Marley

Elvis Costello

Miles Davis

Marvin Gaye

Led Zeppelin

Igor Stravinsky

Queen

B.B. King

John Fahey

Pending:

BeeGees - 4 votes

John Mayall - 2 votes

Claude Debussy - 2 votes

Ella Fitzgerald - 2 votes

Flaming Lips - 1 vote

The Speed King - 1 vote

Sparks - 1 vote

FEEL FREE TO VOTE ON THE EXISTING PENDING NOMINATIONS or NOMINATE ONE YOURSELF....post a strong justification why your choice should be nominated! FIVE VOTES NEEDED for INDUCTION ( Voting for those already inducted is closed)
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
I think that Crazy Horse's reference to the BeeGees' three comebacks was an astute observation and not the sole reason for nominating, JazzBo ! It is entirely up to the members to decide who is nominated/inducted. Popularity and worthiness is a factor and will obviously entice members to vote or not. The American Music Hall of Fame seems to induct any one who had a hit record just to keep the program going !!!!...lol

My answer to your guestion ...whatever the members decide! Most polls would not even look at John Fahey...but we did !!!!!...Confusedmile:Cool

jazzboCR Wrote:A question here--Is the HoF about popularity or worthiness? Bob Dylan re-invented himself several times--doesn't each time count as a "comeback"? And how about the Beach Boys from cover band to inventive pop band to whatever it was they became near the end of the creative period? Look at the top of the charts for the last 10 years and point to the genuine worthiness there, even short-term...I'm waiting with bated breath.
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
doesnt it all come down to popularity with the R+R HoF in Cleveland,Ohio also??????

doesnt it all come down to popularity and age with the Grammy Awards also?????

classic "age" thing....Neil Young didnt win his first Grammy until a handful of years ago with his "fork in the road" album!Dylan also,only a few years ago...McCartney hadnt won one for decades until the late 1990s(previous one would have been for "live and let die" in '73ish)
I agree Crazy mate ! They honour and praise the icons when they are close to croaking !...lol

- JOHN LENNON
SteveO Wrote:I agree Crazy mate ! They honour and praise the icons when they are close to croaking !...lol

Another (and to my mind, as good) example is Freddy Fender--5 nominations, 2 wins: once at 62 with a group; one at 65 by himself. And BTW he re-invented himself 3 times, without a big support staff and not because he'd faded in a genre. Mr. Fender was a class act through-and-through. Sorely missed.
A man accustomed to hear only the echo of his own sentiments, soon bars all the common avenues of delight, and has no part in the general gratification of mankind--Dr. Johnson
What he said. Amen, Bro--JazzboCR
I am proud to announce that Ella Fitzgerald has been inducted officially into the MD Hall of Fame ! Thanks to all of those members who voted!

- JOHN LENNON
INDUCTEES into the Music Discussion Hall of Fame as of Saturday, September 6th, 2014!

MUSIC HEAD

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

Pink Floyd

Elton John

Frank Sinatra

The Beach Boys

Bob Marley

Elvis Costello

Miles Davis

Marvin Gaye

Led Zeppelin

Igor Stravinsky

Queen

B.B. King

John Fahey

Ella Fitzgerald

Pending:

BeeGees - 4 votes

John Mayall - 3 votes

Claude Debussy - 2 votes

Flaming Lips - 1 vote

The Speed King - 1 vote

Sparks - 1 vote

Delays - 1 vote

FEEL FREE TO VOTE ON THE EXISTING PENDING NOMINATIONS or NOMINATE ONE YOURSELF....post a strong justification why your choice should be nominated! FIVE VOTES NEEDED for INDUCTION ( Voting for those already inducted is closed)

BEEGEES only need a vote to be inducted !..and only 2 votes needed for that great British Bluesman , JOHN MAYALL !!!!!...and CLAUDE DEBUSSY only needs 3 votes!!!!!

- JOHN LENNON
Ruby has nominated The Moody Blues for the MD Hall of Fame! We received 6 votes quickly...therefore The Moody Blues are the latest inductees into the Music Discussion Hall of Fame!...thanks for the excellent commentary Ruby!

- JOHN LENNON
INDUCTEES into the Music Discussion Hall of Fame as of Saturday, October 4th, 2014!

MUSIC HEAD

The Beatles

The Rolling Stones

The Moody Blues

Pink Floyd

Elton John

Frank Sinatra

The Beach Boys

Bob Marley

Elvis Costello

Miles Davis

Marvin Gaye

Led Zeppelin

Igor Stravinsky

Queen

B.B. King

John Fahey

Ella Fitzgerald

Pending:

BeeGees - 4 votes

John Mayall - 3 votes

Claude Debussy - 2 votes

Flaming Lips - 1 vote

The Speed King - 1 vote

Sparks - 1 vote

Delays - 1 vote

BEEGEES only need a vote to be inducted !..and only 2 votes needed for that great British Bluesman , JOHN MAYALL !!!!!...and CLAUDE DEBUSSY only needs 3 votes!!!!!

- JOHN LENNON
SteveO Wrote:Ruby has nominated The Moody Blues for the MD Hall of Fame! We received 6 votes quickly...therefore The Moody Blues are the latest inductees into the Music Discussion Hall of Fame!...thanks for the excellent commentary Ruby!

You're very welcome SteveO - glad you enjoyed it. I voted yes for the Bee Gees a little while ago - did you count it? We may have a flurry of inductions!! :biggrin:
"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Neil diamond - nomination !!!! Md hall of fame SteveO 9 1,414 20-09-2016, 08:20
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  BRONZE AWARD...........Band On The Run...........Wings....1973 gryphon 6 4,632 16-10-2014, 20:53
Last Post: Big Ears
  Billy Joel, nomination for the Hall of Fame Ruby 14 3,708 09-08-2014, 14:32
Last Post: SteveO
  Induct Leona Williams into the Country Music Hall of Fame Penny Brown 1 2,356 06-07-2014, 15:23
  Induct Leona Williams into the Country Music Hall of Fame Penny Brown 0 1,238 21-05-2014, 22:28
Last Post: Penny Brown
  Artist Best Album Poll Preview Music Head 12 14,340 05-08-2012, 21:40
Last Post: Jerome
  Hall & Oates Best Album Poll - 1 of 2 Music Head 5 3,685 29-04-2012, 17:18
Last Post: BrilliantDisguise
  Hall of fame in progress SteveO 0 74 08-02-2012, 01:37
  My First Addiction - a punk n rock band. dukegman 0 1,218 18-05-2011, 11:56
Last Post: dukegman
  BEYOND-A rock band from HONG KONG bourne 18 7,788 27-12-2010, 14:50
Last Post: Jerome