Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 5 Average
concerts thread.
Just got tickets to see Paul McCartney! A fine way to close out my 2012 concert year.
well done evil.....should be fantastic, ive only seen him live once and he was brilliant IMO, but them i am a bit biased towards Macca at the best of times!
evilB Wrote:Just got tickets to see Paul McCartney! A fine way to close out my 2012 concert year.
Can we say jealous?

... I can.
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane
Breakfast with Myself

Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price
This is a big weekend for me - Saturday we have tickets to see Blues Traveler, Dr. John and Elvin Bishop in Ventura, CA and on Sunday we have tickets to Mavis Staples and Bonnie Raitt in Santa Barbara. I'm taking Monday off work to recupe :biggrin:
Ditto, CRAZY !!!!!!!!...saw him live in 2009 and it was very emotional aznd fabulous at the same time !!!!!.....enjoy Macca , Evil !

(even though everyone knows his vocal range is deteriorating with age (70) he's still worth seeing !!!!!)

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:well done evil.....should be fantastic, ive only seen him live once and he was brilliant IMO, but them i am a bit biased towards Macca at the best of times!
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
Wow...great lineup R ! ...Elvin will put on a robust lively energetic show I'm sure !
R_burke Wrote:This is a big weekend for me - Saturday we have tickets to see Blues Traveler, Dr. John and Elvin Bishop in Ventura, CA and on Sunday we have tickets to Mavis Staples and Bonnie Raitt in Santa Barbara. I'm taking Monday off work to recupe :biggrin:
" WHEN I WAS FIVE YEARS OLD, MY MOTHER ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT HAPPINESS WAS THE KEY TO LIFE. WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL, THEY ASKED ME WHAT I WANTED TO BE WHEN I GREW UP. I WROTE DOWN "HAPPY". THEY TOLD ME I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT AND I TOLD THEM THEY DIDN'T UNDERSTAND LIFE."

- JOHN LENNON
I missed out on Daniel Lanois and the incredible Ben Harper ...wasn't advertised much .....guess they weren't considered major commercial artists !

- JOHN LENNON
never heard Daniel's material, but Ben Harper is brilliant IMO
Lanois is a French Canadian record producer, singer, songwriter and musician. He poroduced the album Joshua Tree by U2 and has worked with The Neville Brothers as well as other artists.Here are a few clips of his more popular songs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNISWXsUq8 - Jolie Louise ...live

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=SFWV...=endscreen - The Maker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpYPzoDA5...re=related - Still Water

(Very happy to see that you like Ben Harper !!!!, Crazy!)

CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:never heard Daniel's material, but Ben Harper is brilliant IMO

- JOHN LENNON
I love Blues Traveler... but forget that.. the legend Dr. John!! I really have to get on my concert going, this is sad.
R_burke Wrote:This is a big weekend for me - Saturday we have tickets to see Blues Traveler, Dr. John and Elvin Bishop in Ventura, CA and on Sunday we have tickets to Mavis Staples and Bonnie Raitt in Santa Barbara. I'm taking Monday off work to recupe :biggrin:
Peace and Love,
Penny Lane
Breakfast with Myself

Art is the only thing you cannot punch a button for. You must do it the old-fashioned way. Stay up and really burn the midnight oil. There are no compromises. - Leonytne Price

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Concerts Stories luispaglezk 2 474 04-04-2015, 14:35
Last Post: SteveO
  the CRAZY HORSE new artists thread CRAZY-HORSE 21 5,930 11-03-2013, 21:28
Last Post: Darryl Watson
  The Elvis Costello Thread: Because He Deserves It! PennyLane 13 2,168 30-05-2012, 18:19
Last Post: PennyLane
  KORN and LMFAO concerts - found a facebook contest w/ free tix WelcomeToMyWorld 0 464 30-09-2011, 21:10
Last Post: WelcomeToMyWorld
  Concerts on tv? WelcomeToMyWorld 2 691 16-06-2010, 22:11
Last Post: WelcomeToMyWorld
  Summer Concerts 2010 TheRiverLot 1 707 28-04-2010, 09:09
Last Post: gryphon
  Best Film music thread ambernector 7 1,614 29-09-2009, 22:00
Last Post: Erixouther