Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The validity of a movie soundtrack
A few months ago one of our great members remarked that he wanted to listen to the Hunger Games soundtrack...Taylor Swift, Glen Hansard, Arcade Fire, The Decemberists, ...to name a few!
Last nigh I finally got around to watching the movie and the entire soundtrack was all neo classical instrumental! Where were the singers? Does the music industry create or manufacture a false soundtrack to suck out more money from the film (which was a little predictable, good movie, not great)!
I always thought that the soundtrack to a movie was played during the movie? I'm not knocking the before or after soundtrack but it amazes me how far the music and film industry will go to generate money!

Comments please!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
I thought the soundtrack released after wasn't the "official soundtrack" and was more something inspired by the film. My brother has it and it has great music on it, but it isn't the official soundtrack. The album you're talking about is Songs from District 12 and more..there is an actual movie score out as well.
you are right however why the songs inspired by the movie? just to make more money off of the film..that's all..
The validity of a soundtrack? Wow, that's quite the dilemma, Steve. My opinion is that the soundtrack is the main vehicle for emotional reponse to the movie. A strong scene? The music makes it even stronger, imprinting the scene on your optical and acoustic memory. When you attribute little importance to the soundtrack, you are bemeaning the movie, making it emotionally poorer. For example...I'm not a particular fan of Mission Impossible 2 (with Tom Cruise) thinking that it was slightly over the top. But there's a moment in that movie that many will not easily forget, exactly due to the music that accompanies it. When the lady of the movie injects a mortal virus in her veins, and the shoot scene following. Han Zimmer's music rendered it unforgettable. I post the link for all to see (hear even better):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDkzwKj4_NI
Cogito, ergo sum...
And used once again in this stunning tribute to an amzing Documentary series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGrF-NpOrvE
Cogito, ergo sum...
DAM ! Video blocked in Canada !!!!! I hate it when that happens!

I love to hear the soundtrack of the movie while I am watching it! I am just saying that releasing music afterwards not on the movie soundtrack is cheap!...lol

Bellini48 Wrote:And used once again in this stunning tribute to an amzing Documentary series:
Bellini48 Wrote:And used once again in this stunning tribute to an amzing Documentary series:

Absolutely amazing Bell! What documentary is it from? The scenery(Australia ?) is breath taking! Zimmer and Lisa make an exceptional team!

I have always liked this one...I am wondering in suspense if Lisa makes the Best Australian vocalist list...a thread on MD started by Crazy-Horse?

[video=youtube;1xpkRj99FH0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xpkRj99FH0[/video]
Yes. It certainly is cheap.
Cogito, ergo sum...
For me she is one of the world's lead vocalists. Her voice is mysterious, enchanting, even haunting. She creates an atmosphere, whenever she sings. Very low notes like an instrument. She rates as one of the top of my list of female vocalists, along with Dulce Pontes, the portuguese singer, Lara Fabian, the french singer and Filippa Giordano the italian. Each of these extraordinary ladies deserve to be heard.
Thanks for the link Steve. I know it well.
Cogito, ergo sum...
The documentary is HOME. That's what it's called.
Cogito, ergo sum...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Movie recommendations please ! SteveO 368 45,926 29-11-2017, 02:00
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Niagra Niagra Soundtrack Snowman999 3 593 23-03-2017, 02:06
Last Post: SteveO
  The godfather Soundtrack riolu 1 449 31-01-2017, 12:39
Last Post: GustavoWoltmann
  Fire of Darkness soundtrack RachelCat 0 333 18-12-2016, 09:42
Last Post: RachelCat
  worst casting in a movie oldies65 7 1,538 18-10-2016, 04:01
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Barbra Streisand - Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway Music Head 1 546 09-09-2016, 13:41
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  New epic soundtrack(with video) QBBase 1 978 13-01-2016, 22:55
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Great Songs From a Movie lady layne 1 1,386 03-12-2015, 05:47
Last Post: Clive Harrison
  The Guest House: Soundtrack Suite Roland Mair-Gruber 0 553 19-05-2015, 14:13
Last Post: Roland Mair-Gruber
  Soundtrack/orchestral music tctunes 2 756 27-11-2014, 12:16
Last Post: Bellini48