Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie recommendations please !
Jerome Wrote:I watched the Amanda Knox documentary on Netflix. I was curious as to whether anyone else has seen this and who you might think is the guilty party. Also busy watching a funny Oz series called 'Offspring'. Don't know who the main female lead is but she can put her slippers under my bed anytime! LOL

I haven't watched Offspring J-Man, so im not familiar with the roles or the characters, maybe bob_32 is?

Amanda Knox,
im sitting on the fence with this one as it has more twists and turns than a Hitchcock mystery, I guess she and only she really knows what happened
and if she did it, she has to live with the guilt for the rest of her life
Oceansoul Wrote:I watched some movies over the last few days and these are the ones I really liked.

Ex Machina - I enjoyed the movie. It is engaging, suspenseful, and thought-provoking. I thought about the subject matter, AI, long after it was over. Also, that ending. 9/10

Edge of Tomorrow - I watched it over the weekend and it is a good, sci-fi, action movie. I wouldn't call myself a big fan of Tom Cruise, but I liked him here as well as Emily Blunt.

10 Cloverfield Lane - This is one of the better movies to come out in 2016, IMO. It was suspenseful and it wasn't predictable which is saying something. John Goodman did a great acting performance here. He even made me feel nervous, haha.

haven't seen Ex Machina.

will not see Edge Of Tomorrow because I cannot stand TC.

10 Cloverfield Lane, John Goodman deserved an Acadamy Award for his role in this one. thought the end of the movie was pretty lame though.
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:haven't seen Ex Machina.

will not see Edge Of Tomorrow because I cannot stand TC.

10 Cloverfield Lane, John Goodman deserved an Acadamy Award for his role in this one. thought the end of the movie was pretty lame though.

Ex Machina is a great movie, it's about artificial intelligence. I would recommend it, especially if you find the subject to be interesting.

I don't care much for Tom Cruise either. I have some appreciation for the movie though. It's a different take on alien vs human action movies.

I thought the ending of 10 Cloverfield Lane was ok, maybe a bit cheesy. Still I liked the movie.
I just don't like Cruise at all, have never seen any of his movies all the way through...
started Risky business,Top Gun and the Mission Impossible movies, switched them off, I wont go back again.
I can't think of many other Cruise movies I enjoy, to be honest.

Also, Emily Blunt is kind of awesome in the movie so she helps elevate it.
CRAZY-HORSE Wrote:I just don't like Cruise at all, have never seen any of his movies all the way through...
started Risky business,Top Gun and the Mission Impossible movies, switched them off, I wont go back again.

Rain Man is very good!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
ooops!, my mistake, I have seen Rain Man, loved it, had actually forgotten he was in it
about Cruise, The Firm worked for me

I enjoyed The Firm as well. Good movie.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
I loved Rain Man. See it every chance I get Confusedmile: Both should have won Oscars.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  worst casting in a movie oldies65 7 1,538 18-10-2016, 04:01
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Barbra Streisand - Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway Music Head 1 546 09-09-2016, 13:41
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Great Songs From a Movie lady layne 1 1,386 03-12-2015, 05:47
Last Post: Clive Harrison
  movie logos jazzboCR 0 443 17-07-2014, 00:47
Last Post: jazzboCR
  2014 promises to be a movie goers paradise Amurcomusic 0 599 03-07-2014, 08:07
Last Post: Amurcomusic
  James Brown’s Inspiring Story, Now A Movie Amurcomusic 0 4,271 18-06-2014, 06:39
  Transformers set to transform movie experience Amurcomusic 0 728 21-05-2014, 09:35
  Kirpaan Movie Release Date Noor47 0 513 18-12-2013, 07:06
Last Post: Noor47
  Favorite Musical? Stage or Movie jroknbok 45 7,730 14-10-2013, 22:32
Last Post: Mrrusty1
  The validity of a movie soundtrack SteveO 9 1,836 18-09-2013, 20:06
Last Post: Bellini48