Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Movie recommendations please !
I watched John Wick last night for the first time. It was freaking awesome. John Wick Chapter 2 is out in theaters now, I really want to see it.
Death at a Funeral (British version) - hilarious!
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Lovely Linda Wrote:On a personal note, my hubby watched most of The Notebook with me which I have seen many times.
I can relate to the film because of Allie having dementia. My hubby had to be told several times what was going
on in the film. Tonight he did not know where we live.
Dementia is very painful for the patient and the caregiver. It comes and goes as explained in the movie till there is no memory at all.
Crying is contant in people with dementia and they are often fearful.

The film is a great learning lesson. My heart goes out to all who have to deal with dementia!

It must be a real struggle dealing with this illness - my sympathies are with you.
Yeah, dementia really is a horrible illness.
I saw Kong: Skull Island a few days ago, it was pretty good. I liked King Kong and the visuals were nice. I will probably buy the movie when it's released on DVD.
On Netflix - one of the best nature documentaries I have ever seen - Wild Patagonia - stunning place and going on the bucket list for sure.
^ Sounds interesting, I'll check it out.
Jerome Wrote:On Netflix - one of the best nature documentaries I have ever seen - Wild Patagonia - stunning place and going on the bucket list for sure.

Wild Patagonia, I recall seeing that one (or similar), an amazing place for sure.
BTW Ocean,

the best nature documentaries are those narrated by Sir David Attenborough IMO.
I saw "The Lives of Others" it won Best Foreign film in 06 or 07. If it wasn't a $3 blu ray I wouldn't have even considered seeing it. I actually never heard of it till I bought it. Then it took a while for it to make it to the player. GREAT GREAT MOVIE! Well worth a rental, and even a purchase. I know I'll watch it a few more times.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  worst casting in a movie oldies65 7 1,536 18-10-2016, 04:01
Last Post: Lovely Linda
  Barbra Streisand - Encore: Movie Partners Sing Broadway Music Head 1 544 09-09-2016, 13:41
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  Great Songs From a Movie lady layne 1 1,385 03-12-2015, 05:47
Last Post: Clive Harrison
  movie logos jazzboCR 0 442 17-07-2014, 00:47
Last Post: jazzboCR
  2014 promises to be a movie goers paradise Amurcomusic 0 597 03-07-2014, 08:07
Last Post: Amurcomusic
  James Brown’s Inspiring Story, Now A Movie Amurcomusic 0 4,270 18-06-2014, 06:39
  Transformers set to transform movie experience Amurcomusic 0 726 21-05-2014, 09:35
  Kirpaan Movie Release Date Noor47 0 512 18-12-2013, 07:06
Last Post: Noor47
  Favorite Musical? Stage or Movie jroknbok 45 7,730 14-10-2013, 22:32
Last Post: Mrrusty1
  The validity of a movie soundtrack SteveO 9 1,835 18-09-2013, 20:06
Last Post: Bellini48