Music Discussion
Album Count - Printable Version

+- Music Discussion (https://www.music-discussion.com)
+-- Forum: Music Discussion (https://www.music-discussion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Music (https://www.music-discussion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Album Count (/showthread.php?tid=6851)

Pages: 1 2

Album Count - evilB - 06-04-2012

That's a really good question MH. I'm not sure, could be as high as 10%. When CDs first came out I could trade in my vinyl so I could upgrade (how many of those trades would I take back now?) and I did trade in my vinyl. As time went on stores didn't want to even look at vinyl so I just replaced/added the cd version to my collection. I did do a give away about 10 years ago featuring a lot of the doubles. Now my vinyl versions are worth more to stores (crazy how things flip around so quickly). I still use the turntable every week but don't use it near as much as the CD players - convenience wins.
I still buy records as there is so much I cannot get in the CD format - if it was available now it isn't.

Album Count - SteveO - 07-04-2012

I have the smallest collection !....a little bit of music envy..lol

Vinyl - 923

CDs - 847

Digital ripped from CDs and on ipod

A small collection also made up of the dinosaur Cassette...300 or so ! Even today you can't get some music in a format other than cassette ! I have digitised my favorites on CD ..well not myself personally but a techy friend of mine. There's a program to do it ! I still look for cassettes and old records at yard sales as well as CDs.

I'm just wondering if we ever have time anymore to listen to an album more than once ? I think sometimes I have it but never listened to it ...lol...there's a tremendous amount of music out there !

Just for fun I looked up black metal groups ...there were over 20,000 of them listed and that's only one sub-genre !!!!! That figure is staggering !!!!!

Album Count - gater - 08-04-2012

2700 Albums on our drives (815 artists and 32,206 songs)... about 1,000 CD's... and a whole room full of vinyl back at my brother's house, where we grew up. I honestly never counted those ablums.

Album Count - Jerome - 08-04-2012

SteveO Wrote:I have the smallest collection !....a little bit of music envy..lol

Vinyl - 923

CDs - 847

Digital ripped from CDs and on ipod

A small collection also made up of the dinosaur Cassette...300 or so ! Even today you can't get some music in a format other than cassette ! I have digitised my favorites on CD ..well not myself personally but a techy friend of mine. There's a program to do it ! I still look for cassettes and old records at yard sales as well as CDs.

I'm just wondering if we ever have time anymore to listen to an album more than once ? I think sometimes I have it but never listened to it ...lol...there's a tremendous amount of music out there !

Just for fun I looked up black metal groups ...there were over 20,000 of them listed and that's only one sub-genre !!!!! That figure is staggering !!!!!

Have to admit I do not listen to a large portion of the stuff I have. Some of it is just sounds too dated (Black Sabbath for example) I tend to gravitate towards some classics, but it's nice to know that if I want to listen to something specific, I will probably have it on hand somewhere in the house. Finding it is the issue - Hell one day I might even get it organised into some sort of system.

Album Count - Jerome - 19-04-2012

Did anyone ever go for the minidisc?

Album Count - Keef Rob - 19-04-2012

I would have but I got burned by dats.

Album Count - Music Head - 19-04-2012

Keef Rob Wrote:I would have but I got burned by dats.

what's dats

uh, I mean

what's dat you say