Music Discussion
Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - Printable Version

+- Music Discussion (https://www.music-discussion.com)
+-- Forum: Music Discussion (https://www.music-discussion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General Music (https://www.music-discussion.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? (/showthread.php?tid=6041)

Pages: 1 2

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - TraceNspace - 07-10-2011

Most of you have lists of music that you are trying to get through but do you also find yourself stuck on an album or musician/band that you can't stop listening to? I go through phases with my albums which also interferes with the hunt for new music. However when I really like something I listen to it over and over again.

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - SteveO - 07-10-2011

Yes !!!,,,from time to time I get "derailed" from my "to listen to " list and spend time listening to an album more than once !!!! I guess I'm not great with willpower !!!...lol

If an album review in MD catches my interest I'll order it asap and sway from my list when it arrives.

Of course almost daily I get my exalted fix of The Beatles !!!!!

It's very difficult to stick to "the list" when you get so many fabulous recommendationds from the MD gang !!!!! Sometimes I cheat and I have to listen to them when I get them in the mail !!!!

However in the end I should say never mind the stupid list and listen to what catches your ear or what I feel like listening to at the time...much like you do I think, Trace ? I am gradually leaning towards this plan !!!

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - Jerome - 09-10-2011

I've been stuck on Wish You Were Here since 1975...............and Dark Side of the Moon since 1973! I've got to get out more.

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - Guardian - 09-10-2011

Yes, I do and it's kind of annoying. At the moment I find myself listening to Enya - Anywhere Is, and Memory of Trees, over and over. The only problem with this is knowing the song too well. I wish i could "forget" how a song went so when I listen to it again, it is as if I am listening to it for the first time.

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - Music Head - 09-10-2011

No. The only time I listen to something more than once in a row is a new purchase.
Then it gets a max of maybe 5 spins.
After that, in the rotation.
It will come up again in about 6 years.

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - CRAZY-HORSE - 09-10-2011

Jerome Wrote:I've been stuck on Wish You Were Here since 1975...............and Dark Side of the Moon since 1973! I've got to get out more.

i dont think i really want to be "in the dog house" so i refuse to comment on this comment in my usual manner!

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - CRAZY-HORSE - 09-10-2011

i usually only now hear repeatative cd's on my ipod to and from work and then its usually Neil Young,Dylan or the two Paul's (McCartney and Weller), other than that im pretty much the same as Music Head..play them once, put them away till they make a return in my shuffle or listen to new ones several times before passing judgement.

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - TraceNspace - 09-10-2011

There's no structure to my listening.

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - Jerome - 09-10-2011

TraceNspace Wrote:There's no structure to my listening.

Consider yourself lucky - there's no structure to my life. (See under occupation on my profile)

Do you listen to the same music over and over again if you really love it? - TraceNspace - 09-10-2011

Jerome Wrote:Consider yourself lucky - there's no structure to my life.
That I'm working on! I've been a terrible mother because I don't provide enough structure.