Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
here is an example .. the beatles yesterday and today (American album issue compilation 1966)[ATTACHMENT NOT FOUND]
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Heavy metal is full of them....lol
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
I feel pain when I see this one
and pain makes me feel sick
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
eeewhhh! That's nasty! By the way are the Butthole Surfers good...I was going to check them out Music man!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 29,763
Threads: 8,842
Joined: Aug 2009
SteveO Wrote:eeewhhh! That's nasty! By the way are the Butthole Surfers good...I was going to check them out Music man!
only have that album
didn't score that great for me
but they got a passing grade
here's the link:
http://www.music-discussion.com/showthre...#post27243
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
Glad I asked MH ! A good band and I like Pepper and Cough Syrup!...thanks man!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 776
Threads: 135
Joined: Jan 2012
yeah I have a lot of iron maiden albums and most of the covers are like this
SteveO Wrote:Heavy metal is full of them....lol
![[Image: 09-fear-of-the-dark.jpg?w=630&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89]](http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/loudwire.com/files/2013/10/09-fear-of-the-dark.jpg?w=630&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=t&q=89)
America is pregnant with promise and anticipation but is murdered by the hand of the inevitable....(Lee Jackson ..The Nice)
Posts: 3,952
Threads: 645
Joined: Feb 2014
The difference is that the heavy metal crowd traffics in the grotesque and the macabre--with The Beatles it was creepy-shock. That Butthole Surfers merely demonstrates either Mob involvement or a bizarre but not unknown method of suicide--position the pencil and bang your head on the wall. Voila et voila--done.Their shtick is headbanger music, is it not?