yes I would normally put them in Hard Rock
but not with this decent cover
of course I could never like any cover over the original
this guy keeps it real
powerful voice and the buildup to the strings is good
I like it

[video=youtube;u9Dg-g7t2l4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Dg-g7t2l4[/video]

I like the S&G original better!
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
not what I was expecting at all...
no growly screamy vocals...this guy can actually sing normal!
like it a lot.
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..."  -  Me 2014.

I have been hearing this on the radio recently, brilliant!
The line is 'the words of the prophets' not 'the words on the prophets'. Why can't people even get the words right when they cover a classic track. Good performance though.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.
Wow.

This is a really good cover.

The build is steady and the production gets bigger as the vocals gain power.

The strings coming in really enhance the 'grandeur' of the production.

Most importantly, this cat can sing!!

Very impressive range.

I like it a lot.
"Sh-boom was the last great song ever written." ~ My Mom
Just thought I'd bump this up just to let folks know I poached this song from my daughter's laptop this morning. Hehe.

It's kind of a ritual we've developed over the years. She's a music lover, got that gene from her father.:nod:

The kids come home from college, and we'll swap laptops, then rummage and pilfer one another's music.

I have a desktop 'Music' folder, which has dozens of sub folders, which also have sub folders of their own.

Music lovers like the people here know...with this much music, you have to be organized.

My daughter's system? A folder on her desktop that says Music.*
After that, you're on your own. There is no rhyme or reason to her folder. Ugh:laugh:

*which I created because she just had everything she downloaded, music or not, going to Download
"Sh-boom was the last great song ever written." ~ My Mom
sounds good
Jerome Wrote:The line is 'the words of the prophets' not 'the words on the prophets'. Why can't people even get the words right when they cover a classic track. Good performance though.

It is very common, more so than you seem to realise, to omit/change the lyrics when covering a song to reduce royalty payments. In fact, most artists will insist that changes are made to any song a band wishes to cover, although the changes are usually to the melody/chord progression.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Sturgill Simpson "sound and fury" CRAZY-HORSE 2 1,161 13-10-2019, 13:22
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Jon Bellion - Glory Sound Prep Music Head 4 1,506 30-11-2018, 15:26
  NEW ALBUM: Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit - The Nashville Sound Ruby 5 1,324 02-07-2017, 12:46
  Less Than Jake - Sound The Alarm (ep) Music Head 0 395 20-02-2017, 12:38
Last Post: Music Head
  Cloud Nothings "life without sound" CRAZY-HORSE 1 546 08-02-2017, 11:42
  SALLIE FORD & THE SOUND OUTSIDE "untamed beast" CRAZY-HORSE 1 1,027 22-02-2013, 09:48
  JIM JAMES "regions of light and sound of God" CRAZY-HORSE 3 1,064 05-02-2013, 13:00
  Ben Folds Five - The Sound Of The Life Of The Mind Music Head 0 793 18-09-2012, 12:57
  BILLY TALENT "dead silence" CRAZY-HORSE 1 886 10-09-2012, 14:26
Last Post: SteveO