Posts: 35,590
Threads: 3,572
Joined: Jul 2010
and because they don't have to...computers "spellcheck" for them, and when there is no spellcheck they haven't got a clue...!
kids nowadays are not taught nouns, pronouns, verbs, adjectives etc at school,
they're not taught how to set out essays neither...
"BTO....Bachman,Turner,Overweight
They were big in the 70s....for five minutes,on a Saturday,after lunch..." - Me 2014.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
And up here there is no such things as failing !!!! Everybody passes...if you fail them it will hurt their self esteem ...straight from the horse's mouth!...unbelievable!!!
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
When I'm looking for something and can't find it and it's right in front of me.
That I have craptastic awareness of my surroundings at times haha.
Posts: 1,929
Threads: 8
Joined: Aug 2016
21-04-2017, 11:38
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2017, 14:03 by Oceansoul.)
In the US, it's mostly seen as the student's responsibility to come to school, do the work, and learn. If you fail a grade then you have to repeat it, if you fail an assignment or a test then it will reflect on your grades and such.
But there are some teachers who for whatever reasons avoid failing a student even though their performance in class is below standards.
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
Drug pushers on the street corners and the cops know but will do nothing.
My "Mom and Dad" used to live in a bad section of town. Every time I went to see them drug
dealers would be on the street corner. We could see them plainly selling drugs so I know
the cops knew but did nothing. The cops even had a post on the street but did not stay long.
Guess they got scared. Killings were going on there as well.
Lovely Linda
Unregistered
Another PP I have are people who tell me they love me but hope the worse for me.
Especially family members. I know they think I am stupid enough not to know but I'm not.
AS Cathy has told me, we came from bad stock. Sad but true.
Posts: 13,354
Threads: 236
Joined: May 2011
That's the way it used to be when I went to school! Everything now is politically correct..PITA
Oceansoul Wrote:In the US, it's mostly seen as the student's responsibility to come to school, do the work, and learn. If you fail a grade then you have to repeat it, if you fail an assignment or a test then it will reflect on your grades and such.
But there are some teachers who for whatever reasons avoid failing a student even though their performance in class is below standards.
The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
Posts: 9,643
Threads: 255
Joined: Jun 2010
12-08-2020, 04:38
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2020, 04:41 by Jerome.)
My new pet peeve is mobile phones. I am sick of them. People don't even listen properly anymore. They're too busy flicking through their screens to notice what's going on around them. They think they are 'connected' but the truth is they are totally switched off.
(26-04-2017, 18:12)Lovely Linda Wrote: Another PP I have are people who tell me they love me but hope the worse for me.
Especially family members. I know they think I am stupid enough not to know but I'm not.
AS Cathy has told me, we came from bad stock. Sad but true.
No you don't. We all come from the same stock. Pure and simple. If we can accept the fact that the human race is constantly expanding then it means if we go backwards - we are all from the same stock - like it or not.
'The purpose of life is a life of purpose' - Athena Orchard.