Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
NEW ALBUM: COLIN BASS - DANIEL BIRO ~ More
#1
COLIN BASS - DANIEL BIRO ~ More

[Image: NzQtOTAyNy5qcGVn.jpeg]

I always want to listen to Colin Bass's releases because of his association with Camel, and because there is some of his solo stuff that I quite like. The added incentive here was that Andrew Latimer appears on five of the eleven tracks - not just guitar - it's his flute on "Ghost of a Flea" - he has such an indescribably fine touch. I wouldn't say he features prominently, but there is no mistaking that tone and what there is of him was enough for me to purchase the digital version, especially since there are not many of the tracks to be found to listen to freely with unlimited plays online and I REALLY wanted to hear it through more than once. Probably not going to have a broad appeal, but there it is and I'm happy. Whereas their previous release didn't do much for me, this one works. Maybe I need to go back and listen again??  

I would have posted "Deep Fake", I think, and I quite enjoy the title track "More" ... real, complete music, on the whole. I don't think that Colin Bass has a fabulous voice, but he has a je ne sais quoi and let me not forget that Daniel Biro plays a large role here too - writing, keyboards and production. 



"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us." ~ Bill Watterson
Reply


Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NEW ALBUM: Roger Taylor - "violence insane in a beautiful world" CRAZY-HORSE 1 194 19-09-2026, 00:39
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Keb' Mo' - "the breakdown" CRAZY-HORSE 0 208 29-08-2026, 01:52
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Role Model - Chuck Timely & The Hourglass Music Head 0 204 22-08-2026, 11:27
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Jack White - "frozen charlotte" CRAZY-HORSE 1 441 25-07-2026, 11:43
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Rolling Stones - "foreign tongues" CRAZY-HORSE 5 847 23-07-2026, 12:09
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Pretty Reckless - Dear God Music Head 0 237 14-07-2026, 12:20
Last Post: Music Head
  NEW ALBUM: Red Clay Strays - Grateful Music Head 2 524 13-07-2026, 08:50
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Green Desert Trees - "fighting dragons" CRAZY-HORSE 0 357 09-07-2026, 04:08
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Angine De Poitrine - "volume 2" CRAZY-HORSE 0 399 20-06-2026, 01:01
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  NEW ALBUM: Shinedown - EI8HT Music Head 1 605 12-06-2026, 11:53
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE

Forum Jump: