Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How do you listen to music?
I was wondering what are other peoples' listening habits?

I'll go first.
I like picking songs out of folders I've assigned to different albums and bands. I pick about 30 and listen them straight while doing other things on the web or just sitting and listening.
Hi Yarden.

There's another thread somewhere on the forum on this topic, but I'm damned if I can find it...

I tend to listen in the evening, and it's complete albums/CDs only. I like my music immersive, so it's usually terrifyingly loud on the hi-fi, and to the exclusion of everything else. Eyes closed, that sort of stuff.

I've recently started listening to more via laptop, but since I'm usually doing something else at the same time, this really isn't a preffered method.

That's me...
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
I listen to music while I'm on the computer, or just before supper and later before going to sleep mostly on headphones or at low volume late at night to my "soft" tracks/bands as recommended by the MD gang !

The previous thread ,I believe,Tiggi, asked what time of day we listen to music ?
 The ultimate connection is between a performer and its' audience!
My music listening is probably a bit crazy....I stream and listen while on the computer from many sources. If I hear something that catchs my open ear I will listen and decide if it worth my time to persue farther. I say open ear because I have ear phones on listening to an audiobook as "surf" the net...as I do right now...Stream AOL Listening Party and listening to "Mine Game" by Christine Feehan read by Tom Stechsculte...one excellent audio reader.
SteveO Wrote:The previous thread ,I believe,Tiggi, asked what time of day we listen to music ?

Yup, I remember that one, but there was an earlier identical thread.

This one'll do OK, though.
"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture"

Unknown
I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to my music collection :S

Its all on my laptop on iTunes and I usually use headphones or rig my laptop to my amp if I want hi-fi volume, I classify songs into playlists based either on what genre they belong to, how they make me feel, or both. Some genres are split into ages too e.g. modern rock and classic rock.
Some of my playlists are staged too, e.g. my 'Driving' playlist starts off with slowish 'posing' songs, Mustang Sally - The Commitments for example, then goes onto racy songs Ballroom Blitz - Sweet type stuff. Then crusing long journey stuff e.g. Itchycoo Park - Small Faces and night driving In the air tonight - Phil Colins.
Yeah....obsessive.....
Listen to the wind blow,
Watch the sun rise,
Runnin' in the shadows.
Damn your love, Damn your lies,
I listen to music when I am on the computer, maybe chatting. Of I find songs I really like, I will download them to my ipod and listen later.
I just got new monitors for my music editing studies, and they can blow the room!!
YEY!

(I got 5 inch monitors...)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billboard Music Charts For 2024 Music Head 50 5,338 17-09-2024, 19:40
Last Post: Music Head
  Who is your favorite DJ (music)? sing-a-long 2 1,143 18-02-2024, 06:13
Last Post: CRAZY-HORSE
  my christmas haul of music CRAZY-HORSE 0 1,285 29-12-2023, 01:40
  Billboard Music Charts For 2023 Music Head 74 12,483 27-12-2023, 13:10
Smile What year is your favorite in hiphop music? sing-a-long 1 852 17-10-2023, 04:36
  Vintage Music Reviews Ruby 2 505 08-10-2023, 16:51
Last Post: Music Head
  When I say 'relaxing music' what are some of the first albums that come to mind? TraceNspace 19 4,295 07-10-2023, 06:56
Last Post: JeromeD
  Artistic Music Videos Sylwira 0 494 13-07-2023, 08:03
Last Post: Sylwira
  Favorite era of music? sing-a-long 2 1,058 17-06-2023, 05:19
Last Post: purpleocean
  What is a music enthusiast to do ? SteveO 15 3,716 21-02-2023, 14:26
Last Post: JeromeD